1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

2. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

Snooze you lose. I hesitated and now they are gone

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  3. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Well-Known Member

For those that get their rivets tapered on the bottom. Do you usually start from the knee? Should the width of the pants where you roll the cuff be the same to keep it cleaner?

I guess, what I am asking.....what direction to you give the tailors when tapering your rivets?

1 person likes this.
  4. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Nothing convinces you that you need something like seeing it sold out on the internet [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Nothing reassures you more that you bought the right item last night than seeing it sold out this morning. ;) super pumped for mocha wool rivets.

6. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

True Dat

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  7. onehotchili

onehotchili Well-Known Member

I am totally bummed, but perhaps my loss is someone else's gain. I recently picked up a pair of the Alden Burnished Calfskin Captoe boots. I've been a 9D in Trubalance and Barrie (Shoe) lasts so I figured the size 9D boots would be fine. 2 days ago I laced them up, and went to my office. Literally just before I stepped in my garage, I thought... hmmm, these feel kinda "snug". Well after wearing them for the day in my office... I figured out they are just a tad too small. Especially because I was wearing thinner socks and my plan is to wear them with thicker socks as my goto winter boot. Anyhow, I just posted them up in Marketplace if anyone is interested. They could pass for brand new...

In the meantime, with all the new stuff on sale and on the horizon, I think I am definitely be going broke before my christmas shopping has even started for my wife and family :)

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the orders guys - we're going to be busy packing all weekend!

Quick heads-up, we'll launch the Fall Fit Contest on Monday and let it run through early December. So you'll have the Thanksgiving holiday to grab some time and take the best fit photo of your life! We'll kick it all off soon.

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that. While I'm sure that they'll flip quickly at that price, you might consider bringing them by a cobbler. The boot is calfskin and it can be stretched a bit. As long as the length isn't too short, a good cobbler can make it wider/taller to give you a larger fit.

Thank you so much for your understanding, and I'm glad that we could sort that out for you so quickly.

Awesome! Love how much wear you're getting out of those boots

Just to note - the Carmina sale shoes are selling hysterically fast. If any NY-area guys are serious about getting a pair in the store, then I'd advise buying them online and choosing "Store Pickup"

9. scb

scb Well-Known Member

I would if I was sure about sizing. I need to try some on in store to see if sizing up a half is an ok substitute for no wide sizes

10. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Sandy Orange or Russet? Anyone buy trousers in either color and can offer an opinion?

11. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Well-Known Member

I think overall the Russet will be more versatile than the orange and I can see it being worn with a greater variety of things. That's not to say that you can't pair the Sandy Orange with anything. I think it's a terrific color and would look great with navy, loden green, or brown. I think if your going for versatility, maybe go with the Russet but if you want to try something new, go with Sandy Orange.

Or you can be like me and just buy both :p

12. neutrino

I keep going between the marked down washed caramel smith jean and the standard caramel RC. Does anyone have any advice?

13. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Sort of depends on your style. The 5-pocket Smith version is more casual, and also a little "tougher" since the felled rear seam (no allowance) makes the seat more durable. I was actually pondering the same thing, but the 33.5 inseam sort of kills it for me, since I'd really like to roll them, and I need at least 35" to do that.

If you wear chinos/Rivets a lot, Smith is a nice subtle change. If you wear denim a lot, go w/ the Rivet.

14. neutrino

Makes sense, thanks. Meanwhile grabbed a navy and an olive overdyes. Should fill a gap of solid-colored shirts a bit.

15. kwanon

kwanon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mocha lambswool flannels. I tried but I just can't get these photos to look as good as the pants do IRL. They're a very rich color. Maybe not quite as dark as the website photo but close. I just looked and I see they're almost sold out of stock sizes.

16. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the mocha flannels. They look great.

17. haiglarsen

haiglarsen Well-Known Member

I had the same experience with those boots, even after having them professionally stretched they were still a little too small in the wrong way. Plenty of other Barrie lasted shoes of mine fit fine, but these ones just didn't work. Anyway, I was able to sell them on Marketplace within a day, so you're bound to flip them quickly.

18. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

Mind telling me where the loafers are from? Oak Street? Thanks.

19. kwanon

kwanon Well-Known Member

Rancourt natural CXL. Love em, but have no basis of comparison to Oak Street, Quoddy, etc.
    Planning to get #8 shell/dainite beefrolls from Rancourt when funds allow.
    Would actually rather #8 shell shortwings but haven't come across a pair that I like. The only ones I've really seen are Aldens, but whenever I've seen Aldens in person I don't like them. That's probably akin to blasphemy around here...

20. brp2

brp2 Well-Known Member

Not blasphemy at all -- just means more for the rest of us. Those pants are fantastic, though.