1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Out and about tonight, but now very excited to get home and play with this Rudy editor.

EDIT: perhaps an odd question, but would it be at all possible to order Rudy's in any of the linens available from earlier this year? Particularly was hoping for the Juniper and/or Elderberry...

Totally understand if not, but figured it would be worth a shot.

EDIT #2: The new choices and page are awesome!!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  2. jumeitaps

jumeitaps New Member

me too,let me know how they fit tooch, I'm similiar measurements.thank you
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  3. streetlight

streetlight Well-Known Member

:nodding::nodding::nodding:

4. applky

applky Well-Known Member

The LES is the place for inexpensive, high-quality tailoring. The two tailors I'd recommend are Stanton Street Tailors and Allen Tailoring. Pablo & co at Stanton do the best work I've ever seen at relatively inexpensive prices (e.g. imperceptibly taking a forward-pleated trouser to flat front for $40), but sometimes there can be a wait on work done on jackets -- though I've never seen a "line" as was mentioned previously. If there's a wait, my very close second choice is Eduardo at Allen Tailoring, who charges slightly more but does excellent work and turns jackets around more quickly. Also unlike most tailors, Eduardo will do shoulder work; Matt's used them for this before.

1 person likes this.
  5. JVK1

JVK1 Well-Known Member

How's the place right across the street (directly) from the LES Epaulet?

6. applky

applky Well-Known Member

^ I've only used them for hems, and they've been fine for that; I don't have a sense of how they are for other work. I personally prefer to give Pablo or Eduardo my business because I've been going to them for years.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  7. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

Went out last night, was quite out of it and someone dropped a Cigarrette on me, was lit, didn't realise until it had burnt a whole in my Woodland camo chinos :(

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Sure, we can definitely do that and build out additional Rudy measurements. They'll essentially scale up at the same increments.

I'll check out the wording tonight, but the fact that the trousers are 1" larger than the tagged size is intentional. This is normal, and it's not necessarily vanity sizing.

Typically the tagged waist size of a trouser - or the tagged chest size of a jacket - is meant to refer to YOUR size. So a 36" trouser should fit someone with a 36" waist. Because of the Walt's rise and its fully constructed waistband, the actual measurement is one inch larger than the tagged size. You need this, as a 36" real measurement would be literally skin tight on someone with a 36" waist.

A 40 sportcoat typically measures 42" or more in real measurement.

And our Rivet Chinos measure about a half inch larger than tagged. They have lighter construction, a lower rise, and a pitched waistband so they can comfortably fit you closer than a Walt.

Yes, we could do that. The trousers would be made by Southwick and come fully lined. They would be pretty expensive though - probably in the $400 range. You can drop us an email if you're interested and we can put that together. I think that custom trousers can come through in 2-3 weeks.

Sure, let me check on that - I bet that they have some more fabric in those two.

It's great, we use them for trouser hems all of the time. They can also do shirt hems and simple jacket alterations like taking up a sleeve. They're one of the few LES tailors that work with leather too - they did a brilliant job on my Mulberry jacket.

Outside of them our official recommendation is to use Pablo at Stanton Tailor. We've had nothing but positive experiences with him. There can sometimes be a backlog, but his work is great and his prices are very fair. He typically bumps Epaulet customers up the queue as well, as we refer him quite a lot of business.

1 person likes this.
  9. Augustus

Augustus Member

Thanks for the tailor recommendations! Sounds like there are some solid options.

How is their pricing and turnaround time compared to Pablo?

10. hooker4186

hooker4186 Well-Known Member

For simple stuff it's fast. I dropped off three pairs of rivets a few weeks back. 90 mins and $15 later they were in my bag on the way home with me.

1 person likes this.
  11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

I'll second the quick guys across the street for trouser hems. I love Brooklyn too much and try to get in and out of Manhattan as quickly as possible (only half kidding) and those guys are fast and cheap for trouser hems. And good.

12. Epaulet

Orchard Tailor Services is very fast. If you tell them you need it that day, then they will generally do it. Or ask for it the following day. Trouser hems and simple shirt hems can usually be done in 15-30 mintues.

I'll warn you about this though: if you tell them "whenever" then they'll put you at the back of a line that constantly moves out. Always give them a deadline.

For Pablo, it depends. Bringing in an Epaulet garment and saying that you bought it at our shop and "Mike" recommended him, then it's typically 1-2 weeks. Little longer in the middle of the Summer due to wedding season, but we're through most of that. Without a referral, it can sometimes take 3-4 weeks. It depends on his workload and how much he likes you. It's old school like that, and he calls all of the shots. Be polite and patient and you'll get the best service.

Price-wise, they're both very reasonable. Orchard Tailor is about the cheapest that I've found. Pablo is a bit higher, but also radically more experienced. They'll both be cheaper than the vast majority of tailors anywhere. Both are cash-only.

13. Augustus

Augustus Member

Nice. Thanks guys.

14. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Well-Known Member

How does one go about an MTO Rivet Chino and also are the fabrics viewable on the site? I'm on my second pair of R/Cs and they are probably the best fitting off the rack trouser casual trouser I've ever had.

With that being said, are Rivet Chinos available in Walt fabrics? I really don't want to deviate from the R/C fit.

15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Best free life advice you can get...not only does it generally work out for you in most cases, but its agita free, and an agita free life is a good one.

2 people like this.
  16. Costa

Costa Well-Known Member

This is great! Just ordered a few. Does this mean that the wait for delivery will be significantly less? Will this menu always be there so that one can pop in and place a Rudy order from available fabrics instead of waiting? Thank you!!

17. Epaulet

Great! Glad that you dig them! Here's the current lineup of MTO Rivet fabrics, all of which are cotton or cotton-ripstop...

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/trousers-special-order

I'll put up the wool options next week. They're going to be bonkers! We won't be able to offer Rivets in the same fabrics as the Walt, but these will tick some of those boxes.

Thank you sir! And yes, the delivery should be faster with this system, as it's easier for the factory to cut Rudy's in small batches. And we'll look to update the Rudy item with all of the new fabrics, and we'll build out a separate one next week for carryover goods that we do every season (wool hopsack, 120s, UK canvas, etc).

18. Simplicio

Simplicio Well-Known Member

OK, I have to return to the topic of the tweed sport coats. We have a number of options with these, but my first thought is that these heavier tweeds almost have to be fully lined, with a little structure in the shoulder. Patch pockets will be best, and probably with flaps. In many cases, elbow patches will be a nice touch. With heavy tweed I think you want to go with horn buttons. So despite having other options, I think the Epaulet "Daltrey" style will often prevail.

Regarding the elbow patches: we have three choices, tan suede, chocolate suede, and self. Is the tan suede the same as the goat suede that has been offered in the past? This is a nice fabric.

I am still looking at the oatmeal Donegal, although the rusty violet herringbone also looks good. The oatmeal looks like the kind of SC you could wear almost all the time, as a default. I think I would get the oatmeal with either no elbow patches or the chocolate suede. But the rusty violet has more interesting colours. For those who have seen the fabric, does it read as a mostly brown fabric?

I'd be curious to hear what others are thinking.

19. steve2318

steve2318 Well-Known Member

Mike -- Any idea when the next factory find trousers will be??

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

congrats man. dem boots are bangin'