1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. unclesam099

unclesam099 Well-Known Member

RE: Vests

Will there be an option for a vest w/o lapels? Would prefer it without if possible...

2. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

Sizing question for Mike/people with the Heirloom cardi...

My chest measures a little over 37". OTR jacket size can be either 36 or 37 depending on the fit....somewhat broad shoulders too. Should I go with the small or medium? I want the fit to still be slim. I have the engineer shirt in small and a small flannel from EP last winter. Both of those shirts are very snug but fit fine. If it helps I also have a size small Stark that fits snug but perfectly.

5'-8, 140ish lbs, 37" chest.

Thanks all!

3. chrispy650

chrispy650 Well-Known Member

Prob small. I went with a medium and I'm 5'9" 155lb 38" chest broad shoulders and it fits nicely on me. Not too slim but definitely not loose at all.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Well-Known Member

I think you should try a small. I am 5'9" and around 158" with a 38"-39" chest and 16.5" shoulder, and the small was a little too snug for me. I ended up going with a medium, which is still fitted and doesn't fit that much bigger than the small.

That Stark comment is helpful too. I just received a medium in the Stark, and the sleeves are a little too long but the chest is nice and snug. I've never tried a small in the Stark, but your comments make me think it would be too snug. (Sorry to get off topic Mike.)

1 person likes this.
  5. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Well-Known Member

hmmm now I'm wondering if I should have gone with the Medium on my heirloom pre-order instead of the large. I'm typically either a 38 or 40 suit jacket depending on how it's cut. I apologize if this is poor form (I'm newer to EP so don't have much of theirs to compare to) but, as a couple of reference points, I'm a 38 in the BB Fitz fit and a 40 in the Jcrew ludlow fit. I'm 5'9" and ~165lbs with an athletic-ish build.

My initial thought was that if I was in-between I should choose the larger for this type of item. I'm second guessing that now though and certainly don't want to buy a size that may stretch to a size that's too big.

Thoughts/suggestions?

6. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

Mike has mentioned a few times that the only pattern they have is with Lapels....

7. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

I am a 39" in a jacket and took a Medium.
    I wear almost exactly the same size things you do.
    I am ~175 lbs.
    If you preordered and decide to change, just call the store to change your size before they place the actual order.
    This means call or email ASAP.

8. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Well-Known Member

It sounds like you may be in between sizes. I think the large may fit better initially, but with some stretch the medium may be okay. What's your chest size? You weigh about 8 pounds more than me and are the same height, and I also have an athletic build with a broader chest, so I may be a good comparison. I could have gone with the small (and Mike thought so as well after seeing a fit pic), but in the end it was too snug/tight in the chest for me (and my wife, which is the determining factor). In fact, the medium is still snug on me, but I know it'll stretch out some and should fit pretty good. The small would have needed to stretch quite a bit for my liking, and I just didn't want to rely on a substantial stretch after some wear.

9. kumizi

kumizi Well-Known Member

On the cardigan, my personal observation is it will fit similarly to your Epaulet NY shirt size.

I'm 5'9" 180 with a 42" chest. Epaulet L shirts are very fitted on me. The L cardigan is also very fitted on me. I decided to order another L and stretch it out a bit instead of sizing up. (could stand to lose 10lbs also but that aint happening with the holidays coming up)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  10. stmaier

stmaier Well-Known Member

Mike said they can do up to a 48...did not mention anything about long/short though...

11. FLW

FLW Well-Known Member

How snug do you want the sweater to be? I'm a little bit smaller than you and went with a 38. It fits me like wool Under Armour. It is still comfortable and I can move easily, but it is definitely close-fitting. If you want a little room, which for a big woolly cardigan I don't think is a bad thing, then going large is probably not a problem.

I'd also echo Clemson on the stretch factor. Large will probably fit better out of the box while medium may take some time/stretching to get where you want it.

12. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Well-Known Member

Interesting sizing discussion. I am 5'8" 150 Ibs, 38R, and wear EPNY Med and EPLA Large. Both are pretty snug on me. I ordered a Medium in the heirloom thinking it will be a solid and snug fit. I would size up to Large if I was any bigger.

13. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

Any photos of the Cedar Lavendar Check?

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I'm a bit short on time today (flying out to Portugal in a few hours), but I wanted to give you an update on things:

1) Vests are definitely happening this week. Just waiting on measurements

2) For the sweaters, if you're not sure, the go up a size. We've had a few (very few, actually) return sweaters for being a bit small - and no one returning it for being a bit big. Most guys can really wear one or the other size, and the larger of the two doesn't look that much larger, but the buttons sit better. It really will mold to your body.

3) I hear ya on Walt/Driggs/Rudy Group buys. Not to assault everyone with more preorder stuff, but I'll have a tight assortment of Shetland tweeds that we can offer at $185 in any of the three fits. It will be a quick shot that we can have delivered before Thanksgiving. That's going live this week

4) You will have an instant and unreasonable love affair with the EPLA Knit Track Pant. It works for Walt/Driggs/Rudy/Rivet and Wilshire guys. It's extremely comfortable and really cuts a nice line. The fit photo guy fits nicely into the Driggs and the Wilshire. I'm a solid Rudy 34, and this is a fit photo of me in the Dark Olive size large:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. aldenfan

aldenfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, doesn't sound too hopeful, but I have my fingers crossed hoping they are able to.

16. aldenfan

aldenfan Well-Known Member

Wow, those track pants look awesome. Any chance of an MTO in larger sizes? I'm a 39-40 in a Walt and 38 in most jeans I own.

17. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Well-Known Member

What are the details on that watch? ;)

18. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Long in the vest should be no problem. I'm just waiting to hear if we can do it throughout the whole size range, but 48L is a totally normal size for them to make.

Wish that we could - all of the LA stuff is produced in larger quantities, and they can't do one-offs. A Reigning Champ XL sweat pant would probably fit you very well though. We don't carry them, but other accounts do. I really recommend the heavyweight fleece pant from this season (we'll have it online soon).

I forget the model number - it's a Sinn that's done in a Black DLC coating. I got it off of watchbuys.com a year ago. It came on a metal bracelet, but I'm not thrilled with that. If you pick up a Sinn, I'd recommend saving the money and just getting it on a leather band. I really love it on this Nato.

19. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

20. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your input. Based on your comments, I think the large will be a better fit out of the box but should I be concerned about the large stretching to a point where it's too big in the future?