1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Bailey hat from several years back:
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

We've got four new ones:

Cognac Calfskin dress glove
    Tan with cream piping driving glove
    Brown and forest green shearling gloves
    A ridiculously luxurious cocoa Peccary glove

Dylan did this buy, so it's pretty freaking elegant. I've got pics - I'll see if I can get them online this week. Warning - I already grabbed a pair of the driving gloves. They are so freaking good.

We've got three pieces - two heavyweight cowhide black jackets by Epaulet x Vanson. And the softest, most buttery horsehide jacket that I've ever felt. That one is Epaulet x Thedi leathers. I'll have them all up this week.

It's pretty cool, they're like polar opposites. The Vanson pieces are crazy thick and murdered out (black hardware, black leather). Very directional. The Thedi jacket has buttons and is completely old school. Vansons will be $845 and $895, Thedi Horsehide is $1395.

3. Epaulet

Thanks for picking them up! Really glad that you dig the cavalry twill so much!

I would definitely say that it's biz-caz appropriate. Back in my Saks days, I would sell Cav Twill pants from Zegna and Ballin like it was nobody's business. It's a very acceptable gentleman's trouser, and like moleskin, it has its roots in military uniforms and hunting wear. I find it really comfortable too. It's not a common fabric, and it's rare to see it done in a slimmer fit - so it's been rad to see the great MTO response that we've received this season.

I think that any of those four colors would work nicely with a navy hopsack jacket. As long as you stay away from navy, dark blue, and black, most colors will jive nicely with with navy coat.

I'd absolutely wear that outfit. It would be very nice with a heavier pair of shoes. CXL or Shell Cordovan Alden shoes or boots would be a brilliant match.

You'll find that cav twill plays nicely with other textured jackets. Hopsack, Tweed, flannel, moleskin. I'd like it with a leather jacket or a thick wool coat too. The only thing that I'd stay away from is a smoother, more dressy sportcoat. But most guys on there aren't wearing things like that with non-matched trousers anyway. You're on the right track!

4. pekingman

pekingman Well-Known Member

Mike - Can you comment on whether there is a difference between the weight of the OTR pearl gray flannel and the MTO option? The text for the OTR Walts mentions "lightweight flannel", which makes me think this might be a different fabric.

5. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

I just ordered both of the caps. Now the hard part of deciding which to keep for myself and which to give to my wife...

6. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Well-Known Member

Mike:

I'd still be interested in seeing some of the FF jackets as they come in, if it isn't too much trouble to post some. It's nice too of course seeing them on customers. What is the current time frame on the jackets that are still being sewn?

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Horsehide leather jacket! And at $1395? Killer price point on that. Eagerly anticipating measurements!!

8. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Super excited because the weather is starting to get cold and this would be perfect

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

I just wore a last EP FF lambswool tatersall a lot like that one @justinkapur and it got a remarkable number of compliments.

10. malwear

malwear Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

All Epaulet

3 people like this.
  11. macjedi

macjedi Well-Known Member

That's gonna be awesome! Looking forward to see you sportin' it!

12. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

Frank thats cause you da man! I cant wait to get it. Grey trousers and knit blue tie?

Thanks man! Me too. I cant wait

13. asaa1000

asaa1000 Well-Known Member

Mike, what will be the warmest winter walts this year? I really liked the mink cash from last year, and I have some tweeds from previous years. As you can expect, when it hits -40, we want the warmest clothing possible.

14. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Mike, the MTO linen walts, are those still avilable, or are they out of stock now?

15. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

Grape Heirloom
    Eggshell Wilshire
    [​IMG]

16. Badandy

Badandy Well-Known Member

Any plans for another run of Innsbruck Indys?

17. Epaulet

You bet! We're planning some Alden preorders in the next few weeks. Definitely Innsbruck LWB's too. Dylan cooked up some more "Innsbruck" concepts too. It's a great makeup time-wise, as the brown CXL is pretty easy for Alden to obtain, so materials are never an issue.

Grape Heirloom
    Eggshell Wilshire
    [​IMG][
    /quote]

Sharp!

Hmm, it's hard to say - I don't really have a handle on what fabrics are still left. Shoot me an email with what you're looking for and we can check. We can certainly make them if the fabric's available.

Moleskin is still the warmest cotton by far. The Steep Twill Garands are also very good. And the tweeds/flannels are the same weight that you know and love.

I've actually got some 14oz fleece Reigning Champ sweatpants to put online. I wore them today when it was 35 degrees in BK. I had a transformative sweat pant experience. I'll get them online shortly.

Very cool! I love that OG flannel shirt. Does it have the old Epaulet label at the collar? That would have been made in midtown Manhattan.

It's so good. It's absolutely stunning. For any leather jacket nerds (like me), you guys will marvel at the single, nearly flawless back piece. Getting that on horsehide is crazy. Between this and the Vansons, I'm going nutzo with leather jacket construction admiration.

Sure thing, I've got some pics to show. I asked the dudes to snap iphone pics before shipping too. Maybe we can work out an Instagram hash tag thing too.

Ah, sorry about that - it shouldn't have said lightweight. These are all the standard-weight lambswool flannels that we run every season. All great for Fall/Winter

18. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Transformative sweatpant experience...LOL

19. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

I'll have what he's having.

1 person likes this.
  20. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Well-Known Member