1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. slows2k

slows2k Well-Known Member

Well then, you said the magic words and the 85 degree California weather outside goaded me through the final steps. These should be awesome for summer. Checkout was totally smooth, no problems at all.

2. Poomba

Poomba Well-Known Member

What would the timeline for getting a pair of pants made to match the Dartmouth jacket?

Also, when will the suede trainer preorders be arriving?

3. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has already been covered, but how are the woven trainers for wide feet? Are these bases on the tennis trainer last? I have a pair of 10.5 sports trainers in unfinished horse that fit great but it's my understanding that a wider last.

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

@Poomba about 4 weeks for those pants, $250.

Suede is planned to ship next month, still on track as of now

5. Epaulet

@avsmusic1 it's the same last as the Tennis, but I've had a few guys try on the sample and find that it felt a bit wider due to no tongue, slip-on design. But it's still pretty new for us, so feedback is limited. Would be worth a try if you like it. I personally find it a bit less fitted than the laced trainer... kind of like how loafers are

6. Funcheese

Funcheese Well-Known Member

I have a great solution for that; Stop shopping at Suit Supply ;)

7. Epaulet

@althanis man, I tell you.. it's good to read that ;)

Our former site had so many empty categories and poor image scaling that it looked like a ransom note at times. I'm so happy that the new one has more visual potential, although we now have a lot of content to fill in. I actually didn't look at Suit Supply before... our new site is a reworked Shopify template. The "Editorial" design is one of the new e-commerce concepts, especially for single-brand sites. You use large images and nested navigation rather than the traditional side menus and tons of categories.

As we're moving from a store-based business to a single-brand business, we'll carry less stuff overall but invest more time and energy in developing the things that we do well. A good example are gloves. We carried Epaulet branded gloves from Merola for about three years. They were gorgeous products and sold quite well in the shops. Gloves are a great gift item and also something that people buy in stores when it's cold.

Online? Not so much. We were one of a hundred places selling Merola gloves, and there's not much impetus to buy them from Epaulet unless we were on markdown. Which I get. Why not just buy the gloves from Saks or something?

So, we're going to eliminate all of those "low effort" products. There's going to be a video for everything that we offer, so if I can't compellingly talk about it for two minutes, then we're not going to buy it. If we're doing anything outside of our own brand, it has to be really remarkable. Actually our Spiewak Parka was a good example of a perfect outside product. We sold nearly 700 of them because they were amazing in a bunch of ways. Good price, great fit, good story, complete exclusive.

8. Epaulet

Sale Section Going Away Tomorrow

Just a quick heads-up, we're planning the site relaunch on Tuesday. And our sale section is pretty intensely picked through at this point. It's going offline tomorrow, and we'll just keep any remaining stuff in LA for visiting customers to buy.

If you want to pick anything up, here's a code for 15% off the already marked down price:

SALE15

And here's the link below. Our site does not yet have the coding to remove sold-out variants, so I have to do it manually in the short term.. we should be up and running with that in a few days.

https://epauletnewyork.com/collections/sale

9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Hey, didn't see any shoes in the shoe/boot section - are you moving entirely out of non EP shoes?

10. Epaulet

@venividivicibj

Up in the air TBH. We seriously sold every single pair of Aldens that we had on hand. Everything. We have some more on order, but still discussing with them as to move forward with things.

I've certainly got a lot of boots planned for Fall.. stock will be primarily horsehide, but we'll do a bunch of group buys and special orders. We're doing a new blake-stitch Derby as well. I'd still like to carry Aldens, but I don't have any other footwear brands that I'm interested in at the moment. Although I'm always happy to hear suggestions. We get approached a lot, but I don't see us doing a footwear brand that's also carried by a bunch of shoe retailers in our competitive space. With Alden, we've got our Innsbruck signature stuff, so we'd be mostly doing things that direction.

cyclohexane likes this.
  11. cyclohexane

cyclohexane Well-Known Member

Alden Innsbruck natural chromexcel alt Wein boot wirh brass eyelets? I forget which member in the thread called it the "Brass Monkey".

EP is one of the few places left to get non-stock styles of Alden in extended sizes and widths. I'd hate to see it go away, mostly because I can't find anything that fits my feet better than Aldens in various lasts in 8.5EEE and 9EEE.