• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

novaeagle

Reaction score
Is it just me or did the measurements listed for rivets change again? I notice the waist measurements were previously at half-inches (i.e. 31 was 33.5") but are now wholes (31 is now 33"). Was there a reason for this change? Did anything else change?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rivet EFF tomorrow? I have been really out of the loop but think it was supposed to be end of July?

It's actually happening later today. We have pretty decent stock on most of these fabrics (8-12 units). I'll start building it out this afternoon. Lots of great stuff to choose from!

What are the chances a medium Koufax would work for someone who typically wears a large in other EP tops? A 40 doyle fits me well and I'm a 40 in EP suit jackets/blazers. At 21' the chest measurement looks to be in line with what I see on a L/40 in other EP stuff, but the shoulder gives me some cause for concern. I've never owned a leather jacket but I seem to recall seeing some (non-EP specific) advice around opting for a more snug fit. That said, I want to be able to wear more than a t-shirt under it and I wouldn't want to buy a horsehide piece capable of lasting decades just to have it not fit if I gain 10lbs. Will this stretch/mold at all?

I'd love to sell you this jacket, but I'm pretty sure that it would be too small on you. The Golden Bear slim sizing jives very well with Epaulet shirting. And this isn't a cafe racer style that might look cool worn skin-tight.

What style are you thinking for the spring pre-order?

Also what is the advantage of an unlined jacket as compared to one with a cotton gabardine or quality silk lining?

We're looking at a simplified version of last season's cafe racer. Possibly an MA-1 style as well.

There's no huge advantages to an unlined leather piece. It's softer, lighter, and more casual. Completely molds to you. Will breathe better too - although we're still talking about horsehide, so it's not like you'll wear it in the height of the Summer.

A large part of it is craftsmanship. Very few places on Earth could do an unlined horse jacket and make it look clean and beautiful. It's extremely challenging - so it will show off their skill. Thedi's manufacturing is really second to none

Last edited:

jglenn777

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. The simplified racer sounds like a great addition.

I have a few more questions:
First is about about the merino cardigan in the sale section. Do you think the XL will fit me if I wear a 46 sport coat?

Second, is in regard to selecting an Alden boot. How would the plaza last on the alt wein boot compare to the Trublance and antique lasts? I am new to Alden and am in the process of learning about the variations in design. I went to a local cobbler and tried on a few. First I tried on a shoe with an Aberdeen in a size 11.5 and it fit perfectly. Next I tried the Indy boot and found that an 11 fit like a glove. I am tempted to buy an Indy but decided that I would rather find a similar custom boot without the white stitching on top. So I am considering the Alt Wein pre-order or possibly waiting on the cap-toe plaza from the recent forum post. This would give the boots a less casual appearance and adds flexibility to wear them in more professional setting.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to sell you this jacket, but I'm pretty sure that it would be too small on you. The Golden Bear slim sizing jives very well with Epaulet shirting. And this isn't a cafe racer style that might look cool worn skin-tight.
Thanks Mike - As always, I appreciate your help and honesty

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. The simplified racer sounds like a great addition.

First is about about the merino cardigan in the sale section. Do you think the XL will fit me if I wear a 46 sport coat?

Second, is in regard to selecting an Alden boot. How would the plaza last on the alt wein boot compare to the Trublance and antique lasts? I am new to Alden and am in the process of learning about the variations in design. I went to a local cobbler and tried on a few. First I tried on a shoe with an Aberdeen in a size 11.5 and it fit perfectly. Next I tried the Indy boot and found that an 11 fit like a glove. I am tempted to buy an Indy but decided that I would rather find a similar custom boot without the white stitching on top. So I am considering the Alt Wein pre-order or possibly waiting on the cap-toe plaza from the recent forum post. This would give the boots a less casual appearance and adds flexibility to wear them in more professional setting.
If you are an 11.5 in Aberdeen, I it is likely you are the same in Plaza. Plaza is closer to Aberdeen in the Alden last scale and at the opposite end of the scale from Trubalance

AndyC

Reaction score
Finally broke down and bought the Woodland Digital Camo Rivets. I've been trying to convince myself I needed camo pants, and with the extra 30% today, I was finally successful. Threw in a belt and a hoodie for good measure. Can't beat 3 EP items for just over a buck and a quarter!

Now bring on the Rivet EFF
thumbs-up.gif

Last edited:

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score

Finally broke down and bought the Woodland Digital Camo Rivets. I've been trying to convince myself I needed camo pants, and with the extra 30% today, I was finally successful. Threw in a belt and a hoodie for good measure. Can't beat 3 EP items for just over a buck and a quarter!

Now bring on the Rivet EFF :thumbs-up:  

I've been on the fence about the camo too. I've never had a camo piece, though, and am wondering how to wear them. Any ideas/examples that I could look to for inspiration?

AndyC

Reaction score
I've been on the fence about the camo too. I've never had a camo piece, though, and am wondering how to wear them. Any ideas/examples that I could look to for inspiration?

I'm not sure. I'm probably going to wear them to Penn State football tailgates and for yard work and running errands this fall. I'd like to figure out how to wear them out, but haven't come across any good pics yet.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was not expecting rivet EFF today, but this is great cause my schedules clear! Hopefully some good donegals!

Last edited:

novaeagle

Reaction score
Don't want to miss it on my central time 11:45-12:45 lunch break, any idea what time guys?

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

These are Walt Cammo's but I wear them on weekends paired here with a Doyle jacket .

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Don't want to miss it on my central time 11:45-12:45 lunch break, any idea what time guys?

Was not expecting rivet EFF today, but this is great cause my schedules clear! Hopefully some good donegals!

Working on getting the Rivets online in the next hour or so. I'll post the items here as soon as they're live

That Merino cardigan is really slim - an XL is more like a true size 42

Ah, and sorry about the Alden item being online - it should not have shown on the site, we submitted and closed those orders a few weeks back. The Alden thread guys are very helpful with sizing rec's, but I suspect you'll be a 11.5 in the Plaza. Most guys wear the same size in both Plaza and Aberdeen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads