1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

I'm curious to know who here has the most Epaulet stuff? NYR?

Sometimes I wish Epaulet was local to me so I can walk in to try stuff. My wallet would probably be very light afterward though.

I bought my first chinos about 2 months ago. At the moment, I'm at 5 pairs of chinos and 3 pairs of trousers. :embar: The bug is in full effect indeed.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  2. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Im going to say kg he has some monstrous amount of shirts collection

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  3. pistolero

pistolero Well-Known Member

I just counted 21 pairs of Walt trousers in my closet, plus a few pairs of chinos.

1 person likes this.
  4. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys. The real credit goes to Mike & Co. for sourcing such cool fabrics.

This is just awesome. Great use of monochrome, IMO. Bonus points for the Mini Me inclusion.

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

I would stay away from ANY blue in the top half wearing these pants, for fear of becoming a blueberry, though this doesn't look all that bad.

I have a bunch, but not as much as you'd think...I just wear it all the time. 3 pair of Walts, 1 Rudy, 8 rivets, 1 sweater (trying to sell it btw or swap for a larger size, I bought it too small), and 3 shirts (two of those on the way).

6. kgmessier

Quote:
    Shirts: 15
    Dress Trou: 11
    Rivet Chinos: 8
    Denim: 1
    Blazers: 1
    Footwear: 3
    Ties: 2
    Scarves: 1

That's 42 items in total. Also bought a couple other pieces from Epaulet that weren't made exclusively for them. I'm sure there are others out there who have me beat...

Like this guy. ^^^

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  7. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Let's see:

2 pairs of shorts
    4 trousers
    4 rivets
    1 denim
    13 shirts
    2 outerwear(1 jacket, 1 blazer)
    1 sweater
    1 footwear
    1 neckwear

I've got some catching up to do.

8. sfactor23

sfactor23 Well-Known Member

no shoes? [​IMG]

9. kgmessier

See above.

10. NewYorkIslander

I forgot, 1 pair of shoes, soon to be a few more!

11. kgmessier

And a damned nice pair at that. [​IMG]

12. scottcw

scottcw Well-Known Member

Hmmm... this made me go rummage through my closet.

14 shirts (would be several more if my size didn't sell out quickly in the koi, strawberry thief, etc.)
    2 sport Coats/blazers
    1 three piece suit
    10 pair pants/trousers
    2 pair jeans
    4 sweaters/cardigans
    1 CPO jacket
    5 pair shoes

I was thinking recently that I could only wear items bought from Epaulet and have a pretty complete wardrobe.

13. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Wow, was thinking that what you guys have is a balls-crazy a lot, but then I looked in my closet...

3x chinos
    2x trousers
    1x suit jacket
    5x shirts

And that's just in ~1 year...

...I can easily see that double in another year...so I guess these amounts aren't really farfetched.

14. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Well-Known Member

I just counted 19 Walts, 5 Rivets, and 3 pairs of boots. Not going to do a shirt count but it's up there. Yikes.

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Can some of you guys who wear Medium shirts, 32w pants, or 11.5d shoes send me your addresses so I can come rob you sometime? :fonz:

16. NewYorkIslander

or for that matter (32W pants Medium Shirt folk) let me know if you decide to part with any of it...:)

17. canal_overdub

canal_overdub Well-Known Member

hey if you need a co-conspirator on this these are my fits as well.

I thought I had a good pile of epaulet kit but some of you fellows in this thread have me lapped a few times!

18. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Good call! We've actually got this on track for the Fall. A while back, we did a Rivet Chino in a Japanese cotton herringbone. It came in a dark charcoal color and it definitely served to dress up the shape significantly. A few of you guys out there might own them. We're going to run some additional fabrics like that in the Fall. That's probably as dressy as it will get, as I'm going to stick with cotton, machine-washable fabrics for the chinos.

The Walts, however, are a different story. I've been a busy man with buying Fall fabrics - including quite a few exclusives. We'll have a ton of great stuff, but I'm especially excited about a dark grape-toned Shetland tweed. Oh my god. It's a marled fabric that's freaking unbelievable. Not too purple - it's just the right amount. Pretty sure we're going to run Weller jackets in that for a 2-piece suit

You bet. Our Spring jackets should be here in the next two weeks or so. Outside of the Caine blazer which we're more or less stocking, we'll get:

Loro Piana tonal glen plaid windowpane
    Grass Green corduroy (with white MOP buttons)
    Grape Double-Faced cotton-linen (grape on the outside, striped on the inside)

We'll also introduce a new jacket called the "Marcello." Part of my Pitti mission was to source a true unstructured Neopolitan jacket. This is going to be the real deal. Hand tailored, phenomenal fit, "spalla camicia" shoulder, and the whole nine. Made in a tiny workshop in Naples. We're running it in three lightweight Zegna fabrics. That should be here around the end of March, first week of April.

I'd give you four guidlines for it:
    1. Only use distilled water. This is really crucial. Using tap or spring water will jam it up with use.
    2. Move the wand slowly and steadily.
    3. Always hold the wand flat against the garment, and at a 90-degree to the floor. If the wand gets angled down (45 degrees to the floor or so) then water will seep out of it and onto your clothes.
    4. On very wrinkled garments, you may have to put the wand inside and steam from the interior too.

Outside of that, you can check out this hilarious online instruction guide. It's not the best online guide, but it has a great dose of mid 90's web design. From the dated photos, to tiny images that don't enlarge, to "NEXT PAGE" links that just appear after the text, it's a trip down memory lane! The tips are decent though.
    http://www.jiffysteamer.com/HowToSteam/

I love this fit! That club collar oxford is still going strong too! Man, that's like from Spring '10 right?

Awesome! Those shoes look great on you. And I can speak for the entire Epaulet staff when I say that we're all sweating your sportcoat.

The units for the next delivery are mostly reserved, but we'll get a 7oz French Blue cloth around the end of March. And the 10oz Duck Canvas French Blue should get restocked around late May or so.

This. Is. Fantastic. Thanks for doing the holiday pants so much justice!

It should be pretty inexpensive to do. It's really just sewing buttons behind your belt loops. You could probably do it yourself too. Just google brace buttons, I'm sure that there's some info online about it.

Oh I got a little something up my sleeve. How about a multicolored windowpane linen?

I think this is a great fit! It's really cool that you illustrated how the French Blue's could be worn with a blue-toned patterned shirt. Normally this would be too matched up, but the shirt has enough of a neutral ground that it looks great. And it's really freaking cute to be matched up with your kid. When I have a child someday, I'll need to buy something like 20 miniature Fred Perry polos for them to wear.

1 person likes this.
  19. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

I gotta move my wand slowly and steadily eh? :sly:

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]