1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. applky

applky Well-Known Member

Would love to see a brown (esp dark brown) cotton corduroy option for the Rivet Chino MTO. Mike, you mentioned this was possible earlier. Hope it still is!

2. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

Sorry for the noobishness, but what is a real dress cuff? Is it a usual cuff sewn in to be in place permanently?

3. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Well-Known Member

Just ordered Autumn herringbone. What is the delivery time on these? May not still be in country.

Ugh just saw I got hit with double sales tax. NYC and Nassau county. That sucks...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  4. runningfrog

runningfrog Well-Known Member

went with the autumn herringbone w/ burgundy twill taping. what a great fabric.

1 person likes this.
  5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Not exactly, let's say your usual inseam is 30", and you got a pair of Rivets with a 32" inseam, you could just turn up the bottom hem and have a 2" cuff with the tape showing. On a pair of Walts, if you wanted a true 2" cuff (still assuming you wear a 30" inseam), you would need at least a 35" inseam, because the material is sort of folded over onto itself, so that only the outside of the pant fabric is showing (as opposed to a Rivet turn-up cuff where the inside of the fabric is showing). I probably didn't explain that very well but I hope it made sense. I'm sure if you googled how to add pant cuffs or something like that, some tutorials would show up that explain the process in greater detail.

6. 2doubleu

2doubleu Well-Known Member

Wow those new FF premium fabrics are killer...

Dusty glenplaids today (thanks to fellow member tricky for hooking me up)
    Snuff LWB

[​IMG]

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

This is a fantastic look.

8. TactileOne

TactileOne Well-Known Member

This will be my first Epaulet purchase and I could use some advice. I'm looking for a good basic grey pant to wear in a business casual/ dressy environment. I'm not a slim young man, rather older and a bit on the portly side. I'm looking at: the Rudy Dove Grey Hopsack or the Rivet Grey Corduroy.

9. Todd V

Todd V Well-Known Member

Hello Sir,

Ill recommend the Rudy because it is more dressy and refined. The Rivet chino is low slung and more snug in the important parts. :)

I would definitely call the shop for sizing advice. I'm sure they'll be very helpful.

10. jimney

jimney Well-Known Member

Just to confirm - wool Walts don't need to be dry cleaned before hemming? Also, I was thinking I'd do about 1.5" cuffs (I'm 5'10"). Any thoughts?

11. stlms3

stlms3 Well-Known Member

Hey mike, are you expecting the rust cotton walts in 31 anytime soon? Thanks!

12. Beatlegeuse

Dove grey or the standard grey hopsack, can't go wrong with either of those as a year-round, everyday pant.

If I were you I'd start with 2" and see how they look, then go shorter if necessary. 1.5" might look a little too small, and if you hemmed them with no more room to let out you're stuck. If you're not sure, always best to go bigger and then shorten if you need to.

13. aldenfan

aldenfan Well-Known Member

Are there any updates on the Carmina order that is supposed to arrive late September? Anyone know if it is on schedule?

14. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

Thanks bg, I got what you said, absolutely helpful.
    Back to deciding whether I need wool rivets or not. Dry cleaning regimen still seems a hassle.

15. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

From personal experience, anyone who is not young and slim should go for the Rudy over the Walt and the Rivet Chino.

16. Beatlegeuse

Ehh, dry cleaning isn't a big deal. Honestly, I hardly ever dry clean any of my nicer clothes unless they're visibly dirty. I just got the autumn speckle herringbone and I doubt they will need to be dry cleaned very frequently. I decided to keep them more casual, went with light tortoise buttons and rear pocket flaps, instead of dressing them up with no taping and adding cuffs. Like Mike said, there are plenty of other options for proper dress trousers, so I'll keep these casual...also the rise on Rivets is a little low for me to wear as a true dress pant anyway.

17. FrankCowperwood

I would say exactly this. Difference in the rise is the big thing to me. The belt loops and tab closure on the Rudy is more refined as well.

18. FrankCowperwood

On a different topic, I've been looking at the Harris tweed options and had a sudden notion that I might need a double breasted tweed jacket. Thinking to make this more of a light outerwear item with patch pockets.

Any immediate thoughts on the concept, which tweed to pick, details, etc.?

Seems as if it might be fantastic, or perhaps a disaster.

19. thecool85

thecool85 Well-Known Member

Brandywine Tattersall, blonde horn buttons, chocolate suede elbow patches. I'm thinking something like this:

[​IMG]

20. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

That would be killer! I terms of versatility, the more subtle patterns would be good, but for something like this, I agree, go full badass...you may even be able to find some cool leather buttons to really give it that F U Country feel. I'd opt for open patch pockets at the hips and a welt at the breast. Would love to see pics.