• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
For me, it's the perfect storm for a black cafe racer. The fit is right on and the length is nice without being too cropped. The Icelandic cowhide takes a bit of breaking in, but will pay off with great, long-lasting wear. It's made in the US, the price is solid, and we consistently get great feedback on it. If you like the look of it, then I think you'll really dig it in person.

This jacket looks great and has been on my radar for a while now, but I'm curious-- how were you guys able to make it so (relatively) inexpensive?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Westerns look nice. Would love to try on a white one.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm giving some serious thought to the cafe race jacket too....anybody who has one care to comment on leather quality, fit, etc? Any real world fit pics? I need to find that one go-to jacket for this fall/winter as I currently have zero that actually fit me right now (recently lost some weight). I haven't had a leather jacket in almost 10 years I don't think.

Oh, and is there an internal pocket on this jacket or just the two zip handwarmer pockets?

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
was just about to post the same thing, i'd like to see it on someone who's not modeling it. i'm just worried it's not going to fit as slim as i'd like it to and venture into dad fit territory. is there any way i can get a waist / bottom hem measurement on it? for example, i've got a (cheap) leather jacket that measures ~19.75 p2p and tapers down to around 17 at the waist. it looks ******* awesome unzipped and i think that it fits me really well but i can't zip it up without it looking like a sausage casing. it works, but is just a touch too small (plus the PO was a smoker and it smells kinda funny). based on this, the small sounds like it would fit better, but then the shoulder measurement seems really small. ****** photo booth pictures ahoy
20aeau9.jpg
2d0jksk.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
This jacket looks great and has been on my radar for a while now, but I'm curious-- how were you guys able to make it so (relatively) inexpensive?

Well, we didn't actually make it. Schott produces these and we buy it from them. It's totally their design - we didn't take any part in it.

We just sell the hell out of them and we've got a good relationship with Schott, so I generally get stock immediately after they roll off the line.

When dealing with real heritage workwear/motorcycle companies like Schott, Vanson, and Thorogood, it's entirely possible to get a really solid piece at a surprisingly low price. They don't have the advertising and R&D budget of the usual "fashion" brand, so they can put more money into the product itself. In many cases, their core customers simply won't pay as much as the usual boutique customer, so their pricing is kept very conservative. When you match this cost-effective production with a killer design, you can make a piece like this for a great retail price.

The leather is tough and will age beautifully, but it doesn't have the same soft hand as an Italian calfskin or lambskin - which generally costs more. This thing is stiff and takes quite a bit of breaking in. It won't appeal to the Hugo Boss guy who wants a leather coat that's instantly soft and comfortable. But our customers love it for its raw nature.

And, for different styling, we're going to stock their new Slim Perfecto jacket for the Fall too. Same leather, same fit, and around the same price. I'll have these early Sept. Although I'm not a great fit model, for reference, I'm wearing a Large in this pic.

4846797854_4164858bde.jpg

View Larger

Originally Posted by ahjota
Westerns look nice. Would love to try on a white one.

I knew that was going to be your steez! I'm going to wear the hell out of the white one.

Originally Posted by slide13
I'm giving some serious thought to the cafe race jacket too....anybody who has one care to comment on leather quality, fit, etc? Any real world fit pics? I need to find that one go-to jacket for this fall/winter as I currently have zero that actually fit me right now (recently lost some weight). I haven't had a leather jacket in almost 10 years I don't think.

Oh, and is there an internal pocket on this jacket or just the two zip handwarmer pockets?

Yes, it's got one internal chest pocket. You can see a lot of fit pics in our EP's denim shoot. This was casually shot on our friend, who isn't a model. The jacket isn't pinned or anything.

http://epsdenim.com/gallery.html

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Digi Camo fit pics as promised. This is worn by our employee Dylan, and they're a size 33:

They're paired with:

Epaulet L/S Buttondown Chambray (going live early this week)
Tanner Unfinished belt
Alden for Epaulet "Two-Stroke" Indy Boot

4846755716_383ebf56e3.jpg

View Larger

4846756158_947afaf8c1.jpg

View Larger

4846757254_b838462317.jpg

View Larger

4846139159_65721fb86a.jpg

View Larger

4846137565_a219d98a08.jpg

View Larger

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
How are you guys with returns? If i were to get a small and it was too small, could i exchange it for a medium pretty easily?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whereismyshoe
How are you guys with returns? If i were to get a small and it was too small, could i exchange it for a medium pretty easily?

Absolutely. And we also offer a 14-day refund policy (14 days after you receive the item) for all SF members. So you can return it for a full refund if you don't like the overall style.

For a lot of guys, they can wear one of two sizes. Go with the smaller one if you want something really slim to wear over a shirt. Go with the bigger one if you want to layer a sweater under it and wear the jacket through the early winter.

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
Absolutely. And we also offer a 14-day refund policy (14 days after you receive the item) for all SF members. So you can return it for a full refund if you don't like the overall style.

For a lot of guys, they can wear one of two sizes. Go with the smaller one if you want something really slim to wear over a shirt. Go with the bigger one if you want to layer a sweater under it and wear the jacket through the early winter.

Very nice, i'll probably get the smaller one. Thanks for the help!

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whereismyshoe

I would just like to vouch for Epaulet's awesome return service. I had exchanged for a smaller size, and Mike maintained great communication throughout the return process, so no worries.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, what happened to the cream floral shirt you had? Last I checked a while ago you still had a full size run...

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Mike, what happened to the cream floral shirt you had? Last I checked a while ago you still had a full size run...
I was wondering the same thing a few days back...
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Mike, whatever happened to the creme floral "true romantic" button-up shirt?
Sorry Keith, that guy is sold out. But I'm getting new patterns in shortly. Hoping to carry the Fred Perry x Liberty of London line too, but I'm just waiting on availability.
frown.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You all slept too long. Those joints dropped when I was still wearing a coat and gloves.

Got the Rudie hat on Friday and it's become an instant favorite. I've never been a non-winter hat guy, with my few brushes with hats being of the baseball cap variety. It's incredible what something so left-of-center (for where I live) can do for an otherwise stagnant summer fit. I passed through J. Crew yesterday and the SA was quick to say, "Ooo, I like you're hat...It's very J. Crew." That'd pass as an insult around here, but out in the real world, I guess that's a pretty strong compliment.

I'll try to get some "fit" pics up this week, but like I said, it's already become one of my favorite clothing possessions.

70gransport

Reaction score
PK, yeah that Rudie hat is pretty tight. I've to keep my eyes peeled to see if Mike will be putting out ones for the fall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads