1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

Bought both natural and brown belts! Thank God the small waisted folks didnt beat me to it

2. AloysiusSF

AloysiusSF Well-Known Member

Couple questions / comments for Mike or anyone else who might be able to answer:

CXL Belts - I own the Navy and Natty, both are awesome, got them in 34s (I'm a waist 32 or 33). Wear the Natty far more than the Navy, and it has stretched almost a full 1 and 5/8" vs. the Navy (also compared to the Snuff Suede epaulet 34 belt as well for comparison's sake, the Natty CXL is about 2" longer than that belt).

I believe Mike and others noted the stretching is to be expected with CXL leather. Does this mean though that I should be sizing down for these belts to the 32 should I purchase another one (looking at the Brown)? I think I should, but just wanted some feedback from the experts.

Heirloom Cardigan - really, really like this thing, just received shipment (the Navy, it's really very good looking and fits perfectly). It is, however, an itchy sweater these first wears for me, just tried it on with a T-shirt (neck and arms exposed/itchy). Has anyone else experienced this itchiness, is it to be expected, and if so, assume this smooths out over time? Or no?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  3. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

I believe Mike said the heirloom softens with a few wears and won't be itchy.

4. justinkapur

My heirloom was itchy when first tried on. I wore it a few times just to try it on and I felt it wasnt as bad. I think its one of those things that will soften as you wear it.

5. AloysiusSF

AloysiusSF Well-Known Member

Cool - thanks for the feedback guys - figured it would soften/itch less over time, but was def curious to hear from others. Much appreciated!

6. beez

beez Well-Known Member

Did the Gloverall and Shetland sweater today... super happy with both. The duffle sleeves are a bit short for my ape arms, but that's my own genetic problem (and a good excuse to show off a watch)! Great coat, thank you.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Well-Known Member

Ape Arms ftw. I also have this problem with my gloverall. I think they just have short arms across the board. What size is yours?

8. beez

beez Well-Known Member

38 (same size as my sport coats). I am 6', 150 lbs, if that helps. I do M's in most of my epaulet gear.

9. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Well-Known Member

I'm a little concerned about this myself b/c I seem to be more sensitive to itchy wool. I was assuming it would soften but I'm wondering if a wash or two once it arrives wouldn't expedite this? Anyone travel this path with their Heirloom?

10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Purple Shetland tweed Walts

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  11. CPaul

CPaul Well-Known Member

trying to get my first pair of epaulet trousers and thinking of going with the Driggs. Question for you veterans out there, I like the smaller thigh of the 33's but have the waist of a 34. Do I buy the 33's and let the waist out or go with the 34's? Seems like letting the waist out should be easy for a tailor? Does it make the waist look weird?

Thanks,
    Chris

12. gumercindo

gumercindo Well-Known Member

My personal taste is that I'd rather let the waist out than take it in.

13. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Mike's POV and what I've found to be the general consensus is to size up, as it's an easier task for a tailor to keep proportions by taking in.

But everyone has their own preference...

14. justinkapur

Most of the cotton trousers will stretch in the waist. Just my experience. Size down

15. macjedi

macjedi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FF Olive Windowpane … tailor asked if it was Brioni ;)

10 people like this.
  16. bradp

bradp Well-Known Member

17. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

^What he said. That's a really interesting fabric.

18. macjedi

Thanks! Yeah, it's got a lot of different color threads up close … including a kinda sky blue. I wore the Danube marl yesterday with light gray flannels, but didn't take any pics ;). I couldn't be happier with both of these.

19. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Well-Known Member

Looks rock solid with those jeans.

20. macjedi

Thanks! If memory serves, I think I might have emulated your fit from last week ;).