1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

The first Carmina jumper:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. JVK1

JVK1 Well-Known Member

Those Jumper Boots look so good... Glad to see Epaulet stocking some new options this fall.

4. kwanon

kwanon Well-Known Member

My waist sizes are:
    28 in most other brands
    29 in rivet chinos
    28 in walt trousers

Pretty much all future plans for pants involve Epaulet. It's frustrating to have to wait a bit longer for them, indeed. I was lucky enough to know my sizing before they started going MTO only in my sizes. I recommend you get someone to help measure you, and then get on the phone (or this thread) and they'll help you find the size that works. It's worth the trouble. The quality is good and you'll never find such awesome fabrics anywhere else. I love the hell of out of my duck canvas pants, and I'm looking forward to ordering some wool ones this fall.

I'm about 5' 10", 135 lbs for reference.

5. macjedi

macjedi Well-Known Member

I'd order a 30 to start, evaluate, then go from there. If you don't wanna go MTO, then a 30 with some alterations might be a good option.

FWIW, I wear a 30 in both rivets and Walts. 5'5" 130#s.

6. nathanl

nathanl Well-Known Member

I'm 5' 7" 140#s - 30 in both Walt and Rivet.

7. Todd V

Todd V Well-Known Member

I find myself ordering one size larger than what I expect from the measurement chart. In other words, if I expect a 16" waist laying flat, I'm ordering a 32. That's been my experience on the last several pairs of walts and rivets I ordered.

8. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Cadet grey suit
    Ashland tie
    Carmina double monks

remind me to check my ISO setting next time

3 people like this.
  9. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Off-ISO or not, that's a good looking combo, SVB.

1 person likes this.
  10. mikeharo

mikeharo Well-Known Member

Factory finds sport coat shipping confirmation WOOOOOOO

1 person likes this.
  11. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

Damn.

Now I'm going to be sitting here watching my email inbox like a hawk for my confirmation as well. It looks like I'll get even less done than normal now!

12. zinc2162

zinc2162 Well-Known Member

Thanks!! I thought it won't be ready until Oct.
    Me too!! [​IMG]

13. Kekoa

Kekoa Active Member

So anyone with their latest shirts...I was wondering how thick the brown black gingham twill is compared to the flannels?

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

It's much lighter. The gingham twill is a regular shirting cotton in a slightly thicker fall/winter weight. Kind of a classic sportshirt. I'd compare the weight to a really thick oxford, but it will wear a bit warmer than that due to the denser weave. It's beautiful. The $150 cotton flannels are very thick, soft, and brushed. The $195 flannels are finer and a bit thinner. Here at the Santa Monica shop, most guys have opted for the $195 flannel for its lighter weight.
    Yup! We just received our first big delivery. Only about half of the jackets are finished, so there's still more to come, but we've got some gems in there. The guys are going to shoot each coat before we ship it out so you all can see how everything made up.
    Looking good! I like to convert my high ISO images to B&W, that way it looks more like grainy film and less like digital noise.

1 person likes this.
  15. Epaulet

And we've got good outerwear news this week! The Spiewak N3-B snorkel has returned, and this time in comes in both Black and Sage. We also received all four styles of the F/W Epaulet Veneto collection. I paid for it at exactly the right time (Euro was 1.35 USD that day!), so the pricing is really solid this year.

Oh, got some handsome new Johnstons scarves too. Lots of good stuff coming down the pipe!

1 person likes this.
  16. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

Yeah, good call. Will probably do that with most of my karaoke photos once I get to them.

17. JVK1

JVK1 Well-Known Member

Question - for the upcoming horsehide Wyatt jackets, where do you source the horsehide from? Can you talk more about the leather?

18. Epaulet

Absolutely, the leather comes from Horween and the jacket includes an authenticity badge inside.

We custom-ordered the skins in medium weight horsehide. Typically, horsehide jackets from the likes of Aero and Schott are REALLY heavy. Which is great for riding if you happen to fall off a bike, but we wanted our line of leather jackets to be more garment-orientated. A piece that you can wear with flannel trousers and brogues - as well as with jeans and boots. It has a clean design and a slim fit, while many of the other options out there are either too generously cut or fall firmly in the "heritage" style. The Wyatt is more pared down and enduring.

So our horsehide is around the weight of the cowhide that we use, and it's got a great hand. Like all horse, it has a bit of natural gloss and it's going to age like you wouldn't believe. All of the oils inside it make it more water-resistant than cow hide, so you can also wear it on a lousy day without stressing out.

19. stmaier

stmaier Well-Known Member

Mike--

Is the Veneto Vest a "technical" cashmere? Wondering if it is waterproof or intended to be a layering piece. Will it come in an XL?

20. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see the Veneto