1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Well-Known Member

Navy jumper boot going to happen?

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Gorgeous! The MTO sportcoats that you ordered came out fantastic!

And Ludwig Reiter is a go - we should have them around the first week of September.

Oh man, looking forward to it!

Yessir! Sorry that it took me a minute to put together, got a thousand Cali things going on. Here's a cross-post...

Hey guys!

Hope that all is well and that everyone's enjoying the last round of makeups! Carmina is on holiday for a bit longer, so this is a great time to get another batch going for the Fall. We'll get primo delivery for it.

First off, I built out the Navy Shell Jumper. Here's the link for that:

[​IMG]
    Navy Shell Cordovan Jumper Boot Special Order Deposit

The details are as follows:

Robert Last
    Blind eyes with antique brass hooks
    Flat Welt
    York Sole

3. trig

trig Well-Known Member

sweet! then when you guys use UPS instead of USPS, I won't have to wait a week for my order!

4. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

Next up, Epaulet London?

2 people like this.
  5. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

And then to become a mall brand ;)

6. TactileOne

TactileOne Well-Known Member

Hush your mouth!

7. Louys

Louys Well-Known Member

Please to never become a mall brand.

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

^what you don't want to see every kid with a Bieber haircut in a pair of Walts and hopsack Napoli? :p

9. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

Average person wouldn't spend the price Epaulet asks, unless their favorite rapper wears it.

10. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

It really does amaze me what people choose to spend their money on. People look at me strangely because I spend what I do on clothes, yet they wouldn't bat an eye about dropping double that on things that I deem frivolous.

11. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

My wife pulled me into Club Monaco this weekend. Much of the stuff is priced on par with Epaulet....crazy.

Edit - nothing wrong with CM. I'll grab the odd piece on sale. Just saying for items relatively close in price that many will buy, you can get much better quality and style from our friends here...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  12. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Well-Known Member

Epaulet Kanye capsule collection SS15? Plenty of time for APC Kanye round 2. In for inevitable pics of Ep crew and 'Ye doing karaoke.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

This is beginning to sound like those people who hate their band once it blows up and "sells out". Even worse are the people who begin to dislike some musician because their friends begin to like him/her. A vast majority of musicians want their stuff to be heard by as wide an audience as possible. If it makes the artist happy, it should make you happy as their fan. Whether or not they want to go that route is their choice.

Possibly the saddest part is in certain threads it's impossible to tell if people are being sarcastic or not.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  14. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Lots of sarcasm going on...it's a loyal following here [​IMG]

15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Just don't get into the Alden thread territory and I think we'll be okay.

2 people like this.
  16. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

EP should sell as much stuff as possible without compromising the values that make it the brand it is. I'm not worried about exclusivity. Of course, I do value the personal touch EP has at it's current size, but good customer service scales up too.

Here's a surreptitious tradeshow photo that includes my gun check Marcello, EP pinpoint Oxford, and barely seen clay RCs.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  17. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

?????

The Alden thread (like the Epaulet thread) is one of the nicest and most loyal threads around. I am not sure what you are referring to in regards to the Alden thread

18. Louys

Louys Well-Known Member

While this may be a motive, I know that it wouldn't bother me if Epaulet became popular and lots of people started wearing it. If the whole reason that someone gets into clothes is to dress better than others then this would certainly bug them. However, if your goal in dressing is to look good then it won't be long before you wish that others dressed a little better, not because you hate them as they are but because you love dressing well as it can be. With that in mind it would be wonderful if solid brands like Epaulet that are focused on making well made and well fitting clothes targeting the part of the wardrobe between the casual and the formal, as well as the conservative and trendy (i.e. what most people wear on a daily basis) became the norm rather than the exception. What concerns me is that if Epaulet, which seems to be growing by leaps and bounds, becomes a mainstream brand (still years in the future) it might not always stay true to its established moderation (by moderation I mean healthy balance, not forcible lessening) of aesthetic and commitment to quality and customer service.

1 person likes this.
  19. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Like $2k on some poorly made Nike Yeezy sneakers :(

Carminas today:

Apologies for the poor pictures because of the overcast this morning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Word to Pyrex Vision being made on Champion gear with 1,000,000 % profit margin.