1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

Guys, there are two shirts in the SALE section that are available in size XS. If I didn't already have each of them, I would insta-kop, so anyone else who is always bemoaning the lack of XS availability would be wise to hit these up, pronto.

2. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Well-Known Member

How is the cranberry plaid shirt in terms of shrinkage, compared to say the purple/brown gingham shirt (I believe you have that one as well)? I have 5 Epaulet shirts so far and they all shrink differently, with the purple/brown gingham having the most shrinkage. I find Epaulet's M to be almost a perfect fit for me without shrinkage (i.e. before first wash), but gets a little tight in the chest if noticeable shrinkage occurs. Of course, I suppose I should try to shrink myself by 5~10 lbs at some point....

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

4. StanleyVanBuren

5. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Now to contemplate whether I need that cranberry plaid shirt or not...

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

We can probably do that. I'll see if we can pull together some swatches next week of things that have have available fabric in.

You and me both, and again, I'm sorry for the delay. We met with Alden about it on Monday and asked again - they reassured us that the boots are in the pipeline and should be delivered quite soon. I'll send an update just as soon as I have anything.

The bottom of the boot is lined, while the top sheath (part covering your ankles) is not. But since it's a roughout leather, that top sheath has a smooth interior, so it's really comfortable.

Nice, looking boss as usual!

This is amazing! I love the contrast of the Smith's to Kiss.

It's funny to me how well-versed that kids are these days in the music of our collective childhoods. If you're an angst-ridden teen, there's not much in popular, mainstream music that's going to appeal to you. Admittedly, I'm 35 and choose to be out of touch with newer music. But when I was a teen in the early 90's, music on MTV and on the radio - stuff that was easily accessible - offered a diversity of pissed off bands and musicians who commented on their frustration. People who you could identify with. That music probably still exists, but without a central conduit it doesn't seem to really hit the mainstream.

Sometimes I wonder if it's (1) I'm getting older or (2) music today is largely shite compared to what it was. Probably a mixture of both.

Haha, it's actually totally normal. Usually guys get into clothing through some kind of subculture. As a punk/goth/hardcore/hiphop/skater/skinhead/whatever you get into the practice of dressing around a code and with a certain style. Eventually you grow out of that particular look, and start to embrace a more mature look. But you still want to look outside of the mainstream. Plenty of guys who I work with in the fashion industry came from some kind of music subculture background. I still feel the same way. Dressing to the 9's and walking around gives that feeling that a Dead Kennedy's shirt and 10-eye oxblood docs gave me at 17.

Young dudes who are 17 and already really well, though, that always blows my mind. We get a lot of them coming through the Manhattan store. My hat's off to them.

Oh that is fantastic!

Thanks for picking up the Service Pants! I think that the Walt's going to fit you really well. I'd only be concerned if the chinos are tight on you, but you should be good to go.

You'll probably need a Rudy. I'm unfortunately totally out of Cramerton cloth, but we'll surely run some Rudy 36's in different cottons throughout the Spring.

Hmm, depends on what style you're looking at. If it's a loafer, then the fit may be too slim for you. With a laceup shoe, I'd recommend going for a 10 with the intention of wearing them with socks.

Thank you sir! Enjoy those boots!

They're pretty close. Cramerton has a less saturated color. The hand on the fabric is vastly different though. The Cramertons are stiffer and thicker (mm, that probably came out wrong). The Japanese Khaki is lighter and softer.

Shoot me the info via PM. I actually changed our mailserver this week and we lost a few emails that were sent to our @epauletshop.com addresses. I'll get it sorted for you ASAP.

7. Dewey

Dewey Well-Known Member

So .. no button fly Walts then?

8. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

Mike-
    Is the oxford cloth material the same for the Point Color & BD Collar offerings?

Any chance you will be releasing a BD Collar in White Oxford?

Can you give us a traser of some of the new shirt offerings for Spring? Any new Dress shirts?

9. StanleyVanBuren

[​IMG]

Cranberry madras. Sleeve length looks good -- minimal shrinkage. Washed & worn at least 10 times, probably more.

10. jhilla

jhilla Well-Known Member

NYR, are these the Alden ATOM wingtips? Never seen them in the wild. EPIC!

11. Epaulet

No, the Walts will be made with a zip fly. Rivet chinos have a button fly. But we will have cotton walts coming in about four weeks. We'll get:

Butterscotch Canvas
    Pale Olive Canvas
    Dark Forest Canvas
    French Blue Brushed Twill

Yup, same oxford cloth for both. We'll surely run a white OCBD in the next 6 weeks or so. And I'm going to work on Spring swatches for the next delivery of shirts. There's lotsa ginghams coming in, and a club collar here and there.

12. Epaulet

Quick cross-post from the Alden MTO thread. We're taking preorders on a pretty fresh alden makeup in Whiskey Shell.

Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Wingtip Plaza Last Boot Preorder

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for all of your patience. We've formally built out the Whiskey Shell Wingtip Boot on our website, and we're accepting deposits on it now. Preorders will be open until next Saturday the 4th.
    http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1366/Alden-Whiskey-Shell-Wingtip/Detail

I had a great meeting with Alden last week, and I feel very confident doing these special order projects. Arranging it through our website as such keeps it very organized for us.

In terms of lead time, I wrote the order terms to reflect the worst case and slowest scenario. We're in the top tier of Alden retailers, and we generally get very good deliveries on makeups. But, as you know, Whiskey, Ravello, and Cigar can sometimes come with very long lead times, and there's no way for me to expedite the process.

13. mothball

mothball Well-Known Member

Yes! Love these:)

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

15. Kingcarn

Kingcarn Well-Known Member

Did anyone ever post pictures or details of the epaulet tuxedo? I did a quick search of this thread and didn't see much.

16. Epaulet

You and me both. A restock on that fabric has been a LONG time coming.

And man, French Blue brushed is going to be really good. It's one of the best feeling fabrics that I've ever touched.

No, I totally dropped the ball on that! I have a ton of pics from my wedding in the tuxedo, I'll get them posted up.

17. Epaulet

18. Epaulet

and it's been ages since I posted a fit pic. This was my key Pitti look. It definitely was not warm that day. Can you tell that I'm freezing there?

[​IMG]
    Epaulet Wool/Cashmere Daltrey Jacket
    Epaulet Navy Gingham cutaway collar shirt
    Ashland Dots Knit Tie
    Walt Cargo Flannel trousers
    (barely shown) Carmina Saddle Shell Cordovan Double Monks

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  19. cloudshift

cloudshift Well-Known Member

PM sent. Thanks!

20. scb