1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. AnOxymoron

AnOxymoron Well-Known Member

You just gotta buy a measuring tape and get to it, or measure a pair of your best fitting trousers. The Rudy measurements are on the MTO page.

edit: wow, shell cordovan tennis shoes....i didn't think i'd see the day.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  2. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

We'll be happy to help you with sizing - we just need a few measurements from a trouser that fits you well now. Feel free to shoot them over to dylan[at]epauletnewyork.com

And we do Alden preorders about every six weeks. They don't have 15 in a lot of lasts, but 14's are no problem. You can place a deposit on the styles being offered and pre-order any size/width that's possible in that given last. For our trainers, we unfortunately can't offer those sizes presently.

3. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Well-Known Member

For those of us who ordered EFF shirts without detail specifications, when should we expect to see the spreadsheet to fill out our information?

4. dcjohnson

dcjohnson Well-Known Member

I would love to see Alden's unlined chukka on a different last like the plaza.
    I think a lined version would be nice as well.

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Have a great trip! I think I'll be down at the shop on Wednesday, too bad we will miss each other.

6. JR Magat

JR Magat Well-Known Member

@EP Dylan can you or someone post an image of what the New Bond collar looks like? I do not see it on the collar diagram in the MTO.

And hot damn those shell trainers look great! Out of my sneaker budget, but I might jump on a pair of saddle cc trainers if they ever get re-stocked

@Epaulet Have a great time in Europe!

7. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Well-Known Member

What's the approx price point on the shell sneakers? I think I missed that

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

9. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is what I was thinking too. They are size 12 and it seems like the insoles are 11.5 or so. They don't slide right out, they seem glued in pretty good but I may have to consider trying to replace them.

@Epaulet Have you heard of insoles being short in other size 12s of these tennis trainers before?

10. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Well-Known Member

+1 on this.

11. scrolls

scrolls Well-Known Member

@EP Dylan are those FC high sneakers going online soon?

12. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

What do we do for measurements for the Individualized MTO shirts? When I ordered, only fabric purchased was available.

13. Epaulet

Good timing! I just put them up in new arrivals about 10 minutes ago. Working on today's newsletter and then getting on a plane in 2 hours. Trying to keep it real!

[​IMG]

Mad real!

I chose to have all of the insoles be removable, so they shouldn't be glued in at all. I wanted to sell these to guys who are into proper shoes and boots, so it was crucial to have whole-half sizing and also removable insoles for those who take orthotics.

We've sold quite a lot of these since last Summer and this hasn't cropped up anywhere else, but anything's possible. Someone had to place those insoles inside and they may have grabbed the wrong size. Even the best places will make an error from time to time. I'll actually be at the factory this week - let me see if I can bring back a spare set of 12 insoles and we'll see if that does it.

If you don't want to wait though, you can easily change those out for a pair of Dr. Scholls or so. We'll be happy to reimburse you for the cost of those.

I'll set up a google form sheet where you can respond to all of the styling questions. Gimme a day or two and we'll hook that up.

14. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

If you can grab a spare set of 12 insoles that I could put in that would be awesome! Really appreciate that!

Mine are definitely glued down in at least one little spot, but it seems like I'll be able to pull them up easily enough so I don't think that will be a problem. I'll try some other insoles for now maybe, but if you can snag a set of 12s for me that would be fantastic as it's really a great insole...cushy but with that nice leather top sheet, love them.

15. scrolls

Damn those are amazing! I know I asked you before and you recommended taking the same size as Nike Dunks (11.5 for me), but reading the sizing section makes me want to order a 10 (9UK Carminas fit me great). As those are two very different sizes, any advice?

16. canadianhockey3

canadianhockey3 Well-Known Member

@Epaulet

Are you going to be getting restocks of the tennis trainer low in white in the near future? Looking to purchase a pair

17. Epaulet

Thanks!

And whoa, that's a huge difference. What last are you wearing in 9UK?

18. scrolls

Rain last. And that's 11.5US for the Nike Dunks in case that wasn't clear.

19. Epaulet

Hmmm. I haven't worn many Dunks, but I would take a half size over my true dress shoe size. So for me: 8.5 Carmina Rain, 9.5 TTS Dress Shoe and EPLA Trainers, 10 Dunk.

I'm thinking that you probably wear dress shoes more fitted than sneakers, which is pretty common. I'd guess a 10.5 in these just to split the difference a bit.

20. Epaulet

Hopefully in late July, early August.