1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Racing Green

Racing Green Well-Known Member

Picked up a couple of the original EPLA tees at a frankly ridiculous $20 a pop and they are as lux as anything I've ever seen in a t-shirt. Sized up one from medium to large for anyone tempted.

2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

:slayer:

Luxe, yes definitely, but also sturdy in my experience. Perhaps sturdier than the fabric weight suggests. I've hung sunglasses on the neck often with no ill effects. The tees hold their shape.

From this weekend: Wilshires and crosshatch Kamigata

[​IMG]

I washed the Kamigata and I'm waiting for the wrinkles to wear out... :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. RuleOfRescue

RuleOfRescue Well-Known Member

This, Same exact experience. Sized up to a large as well. Its a great t shirt. My kids were tugging on it all weekend and it was no worse for wear. A bright future for this one.

4. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

Perfect I asked a while back but no response. I'll kop the medium now

5. kicker245

kicker245 Well-Known Member

does anyone here have the black heavyweight chambray? i'm on the fence so i just want to hear your opinion of it

6. vedarcrew

vedarcrew Well-Known Member

I got it last Friday. The chambray is thicker that any normal chambray and has a crisp nature to it. The color is a fantastic dark color and fits me great on a small. I'm 5'8 150lb 37 chest. I normally take a small in epaulet's shirts

7. kicker245

kicker245 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I was worried it might be too tight since the copy says it runs smaller but I'll try my normal EP size

8. Reveille

Reveille Well-Known Member

Mike et al,

If I'm normally a XL/XXL in Epaulet shirts should I go with a L or XL Kamigata?

Thanks!

9. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Well-Known Member

Received a loopwheel T today (and some Carmina trees from the Instagram sale). Feels really nice!

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

XL

1 person likes this.
  11. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Definitely TTS

12. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Bummed out. I put the three remaining XL white t-shirts in my cart this morning. I went back a few hours later and they are all gone. That's what I get for waiting.

13. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

The Kamigatas run just barely larger than TTS in my experience. Haven't yet washed them on hot, which I believe should shrink them a tad. A little scared :)

@Epaulet

I take it no Fairfax denim until spring? (Tried hard to refrain from asking, I swear)

14. Reveille

Reveille Well-Known Member

Thanks!

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Yes, but should be pretty early in Springtime. Fairfax is going to be super-basic, and probably just run in Indigo. But we've got a new factory and the patternwork starting right after the holidays.

The Kamigata's are sized to be worn over a shirt, so that extra bit is intentional. They also look better with a little bit of room IMO. If you wash them on hot without drying them on hot, I don't think that it will shrink them very much, but it will fade the color a bit. Unless you have to, I'd advise against it.

Thanks dude! We'll have loopwheels a-plenty in the Spring.

Definitely the XL. I think that will work great for you.

Yeah, sorry to mislead anyone.

The EPLA Overdyed shirts, Salt Washed Shirts, and the original EPLA Speckle Chambray were all about a size small. Most guys sized up one on those for the correct fit. I have a new factory to run Spring overdye samples, and I'll essentially retag them (call a large a medium) to get it in line with the rest of our collection.

The Epaulet by New England washed shirts (all $110 styles) run a tiny bit smaller, but nearly everyone takes their usual size. If you're right on the edge then you might size up, but that will be the case for very few. You can buy your normal size with confidence, and these are fully pre-shrunk.

Yeah, they were the end of an era! And actually, I was wrong - the factory still exists, they are just no longer making that mil-spec product. Spiewak was acquired by an Italian group last year, and they seem to do most of their production in Canada and China - although I saw a few "fashion" jackets made in the States.

Honestly, I probably won't do those jackets in Canada. The main issue is the price. With a retail of under $400, those were a huge crowd-pleaser, and they were (1) affordable and practical for normal dude, casual customers and (2) special and cool enough for guys who are into clothing - like you guys. We were running nearly 200 a season and selling through almost all of them. With the Canadian production, they'd be more in the $700 range, and that's just more than your typical customer will spend. In terms of hardcore winter coats, I'll probably stick with 3rd party brands like OSC Cross. Their jackets are freaking perfect, and I probably couldn't make them any better.

That said, we're going to work on some Fall outerwear designs. I've got a great new factory in LA that can do great military-style jackets. Looking at doing either a slim fit MA1 or M65 where we use a technical outer fabric and a liner.

So... a lot of times I'm guilty of not listening to the booming voice of reason.

Like when everyone asked for white on white sneakers. And I made a bunch of sneakers that were not that (but they're coming in Feb!)

And for the longest time I ordered a thousand plaid shirts while blue OCBD's would be sold out.

This time, I'm not going to mess it up. You guys want L/S henleys in Union Jersey, and we have officially ordered them! Should be here around 2/15, coming in four colors. Same exact raglan body as the L/S Union jersey, and with the henley collar of the S/S henley. They're going to be perfect.

16. rydenfan

MA1 or M65???? Oh hell yeah!!!

17. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

YES

1 person likes this.
  18. rydenfan

Mike,

Any chance the heavyweight RC sweats can go up? Looking at some house lounge time over the next few weeks

19. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

what he said. I need these.

20. space4lyfe

space4lyfe Well-Known Member

Mike, down for the fall jackets! Also any chance you are bringing back the Gats (maybe the new version?) in white. I need a pair of white sneaks and would rather go with Epaulet than MMM...