• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What happened to the posting of the new ties?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the wait guys, I finally got these photographed and online. As with the first round: 1. Ties measure 2.5" wide and 58" long. Bowties are square-end and measure 1.5" wide. 2. Made in NYC of either Italian silk or US cotton 3. Any order placed on my website over $50 automatically ships for free in the US. For SF members, if you want one of the items under $50, then I'll ship those for free to the US as well. Just PM me. 4. We only have 3-4 units of each tie, so if there's a style that you like, you might want to grab it quickly. Bowties First...
Burg%20Bowtie%20Main_thumb.jpg
Burgundy/Navy Stripe Silk Bowtie: $40
Blue%20Chambray%20Bowtie_thumb.jpg
Blue Chambray Cotton Bowtie: $40 And now the Neckties...
Multicolor%20Check%20Tie_thumb.jpg
Multicolor Gingham Raw Silk Tie: $52 Note: this one is especially f'in awesome
Lion%20Tie_thumb.jpg
Burgundy Embroidered Lion Silk Tie: $60
Gold%20Paisley%20Tie_thumb.jpg
Gold Paisley Silk Tie: $52
Red%20Strap%20Tie_thumb.jpg
Red Buckle Pattern Silk Tie

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my gf was watching the real housewives of nyc tv show yesterday, and i believe i saw your store on there, a 1 second clip of the front of your shop... unless there is another epaulet store in nyc

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
my gf was watching the real housewives of nyc tv show yesterday, and i believe i saw your store on there, a 1 second clip of the front of your shop... unless there is another epaulet store in nyc
Yup, that's us. Alex & Simon live a few blocks away from the shop, so we know them really well. They're regular customers. It's amazing how often I hear this. There are "Real Housewives" fans coming out of the woodwork. Our UPS guy - who seriously resembles the "King of Queens," and would be the last guy I expect to watch any show on Bravo, called it out the day after that episode aired. It was crazy. There's a chance that I might be on this Tuesday's episode. I went to the party that they filmed. I didn't know anyone and just drank my face off. Because I wore a cardigan and had sideburns, everyone at this event assumed that I was in "Flight of the Conchords." I got wasted on Pomegranate martinis and danced like an idiot when they played Daft Punk. Actually, it's probably best if they don't show me on there.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

In addition to the collaborative Styleforum shirts, we've got a bunch of other items coming. Here's a little fabric swatch preview. Everything is scheduled to arrive around May 25th.

I'm thrilled to say that we've got a new pattern - a slim-fit buttondown shortsleeve! It will sell for $110, and has a great turned-up notch detail at the end of the sleeves.

Styleforum Collaborative Shirts
Buttondown collar, natural shell buttons, long sleeve

Grey Chambray
3505370331_0d0b144639_m.jpg

Light Blue Gingham Seersucker
3506179324_b24289d94a_m.jpg

New Epaulet Long Sleeve Shirts

Natural Batiste
(Buttondown collar, barrel cuff, super soft and lightweight)
3506179236_fd07d17344_m.jpg

Pink Microhoundstooth
(Cutaway collar, barrel cuff, re-issue of last batch's fastest seller)
3506179736_d049166923_m.jpg

Candy Stripe
(Spread Collar, french cuff, serious dandy style)
3506179172_b269f97f2b_m.jpg

New Epaulet Short Sleeve Shirts

Tartan Seersucker
(Buttondown collar, awesome color, great texture)
3505370809_bba58b0ac0_m.jpg

Red "Sunkissed" Chambray
(Buttondown collar, same Japanese fabric mill as the Grey Styleforum shirt)
3505370695_2e15d4e4dc_m.jpg

Forest Green Gingham
(Buttondown collar, really old-school, I've always wanted one in this color so I made it!)
3506179648_d069d99840_m.jpg

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm excited.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We got two new Epaulet ties in stock. As usual, they're made in NYC and measure 2.5" wide.

Sorry for the crappy Iphone pics - haven't had a chance to properly shoot these yet. If you're interested in one, just drop me a PM.

Raw Silk Multicolor Gingham - $52 shipped
(This is a new colorway with a flash of magenta)
3508296204_3ec13da172.jpg

Cotton Plaid Madras - $40 shipped
(same fabric as our cotton madras bowtie, which is sold out)
3507486469_3b85fcf3e1.jpg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Yup, that's us. Alex & Simon live a few blocks away from the shop, so we know them really well. They're regular customers.

It's amazing how often I hear this. There are "Real Housewives" fans coming out of the woodwork. Our UPS guy - who seriously resembles the "King of Queens," and would be the last guy I expect to watch any show on Bravo, called it out the day after that episode aired. It was crazy.

There's a chance that I might be on this Tuesday's episode. I went to the party that they filmed. I didn't know anyone and just drank my face off. Because I wore a cardigan and had sideburns, everyone at this event assumed that I was in "Flight of the Conchords." I got wasted on Pomegranate martinis and danced like an idiot when they played Daft Punk.

Actually, it's probably best if they don't show me on there.

Haha. I think I "know" of this infamous night. Wish I were there.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to this thread, I did something stupid; for some reason I just bought a bow-tie. I'm sure the minute I put it on, I'll laugh.

Unfortunately, I'm not a US SF'er though. Free shipping options was really the only reason I considered doing my M.Sc. in the US, but alas, I'm Canadian for life.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Lorenzo Martone, Marc Jacobs' fiancee, wore our burgundy stripe square-end bowtie to his 30th birthday party. It was pretty cool when we saw the photos on W magazine's blog.

blog_lorenzo_marc_10.jpg

blog_lorenzo_marc_22.jpg

When I turned 30, I hired a punk/metal karaoke band and paid them an extra $500 to learn "Body Count's In the House" for that evening. I think that I'm still suffering from partial hearing loss.

Burg%20Bowtie%20Main_thumb.jpg

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...are-End/Detail

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads