1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

Most likely cut the same, just the materials that cause the sizing differences.

2. MiniW

MiniW Well-Known Member

just got my second Epaulet shirt, wanted to say thanks for the great service and for another awesome addition to my wardrobe!

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

i can't say i have ordered from canada, but i can say that, without a doubt, epaulet has the best customer service in this industry.

and, to tell you the truth, it's not even close.

i wouldn't sweat it.

Awww, thanks! [​IMG]

Such depth with that pattern. It's almost 3D.

I know, this shirt is stupidly nice in person. Before yesterday, I never owned a grey medium-scale gingham. Now I'm wondering how I lived 33 years without one.

How do epaulet house shirts compare to Gitman Bros Vintage shirts? I wear a Medium for Gitman, same for epaulet?

For the most part, Gitman Vintage runs a size bigger than Epaulet (ex. Gitman Vintage Medium = Epaulet Large). However, there is quite a bit of variance, so it's best to check the online measurements. If it's a Gitman shirt that we carry, please feel free to PM me directly with any questions.

For the current crop of Chambray's and the Overdyed Oxford, I'd say that sizing down one from Epaulet is pretty right on. I'm an Epaulet Large, and all of these shirts are fitting pretty well as Mediums.

Most likely cut the same, just the materials that cause the sizing differences.

That's definitely one part of it. There are also two different patterns, and on occasion, certain fabrics will be cut into only one of the patterns. It's tough to tell.

just got my second Epaulet shirt, wanted to say thanks for the great service and for another awesome addition to my wardrobe!

Thank you sir!

Oh, and two quick things:

1. First Gant Rugger delivery is coming today. We'll work like hell to get it online ASAP. I've got awesome solid BD oxfords and a 60/40 Ranger coat that will knock your ass out. It's so good.

2. We got a nice plug in the latest issue of GQ. Here's a scan below. Our friend and often-times model Damon Boelte is wearing an entire look from our shop. Epaulet Tie, Epaulet French Cuff Tattersall shirt, and a Scotch & Soda wool vest.

[​IMG]
    See full size

4. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Well-Known Member

I dunno if it's the scan or my LCD, but those colors look off on him in that pic.

5. samsterdam

samsterdam Well-Known Member

Is the express shipping option new, or am I just thick and have never noticed it before? Either way, I'm excited that my order will be here that much sooner, before the froth of anticipation becomes unbearable.

6. JustinW

JustinW Well-Known Member

Is the express shipping option new, or am I just thick and have never noticed it before? Either way, I'm excited that my order will be here that much sooner, before the froth of anticipation becomes unbearable.

I just found out my EP jeans spent a week sitting at the USPS NY sorting station, but are finally on their way to me! I've been checking the mail with that same eager anticipation all week, so I know what you mean!

7. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

Mike-
    How are the trouser swatches coming along?

8. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

The GQ shout-out is rad. Nice that he decked himself out in Epaulet for the shot!

Too bad they only gave you credit for the tie.

9. racknac

racknac Well-Known Member

For the most part, Gitman Vintage runs a size bigger than Epaulet (ex. Gitman Vintage Medium = Epaulet Large). However, there is quite a bit of variance, so it's best to check the online measurements. If it's a Gitman shirt that we carry, please feel free to PM me directly with any questions.

For the current crop of Chambray's and the Overdyed Oxford, I'd say that sizing down one from Epaulet is pretty right on. I'm an Epaulet Large, and all of these shirts are fitting pretty well as Mediums.

How would you say the Epaulet shirts compare to Gant Rugger shirts then? I wear a Medium in the Gan Rugger shirts... but would fit it better if the shoulders were about 1/2 inch larger.

10. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

How would you say the Epaulet shirts compare to Gant Rugger shirts then? I wear a Medium in the Gan Rugger shirts... but would fit it better if the shoulders were about 1/2 inch larger.
    Mike will give you a more accurate response, but I think GANT is about the same fit as Gitman, and possibly a bit fuller. Get a large in Epaulet. - Keith

11. Epaulet

Well, Gant Rugger has two fits. The Oxfords are EZ fit, which is a bit fuller than Epaulet. Most of the plaids are Slim fit, which is pretty much one-to-one with Epaulet.

If you feel like the shoulders are restrictive on either of the Gant shirts, then I think Keith has it right - try sizing up to a Large in ours.

12. Epaulet

I'm pretty goddamn excited. I've been anticipating this since I saw it last February. Schott, the originator of the Perfecto jacket, has finally re-issued it in a slimmer fit with higher armholes. If you're a fan of rider jackets, this is pretty much as close to perfection as you can get. The classic piece, done by the original brand, made in USA, and cut slim as hell. I'll let the pics speak for themselves below. It's $480, and we'll do our best to keep it in stock. You can see bigger images in our online shop too. [​IMG] Schott Slim Cowhide Jacket: $480 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. racknac

Well, Gant Rugger has two fits. The Oxfords are EZ fit, which is a bit fuller than Epaulet. Most of the plaids are Slim fit, which is pretty much one-to-one with Epaulet.

If you feel like the shoulders are restrictive on either of the Gant shirts, then I think Keith has it right - try sizing up to a Large in ours.

sweet. thanks for the info. I'll probably make a purchase next month, I just spent $200 on beer yesterday.

14. racknac

sweet. thanks for the info. I'll probably make a purchase next month, I just spent $200 on beer yesterday.

Actually, I couldnt wait. Just put in an order for a shirt in size Medium. After reading the reviews and what other people have tried on, I think a Medium might be fine. I'm 5'11, 165lbs... Medium in Gant Rugger, Medium in Gitman, and Medium/Small in Jcrew.

Keeping my fingers crossed, if this size fits then expect a several more orders later on.

Also... what happened to the ninja star magnets?!?!

15. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

^^ [​IMG] I had a friend ask me where I got my ninja star magnets recently -- and I totally forgot where. Thanks for that.

16. 70gransport

70gransport Well-Known Member

Might be a silly question, but is the slim fit perfecto a limited edition or is it a piece in regular production? Just keeping an eye out for my first leather jacket but need to save the benjamins first.

17. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Well-Known Member

Have almost bought the brixton wingtip twice tonight since I got home. Mike, will send you a PM tomorrow 'bout these. Think I have to have them.

18. Doctor

Doctor Well-Known Member

That rider jacket is melting my screen. Hot fiya!

19. Epaulet

Actually, I couldnt wait. Just put in an order for a shirt in size Medium. After reading the reviews and what other people have tried on, I think a Medium might be fine. I'm 5'11, 165lbs... Medium in Gant Rugger, Medium in Gitman, and Medium/Small in Jcrew.

Keeping my fingers crossed, if this size fits then expect a several more orders later on.

Also... what happened to the ninja star magnets?!?!

Thanks for the order - please let me know what you think when you get the shirts!

And oh man, the magnetic ninja magnets. We discontinued those about a year ago. That product was kind of ridiculous, but it was literally the first item available for sale on epauletshop.com. It got us through the crazy recession funk of October-November '08.

If you look around, there are some other online stores carrying them these days. They're pretty awesome.

Might be a silly question, but is the slim fit perfecto a limited edition or is it a piece in regular production? Just keeping an eye out for my first leather jacket but need to save the benjamins first.

Not at all - it's a brand new style that we'll try to keep in stock all the time. Some sizes may go in or out, but it should basically be here. We've got a great relationship with Schott, and I generally get stock the day after it rolls out of their workshop in Jersey.

Have almost bought the brixton wingtip twice tonight since I got home. Mike, will send you a PM tomorrow 'bout these. Think I have to have them.

Sounds good! You'll love the Brixton homey!

That rider jacket is melting my screen. Hot fiya!

Hot fiya gwon' burn dem, hear Babylon sing!

20. racknac

Thanks for the order - please let me know what you think when you get the shirts!

And oh man, the magnetic ninja magnets. We discontinued those about a year ago. That product was kind of ridiculous, but it was literally the first item available for sale on epauletshop.com. It got us through the crazy recession funk of October-November '08.

If you look around, there are some other online stores carrying them these days. They're pretty awesome.

I found a store that has them, they come in green and pink now too! I grabbed a pair of black ones and a green one.