1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. samsterdam

samsterdam Well-Known Member

After initially gushing over the birdseye and houndstooth, I ended up pulling the trigger on the steel-loden. Bet I end up nabbing at least one of the other two anyway. [​IMG]

2. drbaw

drbaw Well-Known Member

Mike: Stop making so many pairs of pants for fat people. Us anorexics need stylish trousers too. [​IMG]

3. APK

APK Well-Known Member

I should probably remove SF from my bookmarks if I'm ever going to successfully save money to move out East. You're killing me, Mike! Don't hurt 'em, Hammer!

4. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

now that I snagged my XS, I'll mention that it appears that the Black Tartan Flannel shirt is now online and it looks fantastic.

5. enigma77

enigma77 Well-Known Member

The new shirts are great. I stopped into the Brooklyn store the other night and they are legion.

Didn't buy any though -- I was in for the Ravello boots, and they are amazing. So glad I picked up a pair.

6. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

Just grabbed the Steel Lodens

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

WTF? Where did the size 28 birdseye go??? [​IMG]

My bad, our stock on 28's for this delivery was really tight. But we've always got more coming down the road.

After initially gushing over the birdseye and houndstooth, I ended up pulling the trigger on the steel-loden. Bet I end up nabbing at least one of the other two anyway. [​IMG]

Thank you sir!

now that I snagged my XS, I'll mention that it appears that the Black Tartan Flannel shirt is now online and it looks fantastic.

Oh man, I knew that was going to be your style. I see some flannel-flossing on Abbot Kinney in your future!

The new shirts are great. I stopped into the Brooklyn store the other night and they are legion.

Didn't buy any though -- I was in for the Ravello boots, and they are amazing. So glad I picked up a pair.

Thanks man, always a pleasure to see you!

Just grabbed the Steel Lodens

Cheers brah. Enjoy them!

8. user7

user7 Well-Known Member

I assume you have the new Walt's to check out in the new LES store, and not just bk?

My bad, our stock on 28's for this delivery was really tight. But we've always got more coming down the road.

Thank you sir!

Oh man, I knew that was going to be your style. I see some flannel-flossing on Abbot Kinney in your future!

Thanks man, always a pleasure to see you!

Cheers brah. Enjoy them!

9. acularw

acularw Well-Known Member

Are you planning a restock of the Alden natural chromexcel longwings? I think I missed getting a size 9.5 by hours...

10. benjamin831

benjamin831 Well-Known Member

Got my first Gitman Vintage shirt today. The quality is really there; thick sturdy material, neat stitching, and good quality chalk buttons.

The fit is good but the bottom flares out like hell. I really like the shirt but I'm not too sure how I should go about fixing it. I don't want to taper it because my tailor wouldn't be able to replicate the chainstitching on the side seams.

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

Got my first Gitman Vintage shirt today. The quality is really there; thick sturdy material, neat stitching, and good quality chalk buttons. The fit is good but the buttom flares out like hell. I really like the shirt but I'm not too sure how I should go about fixing it. I don't want to taper it because my tailor wouldn't be able to replicate the chainstitching on the side seams.
    What do you mean by button flaring?

12. colins

colins Well-Known Member

The fit is good but the bottom flares out like hell.

ftfy

13. Vaitek

Vaitek Well-Known Member

[​IMG] xpost from the Alden thread. I got these from Epaulet and am very happy with them.

14. benjamin831

benjamin831 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by button flaring?

Sorry, I meant to say the bottom flares out, i.e. the shirt tail

ftfy

Thanks!

15. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

xpost from the Alden thread. I got these from Epaulet and am very happy with them.

Sweet! [​IMG]

16. Epaulet

xpost from the Alden thread. I got these from Epaulet and am very happy with them.

Dude! Sometimes the classics are the best!

17. Epaulet

18. ubc121

ubc121 Well-Known Member

Damn that black tartan flannel is noice. Would I be a small or xsmall if my shoulders are 17 and chest is 36?

19. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

i would say small. im a 36 chest and get everything in small from epaulet but have no idea about shoulders

20. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

Got my double-faced Olive Tartan and I have to say it is one of the best shirts I have ever bought.

For the price, too, it can't be beat. So excited about ordering more from Epaulet.

I was all about Gitman Vintage and Band of Outsiders button downs/oxfords, but I think Epaulet has them beat in cut, price, and style.

I'll still buy the occasional Gitman and BoO, i'm sure, but I'm looking forward to stocking up on Epaulet.

For reference: I wear BoO Medium, Gitman Small, and Epaulet Small.

BoO medium fits me perfectly in cut except that the arms end up a bit wide at the cuff (nothing a tailor can't remedy, but just mentioning). Gitman Vintage fits me perfectly but is a little tight in the neck. Epaulet in the same size as Gitman actually fits me perfectly throughout, no need for a tailor. Love it.

The hand on these double-faced shirts is incredible.