• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iluvatar

Reaction score
Here's my contribution to the flow of pictures. These are the brown guncheck trousers from last season.

nbernie

Reaction score

unclesam099

Reaction score
Just received my custom 44L jacket - AWESOME. I need to tailor it a little bit in the waist and maybe take the sleeves up ~1/2" but it's awesome right out of the box. I will definitely be doing the gray suit in the future.

Mike, some feedback about the Walt trousers - the 36" waist fits great throughout, but the leg opening of 8.5" is a bit wide, IMO. I tapered my chocolate brown cords in to 8" and that's nice for a casual pant, but doing an 8.25" like in the Chinos size 36 would be ideal. There's another NY brand on the forums here that has an 8.25" or 8.375" leg opening on their 36 and I feel that's a positive for their trousers, though I prefer the American-made Epaulet trousers that have FANTASTIC construction. Again, in my opinion, and just something to consider.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I've succumbed to temptation and ordered four pairs of Walts:

Donegal Tweed Navy
Horizontal Corduroy Wheat
Flannel Lovat Green
Pale Grape Herringbone

Prefer and will pay for made in the USA when I can find it. Hope I like the fit. I think it should suit me from everything I've seen an, assuming that it does, then I'll be interested to pick up some summer weight trousers once that batch hits.

Last edited:

dra

Reaction score

So I've succumbed to temptation and ordered four pairs of Walts:
Donegal Tweed Navy
Horizontal Corduroy Wheat
Flannel Lovat Green
Pale Grape Herringbone
Prefer and will pay for made in the USA when I can find it. Hope I like the fit. I think it should suit me from everything I've seen an, assuming that it does, then I'll be interested to pick up some summer weight trousers once that batch hits.

Be careful...it's like a gateway drug

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FrankCowperwood if you have the cash to drop on 4 trousers as your intro to Walts, the re-up will be devastating.

devil.gif

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, and I hope I am behaving correctly here, but the goal is to keep two out of the four. Probably the cords, if I like how they look, and one of the wools. As a first go, I wanted to see what the different fabrics look like and I'm not likely to get into the physical store anytime soon. Of course, once I see them, I may end up keeping more than two... we'll have to see.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as Frank. Getting ready to pull the trigger on some Walts for the first time, but with over $1100 in the shopping cart, something's gotta go and I really don't want it to be the Aldens...or anything else. Maybe a quick look at my credit card balance will help bring back to sanity.

Renalan

Reaction score

I'm in the same boat as Frank. Getting ready to pull the trigger on some Walts for the first time, but with over $1100 in the shopping cart, something's gotta go and I really don't want it to be the Aldens...or anything else. Maybe a quick look at my credit card balance will help bring back to sanity.

I feel this, every time I go to Epaulet's site my cart gets ridiculous, and I already bought two pairs of Aldens this month. I think I can only buy one more pair of pants this month before I'm overwhelmed with guilt.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is ridiculous.

OK. So I've got 4 pairs of Walts in the cart: Donegal Cocoa, Donegal Navy, Burnt Umber and Navy Shadow.

I need a pair of blue trousers and a pair of brown trousers (as obviously evidenced by the cart). I just can't decide on which combination to go with.

Burnt Umber and Donegal Navy?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Considering getting the Thorogood 685's - not sure what size to get though......
Description says fits true to size - but then towards the bottom says to get the same size you would wear in Clarks DB's (which is not TTS for me)...
Can anyone comment on this?
And those new pants are ridiculous.

If you want to shoot me a PM and tell me your sizes in some other footwear styles, we might be able to nail it down for you.

you can all lol at my glamor shot in the blackwatch cardigan. was getting a new picture done for work and before putting the suit jacket on had them do a few in the cardy.

This is awesome. The sweater's a great match on you.

I essentially have 4 of these 5 cameras, and can vouch for all of them. (have a 7D instead of 5D but use 5D at work). Love the Fuji, totally agree about the cons but I love the pictures it takes. Never messed with the Ricoh. Might check it out. 4S and S95 are both great pocket cameras.
Want to play with the Fuji X10.

Yeah, the X10 looks fantastic. Photo samples weren't all that impressive though, and with a smaller frame than the X100, I can't see myself carrying it around too much. Beautiful camera though.

Check out the Ricoh - I'm really surprised at how much I like it. The settings are great, and it's really elegant to use.

I used to love shooting film, and I've still got some great film cameras gathering dust in my apt. I wish that I had the time to take up that hobby again.

[quote name"halberdklown" url="/t/111211/epaulet-shop-official-affiliate-thread/8370_90#post_5016508"]any chance the olive drab colored material will make it on another pair of pants? green-olive chino but without the side pocket :( saw the heavyweight twill olive but it seems more on the brown side of the spectrum [/quote]

Absolutely. We're working on some new Rivet Chino products for next year. Things are coming along great, and my ultimate goal is to really invest in inventory and start stocking them in 12-15 different fabrics. I'm sure that an olive one will be in the mix.

The Olive Twill might fit the bill for you now though. It looks a little brown in the photos, but it definitely has a strong olive color in person.

Just got my Carmina Chelsea boots and they are SWEET. Any chance you're going to carry some Carmina trees for these?

Awesome, I'm so glad that you dig the Chelsea boots. Enjoy them!

I don't have any Carmina lasted shoe trees at the moment. I'm not sure what to do there - they come sized and they're pretty expensive. We can offer them with the Carmina makeup projects, but it's tough for me to buy them and stock them - at least at this early stage.

But as nice as lasted shoe trees are, using quality cedar ones will also get the job done just fine.

Mike, new pants are killer.

Thanks dude, glad that you like them!

Agreed. Any chance of a jacket in the muted glen plaid?

Hmmm, actually I've got about 10 yards of this fabric left. We could probably do that if you really wanted it. It would be a special order, probably cost about $750 or so. PM me if you're interested and we can work it out.

That would be the baddest-ass suit that I've seen in a long time.

Just received my custom 44L jacket - AWESOME. I need to tailor it a little bit in the waist and maybe take the sleeves up ~1/2" but it's awesome right out of the box. I will definitely be doing the gray suit in the future.
Mike, some feedback about the Walt trousers - the 36" waist fits great throughout, but the leg opening of 8.5" is a bit wide, IMO. I tapered my chocolate brown cords in to 8" and that's nice for a casual pant, but doing an 8.25" like in the Chinos size 36 would be ideal. There's another NY brand on the forums here that has an 8.25" or 8.375" leg opening on their 36 and I feel that's a positive for their trousers, though I prefer the American-made Epaulet trousers that have FANTASTIC construction. Again, in my opinion, and just something to consider.

Great, thank you for the feedback. And I'm really glad to hear that the jacket worked so well for you. Thanks again for picking it up!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads