1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Well-Known Member

deleted

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  2. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Well-Known Member

+1 on Fair Isle

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

They're an awesome fit on you. Everything looks sharp! Thanks for picking them up.

Sorry about that guys - they were blazing through the sweaters to get them to us before Thanksgiving, and it looks like they left off the caretags from all of the special order pieces. This in no way impacts the lifetime guarantee. They're a family company with a handful of employees, and they'll always recognize their sweaters.

In terms of pulls, you can fix nearly all of them with a crochet hook. Takes a minute and it's very easy. I've done it plenty of times myself on the Heirloom Cardigan:

Fix a sweater with a crochet hook

We sold a few since yesterday, but it was mostly sold out before going online. I try to put every new product onto the site, but these flannels kept getting passed over. We sold most of that inventory in the stores over the past few weeks.

We just received four boxes of Rivets yesterday, so I believe that they're all in. I'm going to personally ship out a ton of them today.

Yes sir! 21 jackets arrived, and we labeled/packed about 15 of them last night. All of them will be picked up and dispatched with UPS today. Should be another 20-30 units arriving today or tomorrow.

Yup, that's one of them!

Good call, I was thinking the same thing actually. That angled formstripe is just a photoshop job, but I agree, the spacing between those dual stitch lines should be consistent

4. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

Mike of the FF jackets will an email be sent if they are being sent to the participating members or should we pretend the Epaulet elves dropped off a wonderful gift??

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

sweet! cannot wait

6. FLW

FLW Well-Known Member

I realize this was a few pages ago, but I would be all :slayer: for an heirloom in either a camel color, or a return of the blackwatch yarn. Now that I have seen the heirloom light, I would gladly go for another...

On a related note, I feel almost (but not quite) as enthusiastic for another fair isle option. I still remember seeing the one Rob has in the sale section and thinking "Nahhhh..."

Mistake.

7. justinkapur

Camel would be amazing right???

8. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Exciting...looking forward to the jackets shipping.

9. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

Gentlemen - I do not post fit pics of myself* and, if I did, I would certainly not start with pics of myself in slim-fitting sweatpants. That said, the heavyweight Reigning Champ sweatpants are AWESOME. I highly recommend. Just got them a couple of hours ago and, to the delight of my dog, took them for an hour-long spin outside. It's about 40 out in NYC but with some wind. These things can easily stand up to significantly colder temperatures. The fit is, as described, slim, but not overly so (I'm pretty averse to super slim fits). The hand is superb and they are incredibly comfortable. Also, I don't think you can find them in stock anywhere else either - at least I tried earlier and couldn't.

* This un-SFworthy attitude owes to a melange of apathy, laziness, and having a very bad cell phone camera with precious little memory. Plus I feel fat. So fat.

1 person likes this.
  10. AloysiusSF

AloysiusSF Well-Known Member

Budapest/Mike - do you know if the heavyweight RC sweat pants are the same fit as the medium weight ones?

11. budapest12

^ I have both. The heavyweights are definitely slimmer in the lower legs if not elsewhere.

12. Epaulet

Haha, thanks for the post and glad that you dig them!

Yes and no. Most people would comfortably wear the same in both. The heavyweight ones have a much stronger taper, while the basic pants have a straight leg. I'd say that the fit in the top block is similar, but the Heavyweights are much slimmer after the knee and end in a ribbed cuff.

If you wear our pants and jeans (Walt, Rivet, Driggs, Wilshire), then you should have no problem wearing the Heavyweight ones. Just buy according to your waist size. If you take a Rudy then they'll still fit, but they'll fit you closely. I don't mind and I love wearing these - but some dudes might.

13. Epaulet

^ Plus you have the track pants! You sir, have a boss sweat pant collection.

14. budapest12

Thank you. A couple of months ago I had NO sweat pant collection. What changed? Kids…

15. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

All this talk of sweatpants has me imagining myself in a pair just lounging comfortably at home reading or whatever. Then the thought of my sister (who married an Englishman and lives in Poole) and brother-in-law laughing at me for being a typical American, who she thinks wear sweatpants everywhere, even when travelling, stops me in my tracks.

16. budapest12

I was hung up on this for a looooong time myself. These are for being at home -- which I am A LOT -- or for walking the dog/running a brief errand without making a big production. This is America dammit. I too will wear sweats. Freedom. (But no, not likely to go meet up with people or catch a flight in sweats.)

17. justinkapur

Tracking received on ff sportcoat. No surprise epaulet elf for me :-(

Very excited for it to come in though

18. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Just don't fly in them. Unacceptable

19. Epaulet

Alden and Carmina Seconds Sale

Hey guys, I've got a small assortment of Alden & Carmina second quality shoes - all at 50% off or more.

Check them out in this thread

1 person likes this.
  20. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member