1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Irish

Irish Well-Known Member

Damn those look good. I hope the cashmere pique looks that good--I was napping on the regular navy. Any pics of that cash windopane? I'm really interested to see how that turned out.

2. zinc2162

zinc2162 Well-Known Member

Really like that walnut color!!!

3. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

Pardon my ignorance: so Walts are done with creases whatever the fabric, but Driggs not?

4. N E B

N E B Active Member

Really liked the Wilshires I tried on in the store. The fit works great for me! Just curious about how much the denim will stretch if at all. Likewise the G&L rivets look great too, but I'm just curious about how much they'd shrink in the wash. Thanks!

5. chrisbkreme

chrisbkreme Well-Known Member

Got the Doyle last Friday and been wearing it everyday since. I love it so much I would consider getting another in a different color. Perfect spring jacket. I use it as a sweater replacement and wear the collar turned up so it doesn't look like a shirt, and leave the button and top two buttons un done. Excuse the poor quality mirror shots, just wanted to post some fit pics. [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  6. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Is your flannel underneath from JCrew two Christmases ago? I believe I have the same one.

7. chrisbkreme

Yes Jcrew but from this winter, probably the same haha

8. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

One of my favorite FF trousers. With that said, I can't wait until the next round!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Actually, these days we specify side-to-side pressing (no crease) for all cotton trousers. All the new cotton Walts will be made this way. Most guys prefer that.

Excellent! We've found that the denim stretches about a full inch in the waist, so you want to buy it fitted in the beginning. It should be tighter than you'd like, but not so tight that you cannot sit down comfortably. And the legs should feel generally good, as the thighs will break in a bit, but won't really stretch. Most flexing for denim happens at the waist and seat.

G&L Rivets shouldn't shrink at all in the wash save for about a half inch in the length. Overall quality chino twills pretty much stay the same. They'll stretch out a bit with a LOT of wear, but nothing like denim. And you'll want to keep them out of a dryer to preserve the color.

Excellent - thanks for picking it up and glad that you dig it so much! We're definitely working on a bunch of Doyle variants to keep the excitement going. And Matt's going to give you some major props for the Caran D'Ache pen

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. ascher07

ascher07 Well-Known Member

A few pages back, I believe you mentioned a camp moc coming soon. I may be just one man, but I would be on that with a quickness.

Also, do you plan on making a MTO load out for the wool pants as well, or is that a cotton only club? Thanks! Keep up the great work.

11. chrisbkreme

Excellent - thanks for picking it up and glad that you dig it so much! We're definitely working on a bunch of Doyle variants to keep the excitement going. And Matt's going to give you some major props for the Caran D'Ache pen[/quote]

Haha yeah, love the jacket and the pen.

12. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Blue windowpane Walts in sale section.

Rainy day hence the beater footwear :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    3 people like this.
  13. kwanon

kwanon Well-Known Member

Question about the EPLA tees. Those are garment dyed, right? So does it stand to reason that I could buy a white one and dye it myself to some color of my preference? Descriptions says the enzyme wash seals in the dye, so maybe that will stymie my DIY attempt.

14. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

taking another shot at the elusive blazer/denim combo. shirt sleeves are a little long but I expect them to shrink a bit still.

[​IMG]
    Epaulet navy hopsack blazer​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. macjedi

macjedi Well-Known Member

Nice SVB! Details on the shirt … EP or other? I like the scale of the gingham and the collar. Looks great!

16. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

Any ETA or details on the next Doyle fabrics? I'd love to pick one up but already have a couple jackets in olive and navy duck.

17. Epaulet

We're going to bring in a few special edition Doyles in the next 6 weeks or so. The ones arriving in the next week will be more of the initially launched Navy & Olive.

Yup, they are garment dyed, but re-dyeing a white shirt shouldn't be a problem at all. The enzyme wash "sealing" just means that the dye isn't going to bleed.

Yup, looking into a camp moc at the moment, although I think the first thing that we'll release after the sneakers is going to be a handsewn penny loafer

Got a whole page of lightweight wools and more cottons & linens - I'm finishing up everything today

18. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Mike,

has Carmina given you any updated timing on the saddle shell chukkas? I know shell is scarce so there may be no timing but just figured I would ask...

19. Epaulet

Distressed Western Shirt

Hey guys,

I'm rolling out a lot of product today. Here's the first new item - the long awaited Distressed Western shirt. This piece is absolutely freaking perfect. It's a pretty heavyweight piece as well, so it's great for this transition weather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    EPLA Western Shirt Hand-Distressed Indigo Denim: $150

For any of you guys who already own the Western or Engineer shirt, this is the same exact denim, just distressed, and the fit is the same.

2 people like this.
  20. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Mike when you have a second (hah!) could you remind me/us what those special ed. fabrics are going to be?