1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Mike and crew, thanks

2 people like this.
  2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I love the idea of the Incotex-style chinos, but if they're lower rise and slimmer than Rivets, it would probably be pretty tough for me to fit into them. I already have to get Rivets sized up to 36 and then taken in 2" in the waist in order to fit my thighs. And depending on the material sometimes that's still too tight for me.

In other news, it was chilly enough outside today for me to break out some tweed. Here's my custom order olive marl Harris Tweed jacket (complete with goat suede elbow patches) from 2011, my first special order piece from Epaulet. Also wearing my western print EP belt and grey herringbone windowpane FF trousers:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    7 people like this.
  3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Um details? Those are absolutely stunning.

Come to think of it, any rise much lower than RC's might be a little bit of a challenge for me.

And that's a great fit on that jacket. Enjoy tweed season!

4. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Well-Known Member

Carmina (sinclair) from epaulet.

5. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Jacket is sick

6. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Well-Known Member

FF sport coat from a couple rounds ago.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Wow. Never seen those in the wild. Beautiful boot.

And talk about sick jackets: @Mr. Six..,

8. johanm

johanm Well-Known Member

I like Incotex but much prefer the Rivet fit, i.e. with the higher rise and sensible amount of taper. I have many trousers from all the high end Italian makes but always reach for my Rivets. Also I don't know if I'm in the minority on this, but lighter weights are a turn off for me. Prefer a minimum of 11-12oz in cotton, preferably with a soft brushed finish (as opposed to a hard canvas finish).

Fwiw, people who like Incotex and lighter weights should check out Yoox, ehaberdasher, etc. (The nice heavier weight models never go on sale :devil:)

9. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Well-Known Member

Thanks!

10. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Shirt looks fantastic, though I'm not super drawn to denim shirts since I wear jeans so much. Will it be offered in another fabric (heavy chambray, sanded canvas) at some point? Just curious.

Thanks for Work Jacket update. Bummed it's not until Jan but at least now I can plan for it.

Those chinos sound great but not really my jam, though I'd guess you could move them at that price for sure. I echo the sentiment that I don't really need/want lighter weight pants. My life is such is that if it's really warm, I just wear shorts. (Or 7oz Rivets!)

Questions:

-Sorry if this has been asked/answered but are the t-shirts going to be mid weight, heavy, or what? Black/white/gray to start, or a wider range? Actually really stoked on these as many of the options that might seem good in the market are pretty forgettable.

-+1 on the hoody question. Is that a thing that's happening, or not for now?

Keep it up dudes. You're crushing.

11. Todd V

Todd V Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a southwick sportcoat in a short or an xtra short, ideally in the 36-38 size range? Would you measure the length of the jacket for me? I'm trying to get some real world measurements vs the size chart and whether I should stay with XS or go S on
    my next jacket.

Thanks!

12. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

I'd be up for Incochinos, though I'd try them in-store since my Rivets look a little odd in the front (something which sadly isn't fixed by sizing up)

13. beez

beez Well-Known Member

Mike - YES to the chinos with lower rise and slimmer legs. I think this would be a great commercial option for you and from a selfish perspective something in which I'd frequently invest!

14. altmana

altmana Well-Known Member

Instead of the Incochinos, I'd personally vote for more of a rugged heavy duty EPLA style pant. Something in the vein of the duck canvas, esp. the DWR canvas.

To me there is more room for expansion in that segment of the pants, as opposed to something that falls between the rivet and walt. Just my vote/opinion.

1 person likes this.
  15. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

So the navy shawl collar fisherman in M sells out while I'm away from computer, and the crewneck while I'm asleep. [​IMG]

16. runningfrog

runningfrog Well-Known Member

i'd be interested in picking up at least one pair of these to test the fit. slimmer in the leg sounds good. i think a half inch reduction in the leg opening would be ideal and not too skinny.

i may taper some of my rivets to test this out. i've already tapered all of my walts so they essentially match the rivet fit in the legs.

sounds like a perfect product for EPLA. it doesn't get much colder in the bay area, so i have very few winter weight trousers.

17. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

I'm all for trying the new chino line if that means more fabrics to choose from [​IMG]

18. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

I'm not a core constituent, but not having a strong basis for saying something shouldn't keep me from saying it anyway.

I like the idea of a slimmer leg opening than what's currently on the RCs. I'm certainly not opposed to the idea of a lower rise, but too short of a rise can make the pants look awkward when worn with a tucked-in shirt. This tends to hold particularly true for taller guys wearing lower waist sizes, which tend to have relatively lower rises compared to bigger sizes.

If you're tweaking chino details, have you considered offsetting the coin pocket from the waistband? It makes it much more functional and easier to access coins the coins you're trying to dig out while running toward the subway turnstile as you hear the train you want to catch approach the platform if the opening of the pocket isn't flush against the waistband and potentially covered by the bottom of your belt.

Also, button fly. Always button fly.

19. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Looking sharp!

Awesome, that piece is a great fit on you

Thank you!

No, it's undarted. We used the side seams on the EPLA shirts to give a similar overall fit without darts.

Absolutely, I'm working on a few concepts now. We can really make any kind of hoodie here. Any specific features that you guys would like to see in the first one?

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback guys! Here's things from my side:

Garment Washed Chinos

I hear you guys on the fit. After talking to some in-store customers we're going to sample it with the same rise as the RC and just a slightly slimmer leg after the knee. We'll give it a felled seam in the back (no seam allowance) to keep the price down and differentiate it from the RC a bit.

I'd say that most people like the button fly, so we can go with that. And notwithit brings up an interesting point about the coin pocket. We can make this one a bit more prominent by doing a "framed" besom pocket, like this:

[​IMG]

We'd make it larger and deeper so that you can actually keep cards in there.

In terms of the fabric.. thanks for the feedback on weights. We could easily do heavier weight cottons in this as well - it's no problem to offer twills in the 10oz range. The main difference here is that these will be garment dyed. The whole garment is made up in a neutral color and then dyed and washed. The same process as L.B.M. 1911 and Incotex. The resulting cloth is very soft and has a natural slightly distressed effect. So it won't have the stiffness of the Rivet Chino, but softer and washed is going to be a common thread (whoa, see what I did there!) of the EPLA line. We're going to wash everything.

And the rad thing about garment dyed: we can really do any color that we like. And we can do things like natural indigo and organic dyes.

The Denim shirt is our new made in LA block, so that can really be anything. We're going to introduce it in this dark heavy Japanese denim. We'll certainly do it in chambray and flannel. Definitely a washed down and distressed denim. Maybe an overdye. We can do all kinds of pocket shapes on it. I'm planning to use this shape for much of our casual shirting in the future.

And for the t-shirts, we've got five colors to start: off-white, charcoal, navy, plum, and olive. I'd say mid-weight for them. The hand on these is going to be really soft, and I'm going for more of a luxe vibe than an Americana one. They'll be more refined than rugged. We'll have crewnecks and v-necks to start, both without pockets.

1 person likes this.