1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

This thread needs more photos. I would really like to see some fit pics of the Chesterfield, denim aging, shirts, fit pics for the chino's etc etc.
    I will be getting four pairs of the chino's in the coming weeks (they are en-route via UPS but due to shipping delay, I will be gone on biz for couple of weeks before I get them) and will do my part in posting.

2. sdx

sdx Well-Known Member

Pulled the trigger on some Smiths, can't wait!

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

This thread needs more photos. I would really like to see some fit pics of the Chesterfield, denim aging, shirts, fit pics for the chino's etc etc.
    I will be getting four pairs of the chino's in the coming weeks (they are en-route via UPS but due to shipping delay, I will be gone on biz for couple of weeks before I get them) and will do my part in posting.

If you look through this thread, you should find a number of fit pics for shirts, trousers and chinos.

4. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Well-Known Member

Would it be unwise to get an Epaulet shirt in small and try to shrink it to fit my 34" chest size?

5. thenanyu

thenanyu Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they make xs in some shirts.

6. Local_Disk

That size was sold out for the shirt I want. [​IMG]

7. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

That size was sold out for the shirt I want. [​IMG]

You could try it with one. You could even try having the S tailored down to XS, but it's already darted as is.

8. blynch

blynch Well-Known Member

Would it be unwise to get an Epaulet shirt in small and try to shrink it to fit my 34" chest size?

I lost probably 3/4 of a size out of an epaulet large by hot wash and dry. Worked pretty well and fits about perfect, not sure if I will go with large again and repeat or just start with a medium(afraid it might be a touch small).

With a small there is less fabric to shrink though so you might get half a size out of it?

9. JesseJB

JesseJB Well-Known Member

What are the shipping times for USPS right now? I bet you guys are swamped.

10. jeisurii

jeisurii Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed any sizing issue on the new Kurabo Smiths? I bought a 33 a few weeks back and thought they felt a little off but tried to wear them anyway. Finally got around to measuring and the waist is just over 35". To make sure I wasn't just doing it wrong, I measured my 33 Rivet Chinos I've had about a month and they came out to just under 34".

11. PorterInjax

Double Epaulet. Pair of the older Smith jeans and the Alden Brixton Boot [​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us

12. PorterInjax

Shipping for me has been good except on the last order. Ordered on 12/22 and tracking info shows delivery for 1/4. Holidays and the blizzard....

13. SerialComma

SerialComma Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed any sizing issue on the new Kurabo Smiths? I bought a 33 a few weeks back and thought they felt a little off but tried to wear them anyway. Finally got around to measuring and the waist is just over 35". To make sure I wasn't just doing it wrong, I measured my 33 Rivet Chinos I've had about a month and they came out to just under 34".

I take a size smaller in the Kurabo Smith than I do in the Rivet Chino. A 33 chino fits me perfectly, but the 33 jean was definitely too big. The 32, however, is spot on.

14. racknac

racknac Well-Known Member

Shipping for me has been good except on the last order. Ordered on 12/22 and tracking info shows delivery for 1/4. Holidays and the blizzard....

okay good, I ordered and it shipped on 12/24... but still haven't received it...

15. Local_Disk

Just got my package today after a short wait (I live in NY too, and last week's blizzard was a nightmare, this city did not prepare at all) so I completely understand. On the upside, holy fuck, these gunmetal chinos are seriously the most awesome pants I've ever tried on... [​IMG]

16. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

I think I have the same problem. I take a 31 in J.Crew's 484 and a 29 in APC PS, but the 31 Smiths fit me a bit too large. Hoping to return/exchange them soon.

17. jeisurii

jeisurii Well-Known Member

I take a size smaller in the Kurabo Smith than I do in the Rivet Chino. A 33 chino fits me perfectly, but the 33 jean was definitely too big. The 32, however, is spot on.

I think I have the same problem. I take a 31 in J.Crew's 484 and a 29 in APC PS, but the 31 Smiths fit me a bit too large. Hoping to return/exchange them soon.

I guess next time I'll size down, thanks. Dunno why I didn't just think to exchange them as soon as I received them and thought they were too big.

18. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

did anyone grab the Reed Space x Epaulet grey chinos? trying to decide between them and the gunmetal grey ones

mike do they fit the same? i assume the measurements and specs are identical.

and whatever happened to the second color of those reed space x epaulet?

19. Dman33

Dman33 Member

Like most people posting here, I think I'm becoming addicted to Epaulet. I love the trousers, the shirts are awesome, and the hand written thank you for the mail orders is a real nice personal touch. I got to meet Mike right before Christmas, and it's great to see someone who is as passionate about what they do as Mike is. I think I'll be a customer for a while [​IMG]

However, I do have one question. I picked up a grey V-neck sweater on the 23rd and I just noticed yesterday that the seam under my right armpit is coming undone and there is a little hole there. Is that something that could be fixed if I brought back to store, or is that something my tailor will need to take a look at? Thanks for the help.

20. racknac

racknac Well-Known Member

did anyone grab the Reed Space x Epaulet grey chinos? trying to decide between them and the gunmetal grey ones

mike do they fit the same? i assume the measurements and specs are identical.

and whatever happened to the second color of those reed space x epaulet?

its better to just get both.