1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Well-Known Member

No perfect match, but a great option to have. Will head over there when back in NYC.

2. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

EP Alden Alt Wien's today
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

Looking good, Don.

4. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Well-Known Member

Got my Epaulet x Carmina Cooper suede chukkhas and am wearing them around. The site recommends sizing down one and a half sizes from UK, but I played it safe and sized down just one size since my left foot is a little bigger than my right. These are some of the most comfortable shoes I've had, for my left foot as well. I was a little worried about slip at first, but they seem to fit really well. I think if I had gone down another half size my toes might not all fit on the sole. I've heard that these hand sewn ones stretch, though, is there a danger that the shoes might stretch from a good fit to too loose of a fit? If so, is there a way to prevent this?

5. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

Can you describe the ripstop fabric?

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Here is Mike's description. Far more eloquent than I could be.

The airy feel of these chinos belies how truly tough they are. Woven in the USA, the 100% cotton fabric will deliver years of solid wear. It's vitality is ensured by the graph-paper pattern of reinforced stitches that run throughout the fabric. This ripstop construction, as it's called, safeguards the fabric from tearing wildly by having a series of intersecting heavy-duty double stitches. Although these are easily worn casually because of this feature, we really like them paired with classic trad pieces like button-down oxfords, long wings, and navy blazers.

I would add that they are super light weight and breathable but a tough material with a cool subtle pattern.
    http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/bottoms/products/rivet-chino-chocolate-ripstop

7. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

Golden steep twill to go along with the Ravello today.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

@Epaulet - Is it possible to order the MTO duck canvas chinos in the Rudy fit? I like my Rivet Chinos but would love something with a higher rise and a bit more space in my thighs.

9. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

About to grab a pair in desert camo. My second purchase based on your rec. Still not sure on all the diff Epaulet pant fits (Wilshire, Rudy, Driggs, Walt, Rivet).

Also, curious if the midknight silk knit tie can be worn interchangeably with the navy wool knit tie. I like the darker navy, but curious if it's worth it to go for the silk. Wonder which looks sharper. If anyone can chime in, I'd appreciate it.

10. rydenfan

To be the best of my knowledge...

Wilshire = Jeans (cut is similar to Rivet)
    Rivet = lowest rise and pretty straight at the leg (most casual cut)
    Walt = higher rise than Rivet with a bit more slim leg
    Rudy = Walt rise with wider thighs
    Driggs = new cut that was just released within the last few months. I believe the rise is similar to the Rivet but has a much more slim/tapered leg.

1 person likes this.
  11. aldenfan

aldenfan Well-Known Member

Aren't the Driggs supposed to have a higher rise than the rivets?

12. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

Driggs rise increases as waist size increases

^this is incorrect. Driggs has a static 11'' rise

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  13. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

Driggs is somewhere in between the Walt and Rivet rise....I don't notice a huge difference between the Walt and Driggs rise...

14. rydenfan

You are probably correct. I was going off the top of my head and just know that the rise is not as high as the Walts. Driggs is the only cut I don't own yet so I am not as familiar. That being said I plan to own a fair deal of Driggs moving forward considering I taper all my current EP pants.

15. aldenfan

aldenfan Well-Known Member

Oh right, I think that's what I am forgetting. I think for some smaller sizes the rivet and the driggs rise are the same but as your size in driggs goes up, the rise increases making them closer to the Walt rise. Does that sound right?

16. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

My mistake. I confused the Driggs rise with the Rivets rise. Driggs/Rudy/Walt are all static rise wise, Rivet increases with waist size. But yea, Driggs is 1.5'' lower than Walt.

17. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Hey guys!

Sorry for being missing in action over the past few days. We've been hashing out the new website and putting the finishing touches on all the merchandise drops in July.

I come bearing photos! First off, we visited Gitman Brothers a few weeks back to say hello and work on some new production items for Fall. Here's some development shots

We'll have two new collars - a banded collar (like "Her") and a hidden buttondown:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up, is our new shape for Fall - the simulated popover. It's actually a full-button placket.

[​IMG]

And... may I present a glass-button Western shape:

[​IMG]

We'll do some OTR pieces with these features, but the rad thing is that all of this will be available for MTO. We'll have both the existing Gitman fabrics and a selection of our own piece goods - mostly flannels and Japanese streaky chambrays. They'll be a lot of opportunities to play with this.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  18. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Here's a couple of photos from the factory...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, that evening we had the pleasure of meeting bkotsko and his wife for dinner. They were game for indulging our mild obsession with Red Lobster and their "Cheddar Bay" biscuits.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. rydenfan

Looking good, Mike! Certainly can see some very cool MTO's

Any chance we can get the rip stop Driggs off the ground? Would be great to receive before end of summer

20. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

^^I'm going to be a condescending a** and wonder aloud what the Red Lobster patron thinks of #epauletstyle.