• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted in WAYWT, but thought I'd post a fit in this thread for some more fit pics of the rivet chinos. Mike - I'm absolutely loving these, nice work yet again.

100_3923.jpg

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Posted in WAYWT, but thought I'd post a fit in this thread for some more fit pics of the rivet chinos. Mike - I'm absolutely loving these, nice work yet again.

100_3923.jpg

Those fit great! Man, I might have to check out a pair.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sized down from 33 to 32 in the 1st round of smiths on eps recomendation. Should I make the same adjustment on the white oak ?

KBW

Reaction score
I SOOO want to KOP a pair of those camos. If they are still available when the purple overdye comes in I'm buying them

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahah yep. i have had that same thought too. caused me to miss out on the japanese madras shirt this summer.

if I would have just thought it through, would have realized there was no reason to wait lol.

i am so pyched to get the OD. should get them this week, i think.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Would appreciate some feedback on the fit of the Rivet chinos. I'm guessing TTS works and I should probably get a 32 but figured I would leave my sizing if it might help. J. Crew 32 works well, WvG in a 32 is a bit tight in the waist, RRL officer chino in a 31 fits perfect after a little stretch thanks.

ps Mike, I'm sending a PM your way.

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
Would appreciate some feedback on the fit of the Rivet chinos. I'm guessing TTS works and I should probably get a 32 but figured I would leave my sizing if it might help. J. Crew 32 works well, WvG in a 32 is a bit tight in the waist, RRL officer chino in a 31 fits perfect after a little stretch thanks.

I'm a jcrew 31(classic), 32(urban slim) and wear a 33 in the rivet chinos. Size chart is accurate so measure a pair of pants if you are unsure.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
I'm a jcrew 31(classic), 32(urban slim) and wear a 33 in the rivet chinos. Size chart is accurate so measure a pair of pants if you are unsure.

this type of gauge is really gonna vary based on individual specs. for instance, I am a 29 in j crew classic AND a 29 in the rivet chinos.

I highly suggest just going off the actual measurements on the website.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028

100_3923.jpg

Thanks Tonio - those are a great fit on you!

Originally Posted by eglbc
I sized down from 33 to 32 in the 1st round of smiths on eps recomendation. Should I make the same adjustment on the white oak ?

No, we corrected the waist sizing, so you can go with a TTS 33. They'll have a nice fit around the waistband, and they will barely stretch at all with wear.

Originally Posted by KBW
I SOOO want to KOP a pair of those camos. If they are still available when the purple overdye comes in I'm buying them

Awesome, those two will go great together. We've got good stock on the Camos, as that fabric is still actively produced. The new Gitman overdyes should be here any day and I'll post them up as soon as they arrive.

Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis
ahah yep. i have had that same thought too. caused me to miss out on the japanese madras shirt this summer.

if I would have just thought it through, would have realized there was no reason to wait lol.

i am so pyched to get the OD. should get them this week, i think.

Thanks! The OD has been the best seller so far, and it really made up wonderfully. Let me know what you think when it arrives.

Originally Posted by Blog Marley

I'm thinking that a 32 would be on point. J.Crew chinos run fairly TTS, so they're a pretty reliable guide.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here's two random Fall pieces that I'm really excited for:

4836171052_027030e48d.jpg

View Larger
Garbstore Parka
This jacket has incredible details. We'll get it around late September, and it will be about $450. Check out the striped Japanese Ishigare wool lining the placket!

4835560917_661e258d9e.jpg

View Larger
Yuketen Loden Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer
We've got just six pieces coming, and they'll be about $750. I can't wait for these! They're made in the USA, and Yuketen is one of the only shoe companies on Earth that makes up pieces in Loden Horween shell.

70gransport

Reaction score
Just thought I'd post up, as I recieved the olive drab chinos today and they are pretty cool. As they're my only well fitting pair of chinos I see a lot of wear in the future. Frankly if you like the color green, like chinos, have a strong need or want, I wouldn't sleep on these. Epaulet never disappoints. Thanks guys!
smile.gif

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got my British khaki chinos today. Can't believe I waited this long to pick up a pair. They look fantastic with the Epaulet Japanese madras button-down and beeswax DBs.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my OD chinos. They are so amazing.

The ripstop is almost imperceptible until you see them up super close. They are my favorite pair I think - with the khaki either tied or close behind. The Navy are nice too, but they attract dust and stuff like it's their job.

OD is simply amazing. Great stuff. Thank you epaulet!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads