1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Excellent - thanks so much for your order!

They're the same exact fabrics. The MTO versions are a bit more expensive due to the single order upcharge. They're really phenomenal.

Well, I'd personally advise against machine washing linen trousers. It's true that you can do it, but I can't really predict the shrinkage. To be safe, order them 2" longer than your preferred inseam - or just order them unfinished, and then wash them. They shouldn't change too much in the body, but they could shrink a lot in the length.

All that said, I'd suggest sticking with dry-cleaning on linen trousers. They breathe well, so unless you spill something on them, usually a good airing out is enough before the next wear. I dry clean my linen pants maybe 2 or 3 times a season. If you wash them, you'll have a lot of ironing and/or steaming ahead of you.

Nope, just drop us an email and we'll authorize that return and refund. Thanks for trying them. The Walt might do the trick for you - it has a substantially higher rise.

Yes, I've been thinking about that. I locked down some special fabric for the Doyle jacket. I'm thinking that we can run it as a limited SF-thread edition with genuine mother-of-pearl buttons and at a great price. And we can throw in something cool beyond that too. I can scan the swatch tomorrow - it's a heavyweight 10oz Cone Chambray that's really freaking killer. We have enough to make around 55 jackets, and the turnaround would be fast - about 4 weeks after the order closes.

2. scb

scb Well-Known Member

got my gitman MTO shirts. awesome stuff. thanks

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Wow! Sounds awesome. Would love to see some pics of the fabric whenever possible. I know you have been slammed with all this new stuff plus a newborn...

4. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

Any limits on size range?

5. Ironist

Ironist Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of the Walt trousers on a short guy? I'm 5'4" and I'm just trying to figure whether to go for Walt or Driggs MTO. I think the rivets fit me nicely but I think it would be nicer if it was just a little higher. Thanks!

6. Gingahbman

Gingahbman Well-Known Member

:slayer:

Btw, I just got my navy camos, beyond steazy. Good looks as usual! And speaking of steazy... the EPLA engineer shirt has easily become my favorite heavyweight shirt. It always gets tons of compliments and I'll probably double it up as a lightweight jacket in the spring.

I don't get a chance to post as much as I used to on Styleforum, but I always find myself lurking in this thread from time to time, dreaming of the day I finally see Corduroy Tweed has made its triumphant return (Hopefully as a rivet chino :D!)

Keep up the great work guys (and gal) and for anyone hesitant on pulling the trigger on their first Epaulet piece, trust me, you won't regret it.

7. member2000r

member2000r Well-Known Member

I would appreciate if Epaulet will have wind breaker... most on the market now are either ugly or expensive

8. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Epaulet: what is the difference between the Walt Pale Grey Hopsack and the special order pale grey hopsack (is one lighter/darker)? or are they the same?

9. trig

trig Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's the same. But it allows for Rudy and Driggs as well as customization.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  10. MaxK

MaxK Well-Known Member

Hell yes. That sounds amazing.

11. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

Mike, will you ever stock the LBM 1911 jackets in long sizes? I've been looking for a casual, unstructured jacket for several years and I've had to revert to wearing cardigans because i can't find one in my size (40L).

12. nycxandy

nycxandy Well-Known Member

Go back seven posts prior to yours?

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Nope - this has actually been asked a few times over the course of the last month or so.

1 person likes this.
  14. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

Is there a chance you'd ever allow for pocket customization with Rivet special orders (e.g. patch/jean-like pockets, flap pockets, etc.)?

1 person likes this.
  15. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

answered.

16. OlafG

OlafG Well-Known Member

I think they addressed this a few pages back and the answer was it wasn't going to happen due to the required volume. I might be wrong, but I seem to remember something along those lines.

17. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

No, I won't.

That said, I may have another option for you. Matt & I designed a lightweight sportcoat that's going to be made here in Los Angeles. Same basic fit as the doyle, with patch & flap pockets, 3-roll-2 front. It's designed to be garment-washed and made in cotton or textured wools.

Now, it's not going to have the tailoring details of LBM 1911. But it's going to be around $195 and fit perfectly in line with everything that we make. I can't promise that we can offer longs in the early days, but there's clearly a lot of demand for such an item, so it's worth me investing in some patternwork to create a long shape. We can then cut that as a single unit on demand. The upcharge will probably be substantial as we have to produce and wash a single piece (essentially running it through our sample house), but it will be possible to do, and the retail is still going to be less than half of L.B.M. 1911. Let me develop that further - maybe we can even run 6-8 units of Longs as stock so that we have it with the launch.

Very cool, I think that this is the ticket. I'll have confirmation if we have the fabric on Monday and I'll put everything into a package for you guys.

^^ Totally correct. They're the same fabric.

Good call. We won't have anything for this season, but we're working on something special for the Summer to Fall transition time.

Awesome - thanks for posting and glad that you're so pleased with everything!

Go for the Walt, we have plenty of customers around your height who wear them very well. It all really comes down to your preference, so if you feel that you'd like a slightly higher rise than the Rivets, then this will be perfect for you.

Nope. Our pattern is scaled out to a 46, but we can work with you for a larger size than that too.

Yup, I'll get that scanned and shot ASAP. We'll have the confirmation on how much we'll have on Monday.

Great - glad that you're pleased with them! Thanks again to everyone who ordered this first round, I know that the lead time was pretty long. We've got everything going smoothly now, so any future orders should be exactly in that 4-6 week window. We're also controlling all of these first shirts to ensure that all of the details are correct. As we submit more shirts and the team at Gitman is more and more familiar with our specs, then we'll start drop-shipping direct to you guys, which will slice another 3-5 days off the turnaround.

18. hooker4186

hooker4186 Well-Known Member

Whoa. This sounds incredible. Are there Doyles in stock in any of the NYC Metro shops that I could try on?

19. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

Hey Mike,
    1) Any leather pieces on the horizon?
    2) Is it an error or do you still have the black parka in 38?

20. monologuist

monologuist Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip..if I stuck to dry cleaning the linen, would I just order the length "true to size" then?