1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm liking these so much I am thinking about picking up the black ones as well.

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

They are that good. I think the shape is even better in person than the pics (and they look great in pics). But the fit really blew me away

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

We sell plenty of commando sole items to guys in SoCal - it just really depends on your style preference. That said, if you do a lot of walking and you don't need the extra grip of the Commando sole, then you might prefer the stock Indy, as it is a good bit lighter.

Ah, we actually have them in stock in the Driggs at the moment - they just keep falling through the cracks when we do our photoshoots. I'll try to get them online this week.

Oh these are definitely grey all of the way. Sorry about the color cast - it's actually really hard to correct a blu-ish grey to a true grey if it's shot in dark enough light.

Highly recommended and Epaulet Approved, I may add. Rob's ties are excellent.

It's going to be close to the XXL Epaulet MTO that you did through Gitman Bros. But once I get a handle on more fabric then we can figure out something that will work better for you.

Yes and No. No to the first iteration of hoodies - done with indigo-dyed french terry.

Yes to an all new hoodie. It will be made in garment-dyed 10oz fleece (same as the track pant) and it has an absolutely rad two-way Talon zipper. We've switched up the fit to make it sharper, narrowed the cuffs, and tweaked the pockets. It will have raglan sleeves rather than the inset sleeves on the first edition. And it has a new price: $95! Those should be here by the end of Nov in 4 or 5 colors.

Speaking of knits, our heavyweight jersey tees and crewneck sweatshirts (also 10oz fleece, $75 for those) will arrive on Friday. I'll be nuts due to the SF event, but they'll go online next week.

Thank you! You're going to absolutely love them. Our sell-throughs in-store have been bonkers, and the feedback has been excellent.

All done, sadly.

You bet - I've got four crewnecks in really awesome colors and two shawl pullovers going live by tomorrow.

Thanks for the pic! The new speckle chambray is quite possibly the best casual shirting fabric that we've ever run. We'll make sure that it comes back in a big way.

4. Epaulet

Recent Fit Pics:

I've been posting up a lot on Instagram, but totally slacking on putting shots on the thread. Here's some recent pics that I've taken. And I'm epaulet on Instagram if you guys are registered on there:

[​IMG]
    Dark Glacier Heirloom Cardigan and Washed Indigo Pique Tee

[​IMG]
    Grey Hardie Cardigan (FW13), Dark Olive EPLA Track Pant, Snuff Tennis Trainers

[​IMG]
    Navy Pique Vittorio, Brown Houndstooth Rudy's, Navy Shell Eddie Greens from Leffot, Croots x Epaulet Briefcase in Green Bridle Leather

[​IMG]
    My casual highland dress outfit: Charcoal Heirloom Cardigan with Whiskey Shell Alden LWB's (Epaulet-made, 2010). Kilt is an MTO piece in 5 yards of district tartan.

1 person likes this.
  5. Badandy

Badandy Well-Known Member

Damn you - just ordered them. First pair of Aldens...

6. aldenfan

aldenfan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  7. heldentenor

heldentenor Well-Known Member

Love it! Is the swatch the same as the jacket but in different lighting?

8. Epaulet

Thank you sir! GREAT choice for your first pair as well. The Indy 403 Chromexcel boot has been the gateway drug for many.

Welcome to the Alden Addiction :devil:

1 person likes this.
  9. Epaulet

Granite Slub Cone Mills Denim Jackets

Hey guys,

A few months back I went to see our fabric guys in LA and I came across a really exceptional deadstock denim. This slubby 100% cotton denim is 14oz in weight and woven at the Cone Mills White Oak plant. We didn't have its year of manufacturer, but they guessed that its been out of production for at least 5 years. Its a very cool pale grey color that we're calling "Granite." It has an excellent texture and a nice sturdy weight.

We cut about 70 pieces in both the Kamigata and the Doyle. I just put them online this evening. It's a really cool and very wearable color, and they've gotten a great response in the shops so far.

One quick note about color. It's somewhat difficult to shoot this and show off the true pale grey tone. I'd say that the Doyle pics are very true overall. The Kamigata pic on the dress form is very close, but the fit shots on Dylan are much more blue than they should be. I tried to correct them, but it was giving Dylan's skin the pallor of the undead. So just consider the Doyle pics for color - as both items are cut from the exact same roll of fabric.

[​IMG]
    Doyle Jacket in Cone Mills Granite Slub Denim: $195

[​IMG]
    Kamigata in Cone Mills Granite Slub Denim: $175

10. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Doyle Insta kopped!

11. scottcw

scottcw Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  12. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

great pickup! That grey is so freaking good

13. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir. Can't wait.

14. aldenfan

Pretty sure those are different fabrics. I believe they are in the same series though. Looks like they have some seasonal, but the page I linked to is a perpetual one they stock.

15. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Oh whistle! Both that Kamaigata and Doyle. And Mike just casually drops them in here, hey there's this denim and I got these made up...

Staring very intently at that Doyle right now.

@Epaulet do the forthcoming tees include l/s henleys?

16. aldenfan

Wish those Doyle's were in larger sizes. Would be an instakop.

17. Epaulet

Yes sir, but not in next week's delivery. L/S Henleys will come in around early Dec.

We successfully punched that henley collar onto the loopwheel body too - so we'll use that construction for our S/S henleys in Spring 2015. I love that inset henley collar!

18. etostano

etostano Well-Known Member

Speckled chambray is killer; let me know also if you figure out a way to get more extended sizes made.

19. etostano

etostano Well-Known Member

same here, but even more for the kamigata!

20. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Well-Known Member

Granite Doyle instakop for me as well to add to my navy and chambray.