1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Ironist

Ironist Well-Known Member

Cross post, these donegal latte pants are the shit. Great color IRL, recommended. Oh and thanks for the regram the other day on instagram!

[​IMG]

Love all my Walts but I'll probably have to let go of 2 size 31s rust tweed and pearl flannel that don't fit. Wish there were 32s in stock.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    4 people like this.
  2. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Can't you let them out and they should fit like the 32?

3. metranger8694

metranger8694 Well-Known Member

Thanks too! I'm so obsessive, at work today, I kept thinking about this shirt and should I just buy a new large and have 2. But I think it might prove too big for a true medium like me.....Being a perfectionist has its burdens.

4. Ironist

Ironist Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm just worried the pants legs may be too skinny as they sometimes catch my calves and it doesn't fall straight down. Didn't care until someone pointed it out and now I notice. They might still be passable as a more modern cut but it's definitely as narrow as I could go.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  5. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Haha, good find - I guess that it does look cool with an all-white upper and a red sole. IDK we'll see - there's a lot of leathers and possibilites to play with. I just received a sample in a beautiful calfskin scotchgrain. Like the "Emerson" carmina boots that we ran last year, the leather has the typical pebble grain structure of scotchgrain, but it doesn't have that hard top-finish, so the hand is very soft. Just like the regular calfskin that we run. We'll have a nice assortment of sizes and colors in this. And I'll fit-test these shoes, but I've been getting the same results as with the Tennis Trainer. You should be able to confidently size yourself on a Jack Purcell Low.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm actually pretty open - although what we make would probably be more in the realm of a field jacket. This factory is very talented, but they make high-end mens garments, not really military repro stuff. I think that we can make something very cool, but it wouldn't be a mil-spec piece at all. I'm looking into some lightweight cotton-blend tech fabrics that can make for a good 3-season piece.
    I'd agree with that - most customers will cuff heavier wool trousers (flannel, tweed) while leaving thinner ones with a plain hem. That said, I've seen a lot of guys wear linen pants with cuffs, and it's kind of boss in a very old-school way.
    Agreed - killer watch! I love those Zenith's.
    Great fits!
    Killer! Glad that the shoes found their way to you safely. Thanks again for bearing with us on the crazy-long lead time for those.
    I have to say - the shirt looks pretty cool that way. In the world of "happy accidents," I think that this one is decent!
    You've got seam allowances down each leg too, so it is possible to relax them at the calf too if need be.

6. Epaulet

Reigning Champ Heavyweight Sweat Pants

As promised!!

[​IMG]
    REIGNING CHAMP HEAVYWEIGHT TIGER FLEECE PANT CHARCOAL: $130

[​IMG]
    REIGNING CHAMP HEAVYWEIGHT TIGER FLEECE PANT PACIFIC BLUE: $130

And I've been raving about these for a few weeks. If you live somewhere cold and you dig the look of these, then I promise - you will absolutely love them. They're the warmest sweat pants that I've ever seen, and I've worn them down to the mid 20's in temperature.

The fit is really tapered and a bit directional. For Walt guys, it's going to be very slim at the calf and ever so slightly loose at the top. For Rudy guys, it will still work, but it's going to fit pretty slim all around. Luckily, the fabric is so thick that you can still keep a PG-13 fit in the top block, if you know what I mean.

7. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

8. Epaulet

Thank you sir! You're going to love these.

9. Epaulet

10. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

No more blue fleece pants in medium?..

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

That grey/green is wonderful

12. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

I told myself "no more shopping for yourself until January" then I wake up to my routine of checking EP.. and kopped both flannels.

I am not a strong man.

:embar:

13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

EP Sweater and Brixtons in Cigar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  14. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

New England chambray just arrived and fits same as everything else. Glad I listened to you guys.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    2 people like this.
  15. rydenfan

Wow. Blue was gone by the time I woke up...can't believe how fast those went. Kopped the charcoal but if anyone has a large in the blue and decides not to keep them please hit me up

16. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Wait. You sleep?

17. rydenfan

Not much, lol. But being in a plant at 3:30 in the morning will wipe you out. Shows what happens when I do...

18. Epaulet

Ah sorry - we only received two units of Blue large, and those sold in the shops weeks ago. The grey color is rad too - those are the ones that I grabbed.

The Heavyweight tiger hoodies are the same exact fabric if you want to hook it up and be all....

[​IMG]

Looks great! Glad that it worked so well for you. Thanks for picking it up.

Ah, the late, great Fairisle v-neck. I love that sweater!

Thank you sir! You're going to love them - the fabric is really excellent on these

19. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

I would be down for a MTO run of Grey/Green Flannel Epaulet NY Shirt. Cant believe how fast it sold out.

[​IMG]

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Running Trainer Sample

Got another sneaker sample to show you guys! May I introduce the "Running Trainer"

This will be an all-leather running shoe on an EVA molded sole. Kind of a throwback construction to the old New Balance's. We'll give it the same glove leather liner as the Tennis Trainer. I've tried on the sample and they feel :slayer:

This sample is made up in a triple mix of "Couro Chromo" leather. Not necessarily a colorway that we're ordering, I was just playing around and wanted to see how things would match up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got a specific question for you guys as well. The "formstripe" is that detail piece behind the mudguard. For the sample, we spec'd out that straight diagonal line, but I'm thinking that it would look better with the stitched and angled formstripe of the GAT (as shown in the mockup on the left). Which one do you prefer?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    4 people like this.