1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

I'll have to get an outdoor pic of the racing green flannel tomorrow to add to the collection!

2. zennypoo

zennypoo Well-Known Member

@To Tie Guy, any chance of a side by side of Olive herringbone and vs. racing green flannel?

Thanks!

-D

3. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the detailed response.
    Looks like I'll go with the navy fabric.
    Once the measurements are available online, I'll compare them with the vest I own to double-check if the length is a problem.

4. altmana

altmana Well-Known Member

5. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

I want to get in on that pre order for the cardigan but just not sure how much I would wear it

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  6. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

I have a pair of 34 ripstop rivets and 33 duck Walts. Both are too big and I want to try shrinking.

What's the best approach while being gentle in the fabric?

I'm thinking hot water, gentle cycle and no dryer??

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

This is something I'll wear from October (well, now November) to April. Easy for denim, easy for a tie....only thing it wouldn't work with is a SC, but it replaces that for me.

8. malwear

malwear Well-Known Member

Mike, could you also stretch the body of the heirloom? How much extra length do you think you could safely get?

9. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Absolutely - you can easily stretch the body by an inch, inch and a half.

10. bradp

bradp Well-Known Member

Washed navy duck doyle

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Epaulet x Northern Watters Heirloom Sweater Preorder

Hey guys!

The preorder is live. We'll be able to take orders on size 44 and 46 for this custom run too. We've got 24 units of Dark Glacier, 16 of Grape Heather, and 16 of Derby Marl. The Derby photo is from the factory, and shows a different model of sweater. For the sake of this preorder, it will be made in the same Epaulet Heirloom fit (a hell of a lot slimmer than the one pictured) and with our dark horn buttons. Just like the other two colors.

Terms are a $150 deposit, $175 balance before shipping. We have to close the preorder on midnight Wednesday in order to get them in time, as every single piece is made by hand. This will go out in our newsletter on Tuesday, so you guys have first crack at the stock if you want one.

A note for size 34: it's not in their pattern at the moment, so we unfortunately cannot offer it. That said, I've sold a few 36's to guys who regularly take a 34 jacket, and it doesn't look too large on them by any means.

12. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Well-Known Member

Pulled the trigger on the Derby. I LOVE the glacier, but I have a navy cardigan that I think it would be redundant with.

Mike - safe to assume the dark horn buttons that you're pairing with this color wont really stick out like the lighter ones in the pic? A little contrast is fine, but I'm hoping for something that blends better like on the other colors

Thanks

13. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Well-Known Member

In for a Dark Glacier in XL, hoping it fits properly!

14. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Well-Known Member

I will echo what NewYorkIslander said about wearing one for a full 3 seasons, and it's my go to garment when the weather is under 60. I find them remarkably versatile. I literally had to keep track of the last time I wore my shawl collared cardigan last year to make sure I didn't wear it to work multiple times the same week. Pick one up in a versatile color and you wont regret it.

15. NCowardParody

NCowardParody Active Member

The fact you guys are doing this extra run of Heirloom Cardigans is pretty amazing. Thank you. Especially excited you're including the option of larger sizes...

I'm going for a Dark Glacier in size 44 (XXL). Tried the 42 on in-store and while I really love and could totally live with the slim fit, I tend to prefer my cardigans a little chunkier.

Hellz yah.

16. Todd V

Todd V Well-Known Member

So, my wife has the hardie in size 34 and wears it like a robe aroud the house. On me, it's a little long in sleeves and body because I'm not tall. In general it is "bulky."

Do you guys find the heirloom to be less "bulky" than the hardie?

17. Dirty Gurty

Do you mind if I ask what sizes you normally wear? Height, measurements, etc? I thought about going for the 44 but ordered a 42. Wondering if I should change it...

18. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

If it doesn't work you know who to call! :slayer:

19. NCowardParody

NCowardParody Active Member

I don't have my exact measurements but I'm about 5'9" and have a 44" chest and pretty broad shoulders. Stocky / athletic build. I can get away with a 42 in Epaulet NY shirts though they can sometimes feel a little tight. I wear a Doyle in 42 rather comfortably but when it's all buttoned up I can definitely feel a little pressure up top. Does that help?

20. Dirty Gurty

Yeah man, thanks!