1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the orders guys - I'm glad that you were able to find a few things in the sample sale! We've got some more pieces - like one-off leather jackets - set to go live next week.

And on the Madras Tux jacket, I'd agree on the lapels - I would have preferred a peak lapel on that too.

Honestly we have no idea where it came from. We didn't order it. Southwick doesn't have a record of sending it to us. It just arrived one day and they told us that it was for Epaulet, but for no stated purpose. It's made in our fit though, and it's certainly a unique one-off piece! I'd match it with a really light pair of cotton trousers or even our upcoming white jeans. Kind of like "go to hell" formalwear.

3 people like this.
  2. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Just bought 10 whole chickens from Costco, be back later, Frank. Mandatory chest day at the gym today. Will be a 40R by Sunday night to buy jacket.

3 people like this.
  3. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

My tailor took an Epaulet Napoli from a 40 to 38. Can post pics if helpful to anyone.

2 people like this.
  4. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

I became a huge LBM 1911 SC fan because of this sale. It's actually been a couple months now but I initially got the navy herringbone blazer on sale and loved it so much I bought the grey one a few days. You will love the grey one. It's a great casual piece. I've had to have the sleeves shortened but the fit is superb. Enjoy.

5. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

^ Yeah, and I think you got a way better sale price than I did. I don't regret what I paid for it but you will appreciate what value you're getting for what you paid.

6. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Expensive? Normally messing with shoulders is pricey

7. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

My tailor is expensive in general (eg 35 to hem, 35 to take in waist) so it's all relative. The jacket alterations were 200....so IMO yes, expensive.

But he didn't touch the shoulders as the shoulder size isn't huge between 38-40. He did have to open up the back and...well, I honestly don't remember what else he said he did :(

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  8. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Wow 35 to hem/waist? I understand he might be amazing but damn... My tailor is like 1/3 or 1/4 that.

9. brp2

brp2 Well-Known Member

The gif exchange above -- on both sides -- is pretty fantastic.

1 person likes this.
  10. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I've got some photos to show you:

First off, one of our good friends and customers was kind enough to model the OD Oxford sample. He wears an Epaulet Medium perfectly. This sample is about 0.75" too tight in the chest and around 1/3" inch too small in the shoulders, but we'll compensate for that in production.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up are some shots of our upcoming Samuelsohn jacket fabrics. These three will be in-stock styles:

[​IMG]
    I wish that I took a shot of the sample of this fabric made up. It was so freaking boss. It's SCREAMING for the White Wilshire jean and some tassel loafers.

[​IMG]
    Classic guncheck, will be very italiano with the Bernard shape

[​IMG]
    Whisper-light silk and linen blend. If you enlarge the image you can see the small nubs that run throughout the weave

And last, we're putting the finishing touches on our Epaulet x Gitman MTO shirting program. Here's a sample shirt that we had made up to test the system. It has the cutaway collar, MOP buttons, and "FTW" embroidery. You know how we do it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  11. aldenwear

aldenwear Well-Known Member

that is pretty funny. And pretty true.

12. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

I don't disagree, it's a lot. But Toronto seems to be limited when it comes to quality tailors and he does a great job. It's just annoying to drop a bunch on Epaulet hauls and then not get the most out of them.

13. TM79

TM79 Well-Known Member

That guncheck Samuelsohn looks amazing.

14. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

overdye looks bangin, looks good w/o the darts, def pick up a couple

15. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

+1,000

16. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

It's KZO. 'Reactor' cardigan, SS10 or 11? I should know, I have one just like it. Got it from Epaulet, too. :)

17. dongzy

dongzy Active Member

Was the 25%off code end?

18. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Today

Edit: looks like it ended :(

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  19. nayr1982

nayr1982 Well-Known Member

Can't believe the veneto moleskin is still around. Pick one up a few weeks ago in nyc and very happy with the decision. Great coat and lots of compliments...

20. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Rad, thanks for the info. It's pretty awesome, all the more so now that it's completely unobtainable. :laugh:

Also, I picked up the duck rivet chinos in leaf for no apparent reason. :embar: