• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Dark as hell, but you can definitely tell it's Navy. B-E-A-UTIFUL!

Haha, okay, I'm going to lighten it and fix the photos tomorrow. It looks like a black monolith on my screen.

Can anyone comment on the suitability of the monte carlo jacket as a winter coat?

It's a great winter coat - that's what it's intended for. Fully insulated, waterproof. It's great for an NYC/Boston winter or milder.

Is everything on the new site still final sale? I really want the Wakefield, but I'm afraid the 38 is going to be just a touch too small in the shoulders, and I'm not willing to commit without trying it on.

Yes, all of the discounted merchandise on the new site is final sale. I believe that there's just one Wakefield in size 38 left, but if we don't sell it in the next week or so, then drop me a line and we can probably work something out for you.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ungggh that Wakefield is so sick - I tried on the 38 a few months ago and know it's a perfect fit I just can't afford it right now.

Malwear, seriously, don't hesitate on that 38 or I might talk myself into swiping it out from under you.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have loved the Daltrey mashup tweed since it dropped last winter (?) and at this price it's hard to pass up...but I am going to resist and consider spending that money towards a sport coat or suit separate that will be more practical for my actual life, vs. the one I live purely in my head and on the internet.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have loved the Daltrey mashup tweed since it dropped last winter (?) and at this price it's hard to pass up...but I am going to resist and consider spending that money towards a sport coat or suit separate that will be more practical for my actual life, vs. the one I live purely in my head and on the internet.

Experiencing the same dilemma. Although I generally don't show much common sense when it comes to living outside of my sartorial life of the mind.

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experience is the opposite ironically enough. The fit is dead on. I find the Oxford chinos to be the loosest out of all of them. I take a size 31 in all chinos btw.
interesting. Thanks for your feedback

Costa

Reaction score
Had a quick question about ordering the tweed trousers in Rudy. I had received a message from Adele stating that it was possible, but have not heard back on the specifics of placing the order. She had said it would be 4-6 weeks. I was looking to order the Purple Shetland Tweed specifically. Thanks again!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there supposed to be one more round of factory finds coming? I seemed to recall that, though maybe Sandy has put and end to that fun for the year.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the proper care regime for moleskins? Dry clean or cold wash? Do I need to wash before hemming? Cheers.

*edit saw above that someone asked the same question and was answered :)
*edit 2 Saw that they recommend a warm tumble dry on the product page - surely not!

Last edited:

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there supposed to be one more round of factory finds coming? I seemed to recall that, though maybe Sandy has put and end to that fun for the year.

I asked the same question about a month ago, and Mike mentioned that there would be one more in December.

ascher07

Reaction score
So, I'm guessing the Rudy run got pushed to the back burner for the new site drop?

kumizi

Reaction score
had to pull the trigger on the grape sportcoat. too cheap not to. damn you

bullswin

Reaction score

Now, there's one catch here. We've got almost zilcho fabric remaining in the two matching tweeds. Enough to cut an extra 4 units of Salt & Pepper, and maybe 6 units of Navy. Right now I have most sizes covered in the trousers, but we've been selling through it pretty quickly since the weather turned, so we may be down to just a few pairs per size. If you're interested in the whole suit and we've got both elements, then you'll want to pick it up sooner than later. If you take a Rudy trouser and need a matching pant, then we'll be giving priority to anyone who purchases the jacket first. Neither of these fabrics will be run in the next general Rudy pre-order (coming hopefully next week!)

Hey Mike,

Does this mean ordering a navy tweed sportcoat in a custom size (short) is not an option?

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads