• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmmm, I'm tempted to order one now and see how it fits. But what about the neck? If I'm a 15.5, is a 16 obviously too big?

You are a medium. I have a 15.5 neck and the medium neck was perfect. Seriously, use your thumb and index finger to make 1/2 an inch and ask yourself if that will make a difference.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remember that Epaulet permits SF members to return for refund.

This policy has helped me many times.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will hold off on ordering and wait for you to report back ;)

I am in the same boat but a 34 and am eyeing the Tan moleskins but am scared to even try the Walts.

I think I may wait and try them on in the store, I'll be in NYC the weekend of Sep 17-18, so that may be easier for me. It will save me the hassle of returning them if they don't fit. Epaulet has a great return policy indeed, but I'd still rather not pay the return shipping if I don't have to.

Mike - do you have a good stock of the tan moleskins to try on in-store?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I think I may wait and try them on in the store, I'll be in NYC the weekend of Sep 17-18, so that may be easier for me. It will save me the hassle of returning them if they don't fit. Epaulet has a great return policy indeed, but I'd still rather not pay the return shipping if I don't have to.

Mike - do you have a good stock of the tan moleskins to try on in-store?

Yes, we definitely should. Pretty sure that we'll be restocked on Navy and Olive by then too.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Picked up that natural chromexcel belt. Glad you sold out of the natural bridle belt, because those are so much easier to come by and I'm excited to pair this with my natural Indy's from Leffot. Now I'm just waiting on a re-stock of the natty loafers from Epaulet. Natural CXL is one of the best leathers around IMO.

dls6128

Reaction score
Just wanted to stop in and compliment you guys on how well all the pieces are styled. I love the look with the mainline Gant down vest a couple pages back.

HelloIDistance

Reaction score

Epaulet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> J Crew

There is no comparison.

Truth. After wearing Epaulet and other quality clothes J Crew feels insanely cheap. Be warned once you try Epaulet you will never go back :nodding:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So chino restocks 3 weeks out? Or coming in two shipments based on fabric source. Thanks again!

Hatch&Whisk

Reaction score
epaulet > jcrew can be said for many higher end (pricepoint) brands. new england shirt company feels better than jcrew oxfords. taylor stitch madras are more luxurious than jcrew madras. epaulet is MILES ahead of jcrew.

as far as trousers (perhaps chinos aswell) are concerned, epaulet might have the best made in the USA option.

Xhale12

Reaction score
Has anyone tried some of the epaulet raw denim jeans? I don't have a pair of nice... I am a reformed true religion junkie, and have finially matured. I was looking at Naked and Famous, APC, and EPaulet ones.... Not looking for something ULTRAtight. I have a slim but muscular build.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the Smith's, but honestly I don't wear them too much. I'm a 32 in the rivet chinos and trousers and was told to go with a 32 for their jeans but I really, really wish I had sized down. Much too baggy for me to wear. However, I can say the cut, construction, and materials appear to be top notch. I'd just personally recommend sizing down 1.

Xhale12

Reaction score
Why not just exchange it out for a smaller size? Am I missing something?
I have a pair of the Smith's, but honestly I don't wear them too much. I'm a 32 in the rivet chinos and trousers and was told to go with a 32 for their jeans but I really, really wish I had sized down. Much too baggy for me to wear. However, I can say the cut, construction, and materials appear to be top notch. I'd just personally recommend sizing down 1.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Did they stretch out to that or were they always a bit big? How do you care for them (wash/dryclean/jump in the ocean)? I think i may go with a pair at some point this year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads