1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

New arrivals are looking good so far....are the Shetland tweeds significantly heavier than the UK tweeds that you posted previews for a while back? Or am I just confused and they're actually the same thing? I'll be on the lookout for the Rudy preorder...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  2. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Haha, I thought that Sandy Orange would be up your alley!

It's pretty thick, although it's unlined through most of the trouser. To be comfortable, you'll want it to be below 65 degrees outside. It's about 62 in Santa Monica right now and I could wear these outside without overheating.

Ah, they're the same thing - Dylan just named them Shetland Tweeds. They're the same weight as the Navy/Grey/Ironwood/Ivy Marl Donegal Tweeds. Not too heavy.

3. FLW

FLW Well-Known Member

Russet tweed gets my nomination for sleeper hit of the season. Didn't really notice it at first, now my runaway favorite. You guys round up flat-out amazing fabrics.

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

That makes sense. I'm definitely digging the grey and olive tree herringbone. It's still 80 during the day here, but it's starting to get cooler in the morning and evening so I should be able to put these into rotation soon. Debating now if I want to wait until the Vass GMTO goes up so I can use that 15% off :)

5. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

As much as I love the Sandy, not sure I could pull that off. The Russet might be the one.

Those Mocha Flannels are Aces as well

Great lineup Mike, well done!

6. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to be good, but Nightshade is still calling my name. I may have to stop by SM on Saturday to see it!

Ducks today. I think this was probably the quickest selling piece from the first batch. The hype was real!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

Just received my Nightshades today. They are sick.

Mike- what are your top picks for the new Walts?

Also just to clarify the new Tweeds aren't going to be as itchy as the Shetlands you ran last year,mcorrect?

Does the Aubergine appear more purple? The pics make it seem more of a Navy tone.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  8. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

I do not know why I want to grab a pair of the superfine charcoal birdseye.

I mean, I have a pair of the last charcoal birdseye you guys ran a few years ago. They look almost identical.

But still, I want another pair.

9. Simplicio

Simplicio Well-Known Member

Love the trousers. I will resist pestering you with PMs, but we need Rudy options. Soon.

10. Epaulet

Awesome, glad that you like the Nightshades!

For the new Walts, my favorites are Aubergine Twill (where else do you find a dark purple pant?), Olive-Brown Herringbone, and Sandy Orange Tweed. Olive-Brown is beautiful and very wearable. Sandy Orange is just totally nuts. Wear that with the navy SB Veneto and there would be no stopping that look.

Last year's Shetlands were much thicker and coarser than the Tweeds this year. That said, they're still a proper tweed, and they won't be as soft as the flannels like Nightshade and Mocha. They basically feel like the Donegals and are made of the same yarn. Sometimes a specific color will feel softer than another one, but they're all pretty similar. However, if you're concerned then the mocha and navy flannels come from the same mill as Nightshade, so they basically feel the same.

Yup, sorry about the delay on that, just trying to keep my head above water with new stuff coming in, and I'm still the solo group buy photoshopper here. No worries, if you do a group buy we'll still honor that discount retroactively. I'll work to get them going tomorrow or Saturday.

Thank you! And good call, Russet is a killer color here. S

Absolutely! We'll have a Rudy order item built out tomorrow.

11. Epaulet

sorry, double post. that's what I get for pulling a newsletter all-nighter

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    2 people like this.
  12. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

Mike, go get some sleep!
    The Samuelsohns look stunning, especially the cashmere one. There's a typo in one of the sizes btw

13. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

14. stmaier

stmaier Well-Known Member

Nice! Will the chocolate ducks be an option for the preorder?

15. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

Hard to see from the angle but is that an Olde English D? This pic deserves a re-post based solely on that.

1 person likes this.
  16. applky

applky Well-Known Member

The Samuelsohns. Oh my.

1 person likes this.
  17. FLW

FLW Well-Known Member

This. That capsule collection is outstanding. I love new product days here in Epaulet-land. The Samuelsohns are like the suave older brother of the existing lineup. I like that the collection has its own feel rather than just being a fully canvassed version of what already exists in the Southwick collection.

Epaulet: unstoppable.

18. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Well-Known Member

Agree. All of them look great, but of course I love the chestnut plaid with brown and burnt orange!! Damn you Epaulet. [​IMG]

19. Todd V

Todd V Well-Known Member

Mike, let's talk about MTO hop sack rain system suits for everyone. We could eat, sleep, drink..maybe even work in them. That would be awesome.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. katabatic

katabatic Well-Known Member

Double damn. There goes my budget (again!).