1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

Killing it as usual KG

2. dmash

dmash Well-Known Member

Been in the middle of a big move...haven't been able to frequent SF......

So is there an official 'week' that the shadow dot preorder is going to ship? Just wondering.

3. flyguy7

flyguy7 Well-Known Member

Just picked up the olive moleskin trousers and need some advice. I was gonna take them to get hemmed but it occurred to me that the moleskin being cotton might shrink a lot. Obviously I'm not planning to throw them in the washing machine but I won't want to have them tailored to a perfect length and then shrink another inch on their first cleaning.

4. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

Are the moleskins dry-clean only? If you're concerned about it, wash them first (if they're machine-washable) in cold water on the delicate cycle, hang them to dry, iron them, then get them tailored.

5. flyguy7

Usually I'd feel comfortable throwing anything cotton in the wash but the tag says dry-clean only

6. kgmessier

Check with Mike at Epaulet. I'm pretty sure it's safe to machine-wash any of his all-cotton trousers—he has tried to get the production crew to remove the dry-clean only tags from those trousers, but to no avail—but you'll want to confirm that with him first.

7. iluvatar

iluvatar Well-Known Member

I've emailed them about this before, and yes, the moleskin trousers are safe to machine wash and hang dry. They just use the same tag on all their trousers, despite the fact that the cotton ones can be washed. Also, yes, they did shrink a bit in length when I washed them. I didn't do before and after measurements, but it was definitely noticeable.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  8. flyguy7

Thanks for the replies fellas. Definitely going to give them a run through the washer before hemming.

9. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

10. kgmessier

Thanks, guys. Happy Friday!

11. about11oclock

about11oclock Well-Known Member

forget about kg :), it's dylan's world, and we're all just living in it.

12. kgmessier

Wurd. I'm just doing my best to be a reflection. Dylan got my vote.

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Thanks for voting dudes - we made a valiant effort. He may not officially be the hottest shopkeep, but dude knows how to rock a wide-brim Borsalino hat.
    Awesome, love this whole look. Dig the watch too.
    I'd say that they're coming around the first week of September. We made 72 shirts for this go-around, so the stock should hold out a lot longer. I'll give you guys a heads-up before we launch it.
    Yup, this is great advice for all of our cotton trousers! Okay, time for some product updates. First off, we got a full restock of our popular white, blue, and red point-collar oxford shirts (well, the red is actually a chambray). These have become a staple item for us, and it's a fresh take on the traditional OCBD. For a lot of guys, this is their first Epaulet shirt purchase: [​IMG] Point Collar Oxford Shirt White: $130 [​IMG] Point Collar Oxford Shirt Blue: $130 [​IMG] Point Collar Chambray Shirt Red: $130 A new belt style and the long-awaited restock of the Weller sportcoat is coming shortly!

14. Epaulet

SINGLE PRONG BELT IN BROWN, SIZE 38

Hey guys,
    I remember that some members were interested in this item. I've now got one available - please PM me if you'd still like to pick it up.

15. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Well-Known Member

16. nathanl

nathanl Well-Known Member

On the Weller restock - is a 36 short going to happen this fall? I've seen references to other lengths here and there...

17. chiggah

chiggah Well-Known Member

is there a coupon code for johnstons scarves ? :D

18. Epaulet

For the Fall, yes. I'm thinking that we can take Short and Long special orders on suits to be delivered around end November. The batch of Weller's that just arrived are only in R lengths. Oh, and got a quick fit photo you guys might dig: [​IMG] Matt wearing our Red Point Collar Chambray shirt and Ashland Regimental necktie.

19. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

Awesome chambray! and yes, I voted for Dylan...haven't seen the Pablo Escobar look before but it kicks ass.
    Wore my clay canvas pants, blue gingham and a pair of Alden cigar PTB's while flying home yesterday. It was a good look. Should have my belt tomorrow and it would have polished off what I was wearing very well.

20. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Great red chambray Mike. i wasn't quite sure on the collar in the stock photo, but seeing it on Matt makes me wish I never dropped 90 for the JCrew one. :embar: