1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. xr4ti

xr4ti Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, appreciate it.
    Yeah the pants are sick! I got really lucky and was talking to Mike about sizing on the pair of 32 he had (I wear a 33 Rudy) seeing if I could tailor them to fit. Then out of some crazy Epaulet magic he found a pair of 33 in the back. So lucky and very happy with the pants.

FYI I wear a 33 in the Rudy Trousers(own the Cramertons) and a 34 in the Rivet Chino. Seems to be a good size fit for me all around. The Rivet Chinos are a little slimmer than the Rudy Trousers even in the size difference from 33 to 34. Hope this helps.

2. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm a 34 in the Rudy and I size up to 36 in the Rivet Chinos.

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

+1 I'm the exact same size - 33 Rudy and 34 Rivet and the fit is spot on all around.

4. GBear

GBear Well-Known Member

Haha, i'm the exact opposite, I need to be wearing a belt. Too bad, i'm an hour away lol!

5. meso

meso Well-Known Member

How cute. Spring bromance?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  6. jthan09

jthan09 Well-Known Member

Finally ordered the rivet chino in gunmetal and khaki. So excited!

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

I have the pine and windowpane linen Walts arriving tomorrow. Trying out the windowpane in 34 and 36. Wool Walts seem to be perfect in 34. had to have the sanded canvas let out after a wash, and they even felt tight right out of the shipping box. Not sure why that is. Supposed to be the same measurements.

Then based on my 34/36 findings, plan to order a pair of the cherry red Walts. Those sound like a little bit of fun.

8. halberdklown

halberdklown Well-Known Member

^ are you normally inbetween sizes as well? I was planning on getting the 34 and 36 in the linen walts, too, so please chime in once you receive them!

9. xr4ti

xr4ti Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wearing the Madras today, fantastic shirt, IH Jeans and Alden Roy Boots. Damn dog keeps photo bombing me.

10. Simplicio

Simplicio Well-Known Member

Are cuffs getting even larger on SF? I recall when 1.75" was considered bold.

Nice pants though. Perhaps I should have gotten some.

11. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

Heads up -- a pair of size 31 French Blue chinos is on their way back to Mike and Adele...

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Yes. It seems as if I am. I'll definitely let you know what I decided. My guess is that it will end up being a decision based on how the thigh and seat fit in one vs the other.
    Great shirt. Have that one myself and wore in during our recent March heatwave. Looking forward to getting into it again. And in re. the dog. Must like you or something. That or looking for food.:)

13. xr4ti

xr4ti Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the Loro Piana Navy Window Pane Trousers and would be willing to snap some pics as to what they look like in the daylight? I want to pre-order some on the Rudy order but the pics on the website are dark. Just want to get a true feel for the color before I order, no returns on the Rudy's makes it tough. Thanks in advance.

14. trig

trig Well-Known Member

anyone need 34 navy canvas rivets before i return to epaulet? i'm going to go for the navy regimental twill walt instead, seems darker and softer :)

15. scottcw

scottcw Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence about the pre-order for these also. Ideally, a whole 3-piece suit it this fabric would magically make its way to the city by the bay.

16. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Hey Mike,

I think I mentioned previously that I'm going to return the gingham shirt that I bought but I was thinking about exchanging it for a pair of trousers or chinos. I'll probably order the Navy Windowpane Linen Walts but I'm also looking for a pair of summer trousers that might go with these green suede shoes I got recently and I was wondering if you (or anyone else) would be able to recommend something? I guess the French Blue or White would be great but any other suggestions, may be a bit more daring?

[​IMG]

Slightly better pic of the colour.

[​IMG]

Thanks

17. halberdklown

halberdklown Well-Known Member

Yea, that's about my only decision-making factor with these as well, thanks to their great ability for being let in or out in the waist. +1 for Epaulet's thoughtful design!

18. JanC

JanC Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me how Epaulet shirts fit compared to Wolf v Goat Before Dinner shirts?

Thanks

19. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

Thought I'd throw in a cramerton fit:

[​IMG]

20. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

I wear a medium in Epaulet and for a BD medium in WvG, I could get the shirt on, but I was literally about to bust a seam in the arms. WvG shirt had higher armholes and slimmer arms and slimmer through the chest. In contrast the AD in medium didn't have darts, so the waist was loose, still relatively slim though. But if you asking about construction and overall quality, the epaulet shirt is on a different level.