1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

I think they will. The slubs are quite loose. I wear the same in both.

2. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

do you mind let me know what's your chest size? this is the one thing that I worried the most. I am a 39 chest.

3. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

I believe I'm currently 39 as well. The slubs are big. I wear them very casually with shorts - perfect for hot weekends.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  4. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

EP Walts and loafers.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  6. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

Vittorio jacket today, with a little Frankenstitch in the mix.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. JR Magat

JR Magat Well-Known Member

I will be taking my grey Engineer chambray & Kaihara Redcast chambray to my tailor to get sleeves shortened and length shortened (so i can wear untucked). I asked my tailor about it when I dropped off some pants for hemming & it can be done (was quoted $16/shirt though FWIW; seems a bit high? but he does good work) so i'd just ask your tailor which shouldn't be a problem

I also want to have my tailor convert the grey dot chambray to a short sleeve, and a few older J.Crew button downs I have around; I'll post pics if I do

8. JR Magat

JR Magat Well-Known Member

Awesome! Glad you were able to grab the last one! I'm hoping the new Rivet sizing works better for me too

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

FF two sided Rivets. Might be the single best pair of pants I own...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

So are these not going to be offered in smaller sizes? I thought I missed the jump on the boots and that my size just sold out before I saw them, but these appear to have just posted and I don't see anything in the US size 8 range.

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

EP friends; I request your popular opinion.

Was recently informed that the Burgundy Dress Belt won't be restocked until the fall in the size I need. Is the available equivalent, the EP Casual Color #8/Burgundy in Horween CXL, too unsuited for wear with trousers and suits in an office environment?

[​IMG]
    Dress
    vs
    [​IMG]
    Casual

The width difference doesn't look like it will be large enough to prevent me from wearing it with my various pants. Just wondering about look / adequacy / etc.

Not a rush per se to buy - I'd like to just lump it with a concurrent purchase of the Caramel calfskin dress belt.

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

^ I don't have any issues wearing the casual belts in an office environment. Right now I'm wearing light grey Fresco trousers with an OCBD, tie, and navy blazer, and I'm wearing the casual brown CXL belt from EP and it looks fine IMO. I'm not really a fan of "dressy" belts tho, and I pretty much wear all my casual EP belts with everything except suits. But that's because all my suits have side adjusters and no belt loops :)

13. FLW

FLW Well-Known Member

StyFo people will (needlessly) tear you a new one, but I'll give you $10 if any other man could even tell the difference. The CXL is a bit darker IRL, though.

14. EP Dylan

EP Dylan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would echo this. Honestly, your typical mens dress belt is so horrible that having a decent leather belt of any sort (barring some kind of Brett Michaels buckle) is a dressy upgrade.

The Color #8 belt is markedly less burgundy. Like the shell cordovan it's kind of a burgundy-brown. Makes it less of a match to a true burgundy shoe, but maybe more versatile as it complements brown nicely too.

15. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Well-Known Member

Or get the 40 in stock & shorten? I like the CXL belt myself more versatile.

16. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the opinions and feedback. I appreciate the help.

17. EP Dylan

EP Dylan Well-Known Member

18. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

To add to that I'm returning my Saddle Couro Cromo Tennis Trainer with Gum Sole in 11 if anyone would rather I send to you instead of EP.

19. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Well-Known Member

I wish I knew my size! Damn these wide feet!

1 person likes this.
  20. NewYawker

NewYawker Well-Known Member

@Epaulet - Holy shit Mike!! The shirts came out absolutely amazing! The fabrics are great and the fit is spot on. The BD Club collar is seriously boss. Will consider that for future orders. Really very happy with how these turned out. Thanks for your help in picking out the fabrics and making sizing/option selections. Will try and post some in the wild pics as I wear the shirts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11 people like this.