• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I appreciate the enthusiasm here, but I just don't get the gi, nor why it's inspiring such lust. :confused:

Personally, I've become a fan of the look you get with a shawl-collared cardigan/jacket left open and unbuttoned. The Kamigata seems to riff on that nicely.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Personally, I've become a fan of the look you get with a shawl-collared cardigan/jacket left open and unbuttoned. The Kamigata seems to riff on that nicely.

agreed

I saw the extra half inch in the chest and got excited. Ordered 2 already.

I've tried both shirts in store, the EPLA oxford shirts fits slightly more snug than the EPNY.

Mike, can you confirm the measurements of the EPLA shirts?

You stated that they are slimmer than the EPNY although the chest measurements suggest otherwise. ie the chest for small is 19.25 in EPLA and 19 in EPNY.

A small EPNY is a bit snug so sizing up to a medium looks to be a big step with a 20.25 chest.

Yes, sorry - that's a bit confusing. The measurements are indeed a touch larger on EPLA, but the shirts have higher armholes and no box pleat in the back. Both of those make a real difference in how the shirt wears, even if they don't impact the usual dimensions.

EPLA shirts definitely fit a bit more snug than EPNY. Most guys will comfortably wear the same in both. People who might be on the edge of a size (ex SVB being between an XS and a S in EPNY) were finding that they can comfortably go up to the next size in EPLA. This is exactly my situation - I'm right between an EPNY Large and XL, and the EPLA XL fits me great.

Denim Walt today. I wish I can wear it more often, but alas denim is only for Fridays :(

Very cool - I really dig this look!

How quickly was the Olive Doyle sold out in size 36? By the time I finally saw the email around noon it was already gone.

We made up more 36's this time around, but I think that there was a lot of leftover demand from the first delivery. We'll have more soon

A kamigata in navy G&L twill would be amazing

Holy moly...I never thought about that. It would look so dope with suiting fabrics.

We're testing the shape out with some new fabrics right now. I doubt that it would work with a suiting cloth, as there's no construction. It might make up to be a floppy mess. But things like Twill and Duck Cavnas would absolutely work, and we can probably swing a tweed or a thick flannel. It would just take finding a wool that's soft enough to wear but heavy enough to drape properly. Actually, something like our Wool-Mink-Cash from last year would work great.

Holy s***. A Kamigata in Wool-Mink-Cash. That's something to think about.

I'm pretty certain there will never come a time that seeing a bulldog doesn't make me smile.

+1000

Question on the Driggs trousers, with their 33" inseam will there be enough to roll/peg them? Note - I normally take a 32" inseam.

I think so. I'm honestly not sure how much you need to peg a trouser, but I feel like an inch or inch & a half would work.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, sorry - that's a bit confusing. The measurements are indeed a touch larger on EPLA, but the shirts have higher armholes and no box pleat in the back. Both of those make a real difference in how the shirt wears, even if they don't impact the usual dimensions.

EPLA shirts definitely fit a bit more snug than EPNY. Most guys will comfortably wear the same in both. People who might be on the edge of a size (ex SVB being between an XS and a S in EPNY) were finding that they can comfortably go up to the next size in EPLA. This is exactly my situation - I'm right between an EPNY Large and XL, and the EPLA XL fits me great.

This confuses me a bit. Is the chest slightly more snug, but the waist larger, since it is not darted?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This confuses me a bit. Is the chest slightly more snug, but the waist larger, since it is not darted?

The chest is more snug and the waist is about the same. The EPLA shirts have the same fit as the western and the engineer, so they have the same straight up and down fit as those.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Based on the engineer shirt I find it's more snug in chest and waist than EPNY. Just slightly slimmer overall in my experience.

kumizi

Reaction score

welp

time to lose 10 lbs

or ill exchange for XL if they're really tight

Last edited:

stmaier

Reaction score

Actually, something like our Wool-Mink-Cash from last year would work great.

Holy s***. A Kamigata in Wool-Mink-Cash. That's something to think about.

How about a Doyle in the Wool-Mink-Cash?

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike

How would you contrast the pale yellow Khyber to the Old Gold cotton cashmere?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Is the chambray Doyle going to be up for order soon?

Yup, next week on that. Here's a photo of the swatch against a navy Doyle too...

Fabric was rolled out and confirmed. This is going to be freaking boss. We'll take the preorders and do up a sample to ensure that the shinkage is okay and everything is good with it. Should be able to deliver within 4-5 weeks after we submit the order.

Mike

How would you contrast the pale yellow Khyber to the Old Gold cotton cashmere?

The fabric is the main difference here. Cotton-Cash has a distinctive feel, it's very soft and wears like a very plush cotton twill. Old Gold is a yellow-ish khaki, and a really great tone. It wouldn't look out of place in a RRL officer chino and could be worn casually and with boots and such.

Pale Yellow Khyber is a very dressy yellow-toned pant. We've actually sold about a dozen of with the MTO program. It makes up into a really dandy piece for warmer weather. Think that classic Southern dandy or Martha's Vineyard trad style. You'd wear this with a navy blazer, penny loafers, tortoise sunglasses, white OCBD, etc. Although you could wear it casually, it lends itself better to dressier looks IMO. It's a perfect shade of yellow which gives you that trad look without the screaming "Go To Hell" tone.

:happy:

I think pretty much anything in the Wool-Mink-Cash I'd support. What a beautiful fabric that stuff is.

How about a Doyle in the Wool-Mink-Cash?

Sold. I'm going to try and source more of that fabric and do samples in both pieces. I think that it works great as an unlined fabric and could be a perfect weight for the Doyle. We could hit a pretty solid price point on that piece too. I bet that we could be around $295 for a Doyle in that.

Are the EPLA polos going to be released soon? I think they were originally slated for the April/May range the last time they were mentioned here.

Still hashing that out, but it's on our list. The next knits on deck are the crewneck sweat and hoodie - which should be here in about 2 weeks. The fabric is a 10oz natural indigo dyed French Terry, which is a good year-round weight, but also lends itself to warmer days.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike,

I am thinking about picking up the Vass Theresianer captoe in the cognac scotchgrain; however, I am not familiar with their lasts. Alden Barrie 8 & Carmina Rain 7.5 = 41.5 in New Peter?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics