• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All right gentleman, also need some help sizing Oscar last.

I wear 8UK in Inca DM (perfect fit) and 8UK in Rain derby (a bit of heel slip but slowly going away). Should I go for 8UK in Oscar Jumpers or 8.5 since it's a boot?

cheers

Last edited:

runningfrog

Reaction score

the grain jumper was my instant purchase...Skoak did a version in the lighter color grain a few months ago...there should be some pics for reference on that site...

don't sleep on this pre-order guys, it's quickly become one of my favorite boots. i have the one from skoak with pretty much the same specs. oscar last, burnished brown scotch grain, commando sole. main difference is the epaulet version will be dark brown.

a few pics:

Simplicio

Reaction score

All right gentleman, also need some help sizing Oscar last.

I wear 8UK in Inca DB (perfect fit) and 8UK in Rain derby (a bit of heel slip but slowly going away). Should I go for 8UK in Oscar Jumpers or 8.5 since it's a boot?

cheers

I don't know if this helps you, but I find the fit to be very similar to the Forest last. I have not worn those other lasts.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And do you wear Forest TTS? I wear Inca and Rain TTS with a bit of slippage in the Rain (potentially could do 1/2 down but haven't tried).

I don't know if this helps you, but I find the fit to be very similar to the Forest last. I have not worn those other lasts.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Simplicio, it helps. I think I'll go for 8UK.

Last edited:

johanm

Reaction score
Sorry for another sizing post, but can anyone speak to the Carmina Oscar last vs. C&J 341, 325, or 314?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a package from EP, conveniently, on my birthday today. Psyched to wear the wool rivets (here in Rust w/ EP blue ocbd). These are amazing pants for the fall, with amazing texture and flecks of brown and orange throughout, and work well for me given the Walt is a bit too slim.

Also ordered the wool RC in Mocha, which are even more impressive in person, but they arrived with an popped seam along the inner thigh of the right leg, so have to get those fixed before wearing them out. Box also contained the Dove microgingham dress shirt (fantastic) and the purple silk knit tie. Will happily be putting together photo submissions for the Fall Fit-pic contest this weekend.

No better present for me this year. :slayer:

Last edited:

neutrino

Reaction score
Congrats El'! Nothing better than some EP for a present. I've indulged myself in this before
shog[1].gif

Also, got the discount from my Carmina preorder. So much stuff I want to use it on
decisions.gif

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Got a package from EP, conveniently, on my birthday today. Psyched to wear the wool rivets (here in Rust w/ EP blue ocbd). These are amazing pants for the fall, with amazing texture and flecks of brown and orange throughout, and work well for me given the Walt is a bit too slim.

Also ordered the wool RC in Mocha, which are even more impressive in person, but they arrived with an popped seam along the inner thigh of the right leg, so have to get those fixed before wearing them out. Box also contained the Dove microgingham dress shirt (fantastic) and the purple silk knit tie. Will happily be putting together photo submissions for the Fall Fit-pic contest this weekend.

No better present for me this year. :slayer:

Happy birthday! Looks sharp!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Do you guys think that scotch grain jumper will make for a solid casual boot to wear with denim and chinos? I understand it's not reaching Alden's level of bulkiness (and it's not intended to), but the shape just looks too sleek to me. I'm very drawn to the grain/commando combo though.

Absolutely, you're going to love the shape of this boot. It's extremely versatile and definitely skewed to the casual side.

Thanks, guys! Just pulled the trigger and it's going to be my first pair of Carminas! I hope the sizing works out fine.
Now, I just noticed the copy mentioned some kind of a discount for group buy, um, buyers... Need to restrain myself from going overboard with that one, ha. Also, I wonder if that can't be applied to the sale section stuff.

Yes, from here on in, all Carmina Group Buy customers will receive a 10% personal discount coupon towards their next order. It can be used on any merchandise which is not another pair of full-price Carmina shoes. It can be used for sale merchandise, and it would be valid on a sale Carmina style.

We just received a box of gorgeous nappa leather driving gloves. These make for quite a steezy gift for the car enthusiast in your life. We'll get them online pronto.

And I had some great meetings today. Let me ask your opinion. We've had a lot of requests for a dress/casual cotton trouser that splits the difference between the Walt and the Rivet Chino. I spec'd out a new pant called the "Driggs." It has the lower rise of the Rivet chino and a slimmer leg than the walt (7.5" leg opening). We'll do it with a button-through coin pocket and a single curtain waistband (softer than the Walt, more like the chino). It will come washed in a nice lightweight british twill and sell for $145. What do you guys think?

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two wool Rivet questions:

1) Do any of you guys who own both the wool Rivets (now on sale) and other fabrics like Duck Canvas find that the wool ones fit a touch large? I own both 32 and 33 in the Ducks, and if the wool ones make up a little on the large side, I could avoid dealing with tailor...esp since the last pair of Rust are in 32...

2) Does the Rust read more reddish brown in natural light, or does it skew towards burgundy?

thnks.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fall Contest Entry #2

EP Moleskin Vest
EP Nightshade Walt's
YellowHook Tie
Alden Ravello LWB

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads