1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Damn that black tartan flannel is noice. Would I be a small or xsmall if my shoulders are 17 and chest is 36?

I think that a Small will be right on for you. It's a very true 36R.

Got my double-faced Olive Tartan and I have to say it is one of the best shirts I have ever bought.

For the price, too, it can't be beat. So excited about ordering more from Epaulet.

I was all about Gitman Vintage and Band of Outsiders button downs/oxfords, but I think Epaulet has them beat in cut, price, and style.

I'll still buy the occasional Gitman and BoO, i'm sure, but I'm looking forward to stocking up on Epaulet.

For reference: I wear BoO Medium, Gitman Small, and Epaulet Small.

BoO medium fits me perfectly in cut except that the arms end up a bit wide at the cuff (nothing a tailor can't remedy, but just mentioning). Gitman Vintage fits me perfectly but is a little tight in the neck. Epaulet in the same size as Gitman actually fits me perfectly throughout, no need for a tailor. Love it.

The hand on these double-faced shirts is incredible.

Thanks so much - really glad that you're so pleased with it!

2. delakingois

delakingois Well-Known Member

So, regarding pant size... At my belly button I'm just over 27 inches around, and at the hips it's a little less than 33.

Can someone who owns a pair offer advice?

Please?

3. benjamin831

benjamin831 Well-Known Member

Got my double-faced Olive Tartan and I have to say it is one of the best shirts I have ever bought. For the price, too, it can't be beat. So excited about ordering more from Epaulet. I was all about Gitman Vintage and Band of Outsiders button downs/oxfords, but I think Epaulet has them beat in cut, price, and style. I'll still buy the occasional Gitman and BoO, i'm sure, but I'm looking forward to stocking up on Epaulet. For reference: I wear BoO Medium, Gitman Small, and Epaulet Small. BoO medium fits me perfectly in cut except that the arms end up a bit wide at the cuff (nothing a tailor can't remedy, but just mentioning). Gitman Vintage fits me perfectly but is a little tight in the neck. Epaulet in the same size as Gitman actually fits me perfectly throughout, no need for a tailor. Love it. The hand on these double-faced shirts is incredible.
    What are the buttons like on that shirt? Also, is it darted?

4. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

Please?

Sounds like you'll need a 29 and may have to get it tailored. Are you talking trousers or chinos?

5. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

What are the buttons like on that shirt?

Also, is it darted?

If I'm not mistaken, all Epaulet shirts are darted.

6. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Any house-brand overdye shirts in the pipeline? Or at least, under consideration?

7. Epaulet

Please?

Whoops, sorry for the late response. What size do you typically wear in jeans (something like Levis?)

8. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

Whats the shrinkage like on those SF corduroy shirts? Since I had the bad experience with my flannel shrinking an entire size or more I always have to ask these questions [​IMG]

9. uhavenokliu

uhavenokliu Active Member

WOO at last my tweed fetish will be satisfied. Picked up a pair of the steel lodens and then highlands, cannot wait!!!

10. delakingois

Whoops, sorry for the late response. What size do you typically wear in jeans (something like Levis?)

28 in APC, which I believe equals 30 in most other brands.

11. Racove

Racove Well-Known Member

Are you planning a restock of the Alden natural chromexcel longwings? I think I missed getting a size 9.5 by hours...

ditto, but need 8.5's

12. Epaulet

Whats the shrinkage like on those SF corduroy shirts? Since I had the bad experience with my flannel shrinking an entire size or more I always have to ask these questions [​IMG]

Minimal to none, but as with all our shirts, we advise washing in cold water and hang dyring.

WOO at last my tweed fetish will be satisfied. Picked up a pair of the steel lodens and then highlands, cannot wait!!!

Thank you sir!

28 in APC, which I believe equals 30 in most other brands.

Yup, a 30 in the Smith should be a good fit for you. There's almost no stretching in the waist, so you don't have to size down.

Any house-brand overdye shirts in the pipeline? Or at least, under consideration?

Not at the moment, but we're definitely considering that for the Spring. It would probably be in the EP's Chambray style, as the good dye houses are mostly in LA.

But give me a few weeks - we've got an awesome new shirt project going live in early December. You guys are really going to dig it!

Are you planning a restock of the Alden natural chromexcel longwings? I think I missed getting a size 9.5 by hours...

Oh man, I'm sorry about that. We've had a ton of interest in those and the Brixton boot in Ravello. I'm going to reorder them next week and put them up for preorder on our website - with delivery planned for Jun-Aug '11.

13. delakingois

^Smith? I was talking about the pants. [​IMG]

14. Epaulet

^Smith? I was talking about the pants. [​IMG]
    Oh yes, you'd also be a 30 in Epaulet trousers. And it's easy to have the waist and seat perfectly tailored to you if needed too.

15. delakingois

Oh yes, you'd also be a 30 in Epaulet trousers. And it's easy to have the waist and seat perfectly tailored to you if needed too.

Thank you! I think I'll wait until the Steel Lodens come back before ordering though, can't afford extra shipping/taxes. (Because they will be re-stocked, right?)

16. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Well-Known Member

I got my sz 29 British Khaki chinos yesterday. It's by far the best chino ice ever seen or worn. My only thing is that I'm a 29.5" waist, and there's a bit of room in the waist and thigh, the knee below are fine, mostly because I have huge calves. I'm gonna wash them this week and see how much they shrink. They should fit perfect after going through the dryer, then I can go get them hemmed. But I'm really impressed. The construction is top notch and it feels great.

17. samsterdam

samsterdam Well-Known Member

Mike, check your service email account. [​IMG]

18. Epaulet

Thank you! I think I'll wait until the Steel Lodens come back before ordering though, can't afford extra shipping/taxes. (Because they will be re-stocked, right?)

Oh man, I wish that they were - that last run was all deadstock fabrics. I think we're down to the last 2 or so units in Steel-Loden. But I'm heading back for another tweed hunt this Friday, and I'll let you guys know if I come up with anything.

I got my sz 29 British Khaki chinos yesterday. It's by far the best chino ice ever seen or worn. My only thing is that I'm a 29.5" waist, and there's a bit of room in the waist and thigh, the knee below are fine, mostly because I have huge calves. I'm gonna wash them this week and see how much they shrink. They should fit perfect after going through the dryer, then I can go get them hemmed. But I'm really impressed. The construction is top notch and it feels great.

Thanks so much!

Mike, check your service email account. [​IMG]

Got you back, sorry for the delay on that. We'll get your chinos sorted. [​IMG]

19. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

Kitted out in Epaulet today; wearing the blue OCBD I received last week along with an Epaulet tie that was given to me for my birthday. Crappy iphone pic shows fantastic fit, as usual:

[​IMG]

20. drbaw

drbaw Well-Known Member

I'm heading back for another tweed hunt this Friday, and I'll let you guys know if I come up with anything.

[​IMG]