1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. n-domino

n-domino Well-Known Member

^ Aberdeen NST boot in snuff would be great.

2. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Dang, I wish nothing but the best for Matt! So many times I have stepped out of meetings to call him to place orders. :embar::slayer:

3. bradp

bradp Well-Known Member

Mike, in your opinion would side tabs work on the tweed MTO walts, or is the material too heavy so one would constantly need to be pulling them up?

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

I love the side tabs, and I have some pretty heavy pieces with them. It also makes getting dressed in the morning just a bit easier (no belt to think about).

5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Got a chance to swing by the LES shop yesterday for the first time in about 3 years. Some of my sizing has changed since then so it was good to try everything on again. I'm pretty confident in my jacket sizing now so I'll be on the lookout for the next round of Southwick FF, and I'm glad I got to finally check out the Doyle. Walked out of there with the chocolate duck version, I'm sure I'll be getting a ton of wear out of this once the weather starts to cool a little bit.

And congrats and best of luck to Matt! You've been a big help to me since I started buying at EP years ago...I thought maybe you'd be at the shop this weekend but looks like you're already off the clock there! I did get a chance to talk to Dylan for a while, first time I actually got to meet him in person, very cool dude.

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Doyle should a perfect FLA piece

7. macjedi

macjedi Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike! I picked up the last pair of the Size 31 Pale Grey Hopsack :slayer:

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Yeah I should be able to wear it through most of the "winter" here!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  9. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Absolutely - you got some good ones! Really love those handsewn chukkas.

I'm sold on the Aberdeen NST. How would you guys like doing the Innsbruck treatement on that? Could pair gold eyes and a commando sole with (1) Brown Chromexcel and (2) Color 8 shell.

Side tabs work great on tweed and flannel - no worries there.

The only thing that I'd say away from is side tabs on moleskin. That fabric is really thick and difficult to thread through the d-rings. Anything else is fine.

Thanks for coming by!

Nice, thanks for the order and enjoy them!

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

@Epaulet I had been working with Matt on the timeframe for some Driggs MTO I have in process. Best bet to just send an email to the general contact email?

11. aglose

aglose Well-Known Member

@Epaulet
    What's the price on the color 8 Aberdeen? Let me know and I will likely be in to order a pair.

12. Epaulet

What we do now is take a $150 deposit up front. We'll then estimate the final retail (it's hard to quote exactly as Alden changes its prices quickly) and collect the balance when the items actually arrive.

I'll build this out on the site. I've got some other makeups to show you guys soon.

13. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

Mike, any chance of an all eyelet boot in the making? Maybe on Aberdeen or Plaza?

14. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Well-Known Member

Any chance of antique edging on the #8 option? :)

Also - any chance you'd order a size 12.5?

15. Mghart

Mghart Well-Known Member

I would also be interested in a #8 NST with a antique edge.. I would just have to nail my sizing down for that last.

16. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

Does Alden do Aberdeen last with commando sole? Don't see why it couldn't be done but can't think of any examples.

17. Epaulet

Oh, absolutely we'd do a light antique edge on that color 8 makeup. That's my favorite part of color 8 shoes - that great contrast that you can have with the sole.

I would do this one with all eyelets.

That should be fine. Generally they can cut the sole to any last. The bigger issue is the upper pattern. I could be wrong, but for example, it may not be possible to do an Indy boot shape on the Aberdeen or Plaza. When it comes to boots, every design is always patterned for the Barrie, so that last offers the widest breadth of possible uppers.

18. aglose

aglose Well-Known Member

Could we do a little bit taller boot? Closer to the size of a jumper? I'd also prefer a few speed hooks, but if not it's not the end of the world.

19. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Well-Known Member

This boot sounds like its shaping up to be pretty nice. Will definitely be following the site for a shot at one of these pairs. I like the way this new preorder system works.

20. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

To be exact, I can at least recall a plaza indy in ravello done for Frans Boone. Can't remember seeing any on Aberdeen.