1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. slack tide

slack tide Well-Known Member

...This shirt is so fucking nice. Would look so clean with your NDG knit - kop it!

I am trying so hard to not buy any winter weight clothes. tough tho!

The charcoal looks so nice...

and i searched this thread for "charcoal flannel" and it was only good comments..

I need some slim british khakis in 28" to stock so i can see what those are all about too...all good reports

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

The Moss is nice, but it looks like it's very close in color to the British Khaki. How close are they in person?

Moss has a significantly stronger green tone than the BK. It's also Japanese fabric vs, the UK fabric, and it's quite a bit softer. It comes from the same mill as the Gunmetal and Golden Khaki.

Anyone own the charcoal flannel and think it might be just a little thick for spring mid atlantic, mid seventy temps? more just for winter? thanks..

Don't let the flannel thing worry you - this shirt is actually pretty lightweight. And it's ridiculously soft. Mid 70's might be a little warm, but here in NYC you could easily wear this until mid May. Not sure how hot it gets where you are.

3. Epaulet

Hey guys,

We're starting to receive some early Spring merchandise soon. I expect to have the following merch in store and online within the next week or so:

Gant Rugger Spring 1
    Gant Michael Bastian (some items)
    Fred Perry Spring 1
    Monitaly (a plaid parka and a sportcoat)

Also, we just received Alden Officer's Indy's in Cigar Shell Cordovan. They're off the chain. Tru-balance last, all metal eyelets, double leather dress sole, handsewn moc toe.

I've got 7.5D through 12D available, and they're $665. I'll put them online this Thursday, but please feel free to drop me a PM if you want to grab a unit before they go up. We received 24 pairs.

Here's a quick pic:
    [​IMG]
    See larger

4. dsoren

dsoren Well-Known Member

Mike - I'm in the lookout for a nice lightweight spring jacket. Something weatherproof and with a hood that won't be super warm, as it's already hot enough down here in Houston. Going to have anything cool for me?

5. Epaulet

Mike - I'm in the lookout for a nice lightweight spring jacket. Something weatherproof and with a hood that won't be super warm, as it's already hot enough down here in Houston. Going to have anything cool for me?

You bet, we'll have three of them within a week. A Gant spring parka in two colors, and a ridiculously slamming Monitaly one.

I've also got an unlined waxed cotton Our Legacy parka set to go up soon. And we'll also bring in technical Nau Spring jackets around the end of Feb.

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

the cigar indys are amazing... wore mine yesterday. i mentioned your new arrivals on the alden thread

7. dsoren

dsoren Well-Known Member

You bet, we'll have three of them within a week. A Gant spring parka in two colors, and a ridiculously slamming Monitaly one.

I've also got an unlined waxed cotton Our Legacy parka set to go up soon. And we'll also bring in technical Nau Spring jackets around the end of Feb.

If you get any of these in but aren't ready to post them up yet, let me know. I'm ready to buy!

Is this the Gant one you are getting?

8. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

lol, i actually lace my indy's like that. am i the only one?

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

lol, i actually lace my indy's like that. am i the only one?

i do the same but i have the speed hook eyelets at the top (mine are from leffot's cigar indys) but basically same way to tie them [​IMG]

10. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

Just got my pair of Smiths in the mail. Definitely similar to my pair of New Standards, but just slightly less slim, which is perfect for me. I especially like the top block. The rise on the NS is a bit too low to wear with a shirt tucked in, but these are perfect. I'm looking forward to breaking them in, setting the creases, and improving the drape.

Now the only question is whether to cuff, or not to cuff.

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/r...84/EP_s003.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/r...84/EP_s006.jpg

Great fit. Definitely cuff, but I think you'd be best with a hem and small cuff as opposed to a double or triple cuff.

11. Epaulet

the cigar indys are amazing... wore mine yesterday. i mentioned your new arrivals on the alden thread

Thanks brah!

If you get any of these in but aren't ready to post them up yet, let me know. I'm ready to buy!

Is this the Gant one you are getting?

Yup, that's the exact jacket - we're getting it in both orange and blue. It's ass kicking. Sure, I'll post up pics and the initial fit once it arrives, should be any day now. We can definitely sell it via paypal invoice or phone order before it goes online.

12. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

Anyone own the charcoal flannel and think it might be just a little thick for spring mid atlantic, mid seventy temps? more just for winter? thanks..

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...harcoal/Detail

Can chime in on this. I have this shirt and love it. It is flannel but for lack of a better descriptor, I would call it "flannel-lite". Great shirt and can definitely be worn in warmer temps than you would think without actually seeing the shirt.

13. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's super soft but it's not thick. I would wear it in 70 degree weather even, provided it was worn as a single layer.

14. PorterInjax

Arrrggghhh! Was lucky and smart (rare for me) enough to nab a pair of the charcoal donegal tweed pants (deadstock I believe). Took them to a new tailor two and a half weeks ago to have them hemmed and they are still too long. Yes I know, better than too short but two and a half weeks to do a frickin' hem? WTF? Will try to find someone else after the blizzard blows through here. I am a very self-indulgent person. If I want something, I want it now damnit. Waiting what will probably end up being close to four weeks to wear a kickass pair of trousers just pisses me off [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. tonio028

Arrrggghhh! Was lucky and smart (rare for me) enough to nab a pair of the charcoal donegal tweed pants (deadstock I believe). Took them to a new tailor two and a half weeks ago to have them hemmed and they are still too long. Yes I know, better than too short but two and a half weeks to do a frickin' hem? WTF? Will try to find someone else after the blizzard blows through here.
    I am a very self-indulgent person. If I want something, I want it now damnit. Waiting what will probably end up being close to four weeks to wear a kickass pair of trousers just pisses me off
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

That sucks. I know the feeling. I took a pair to my regular tailor, but the younger one I go to all the time was busy helping a customer with a MTM suit so one of his old school Italian assistants hooked me up and did them I remember and they ended up with too much of a break (old school style) so I took them back and they brought them up free of charge (I already paid for the first time).

If I were you, I would bring them back to the same to have them bring them up more free of charge before you pay for another tailoring service for the same pair.

16. dsoren

dsoren Well-Known Member

Yup, that's the exact jacket - we're getting it in both orange and blue. It's ass kicking. Sure, I'll post up pics and the initial fit once it arrives, should be any day now. We can definitely sell it via paypal invoice or phone order before it goes online.

You are the man. How much will it be?

17. PorterInjax

That sucks. I know the feeling. I took a pair to my regular tailor, but the younger one I go to all the time was busy helping a customer with a MTM suit so one of his old school Italian assistants hooked me up and did them I remember and they ended up with too much of a break (old school style) so I took them back and they brought them up free of charge (I already paid for the first time).

If I were you, I would bring them back to the same to have them bring them up more free of charge before you pay for another tailoring service for the same pair.

I would but two and a half weeks wait time is not worth saving the $. I may go back there in a day or so and see if they will do it gratis and rush it through. If they won't expedite the alteration I will go elsewhere.

18. tonio028

^ That's what I would try first. Otherwise, I can understand why you would change it up.

19. dinted voice

dinted voice Well-Known Member

Mike,

I see where some shortsleeve madras has gone up (and some sizes sold out!). Any ETA on the long sleeve? I want to make sure I jump on and get them and also how long I have to save since I want to get some lightweight wool trousers as well!.

20. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for posting the pic. The fit's great on you. And cuuuufffff! All the way.
    Cuffz FTW.
    Great fit. Definitely cuff, but I think you'd be best with a hem and small cuff as opposed to a double or triple cuff.
    Thanks for all the feedback, I was definitely leaning towards cuff. I like the idea of hemming, but maybe I'll wait until I give them a soak and get a little shrinkage out of the way first.
    Hey guys, We're starting to receive some early Spring merchandise soon. I expect to have the following merch in store and online within the next week or so: Fred Perry Spring 1
    Question, what spring items can we expect from FP?