1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Mike, great response to the MC/SWD ideology.

Some shots from EP in Kentucky...Mike, I know you like your whiskey, you definitely should hit up the Bourbon Trail at some point...it was incredible and the Mrs and I plan on going back soon (maybe Fall/Winter) with out the rug rats:

RWB Seersucker
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. applky

applky Well-Known Member

Hey Epaulet crew,

Question about the forthcoming Rivet Chino MTO program: Will the five-pocket jean configuration be available? Mike posted that different pocket configurations would be available -- "4. Bunch of different pocket options (flaps, coin pocket, welts, etc)" -- and was hoping the five-pocket jean was a part of that.

Asking because I've been looking for the perfect slim dark brown/espresso small-medium wake cords with the five-pocket config, and would obviously like to give Epaulet the biz.

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

^ same here, I've been looking for a chocolate or similar brown cord, and I was hoping they would have had an option for that during the last couple rounds of FF. But,ideally I would like more of a jean style rather than a chino style for a pair in that color.

1 person likes this.
  4. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Take me home, country road.

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

LOL, I think thats West Virginia, but yes, it has that effect.

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

If you would mind posting pictures, I'd appreciate it - hadn't seen anything of the sort on the site, and would love to know what I'll be dealing with when the CA shop opens...

7. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Well-Known Member

Thought I would post this up.

For those of you who've been posting in the thread for quite a while, I dyed my caramel calfskin Salinger about a year ago. Decided to give them another dose over the weekend. I like how they turned out and I'm stoked to see how the dye wears out.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. asaa1000

asaa1000 Well-Known Member

I was gonna comment on how your Salinger appears a lot richer than all the other ones shown on the thread on your previous photo, I guess this explains why.

9. plato

plato Well-Known Member

Odd question - I have one of the grey merino v-necks from Epaulet, and am interested in the red in the sale section. However, I can't remember which size I bought, and there's no usual tag in the neck that says s or m or l. I'm probably a s or m, but am not sure. The only thing might be a tag that says "48" in the upper left shoulder. Does that mean anything?

Thanks in advance.

10. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Well-Known Member

A 48 is a US 38, so a medium.

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Nice, thanks so much! I've been personally using and abusing the black briefcase for a little over a year now - it's great piece. We're clearing them out in anticipation of some new English-made bridle leather bags this Fall.
    Unfortunately no - just a pre-production sample, but the sneakers are already in-country and going through customs. Right now we're planning to have them on Wednesday, and we'll shoot and launch them ASAP after they arrive. If they get here Wed, then I'll have them all online on Thurs.
    Thank you sir! I'd I'd say that few men embody the MC/SW&D "Duality of Man" scenario than my man Rob here. Dude wears proper MC style with the best of them, but knows how to break out the denim and the Nike's when the occasion calls for it. That trip must have been rad! Our new store is going to zap out my travel time for a bit, but I'm down for any and all bourbon drinking in LA. And - I'm actually very serious about this - would any of you LA guys like to form a Skeet Shooting Club? I LOVE doing it, but it's hard to come by when you live in Brooklyn. And my man oisin seems to do it pretty frequently. I'm very interested in shooting as many clays as possible out there. We could all wear matched up team tweed sportcoats and driver hats and then drink warm ale afterwards.
    Yup, absolutely - we'll offer the 5-pocket jean shape and they'll surely be a bunch of cords to choose from. It will be the exact "Smith Jean" shape that's currently for sale. The only difference is that MTO pieces cannot be washed like our canvas jeans are, as things like that always have to be washed in a large batch.
    Matt's Salingers are really something to see. Never has a shoe looked so good that's been worn so hard. If anyone is ever worried that Carmina's are "delicate," then look no further than this dude's shoes. They look amazing these days.

12. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Well-Known Member

Yeah no problem. Finally found my DSLR after months of looking.

13. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Khaki Regiment Twill today. Apparently, my friend Carlton is running late. Traffic from Bel Air must've been heavy.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Epaulet

Here's a quick fit pic of James from the other day - wearing two denim pieces:

[​IMG]

Shirt: Epaulet Italian Denim Buttondown
    Jeans: Indigo Farm x The Armory Jean (getting really nicely worn and faded)

Both James and Dylan have put an INCREDIBLE amount of wear on their jeans. We bought them as a one-wash model rather than a raw jean, and these guys have proved that you can get a great fade on them nonetheless. When we re-introduce the Smith Selvedge jean, we'll sell it as a one-wash piece. It's nice to have the denim softened a bit and not have to worry about inseam shrinkage.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

My wife and I are celebrating 10 years of marriage on Aug 1st. For this momentous occasion we are going to NYC for a week. We fly in Thursday and fly out Monday night. One of the things i'm excited about is visiting Epaulet. I hope to be in sometime on Sat. This will also be our first time away from our kids for more than a night. My wife has never been to the city before so she is excited. I use to play drums for a living so i've been in and out a lot but it has been over 10 years for me as well. We are going to do dinner at Wolfgang's on Thur and I have some tickets for Phantom for Fri but besides that we are going to hit some of the tourist stuff and hopefully some good shopping.

1 person likes this.
  16. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

I'm in.

17. Epaulet

Awesome, congrats on the anniversary! We'd love to see you at the shop on Saturday. And Wolfgang's Steakhouse is a great choice - I've actually met the owner a few times in the past.

Please feel free to give us a call if you want any recommendations on things to do. If you're planning to come to the Lower East Side store on Saturday, then we're open there from 12:30 to 7:30. A lot of customers go to the Clinton Street Baking Company for brunch around 11:30 and then come by the store afterwards. We're just a few blocks away. Clinton Street is a zoo, and you usually have to wait for a table, but they serve the best breakfast in the area, hands-down.

Or if you come by later in the day, you can hit the store and then go to Mission Chinese, Katz Deli, or Fat Radish for dinner.

That makes three of us so far!

And, I just came across a video which you guys might dig. My friend Kevin Meredith is an excellent photographer and has a pretty good degree of fame for his spontaneous street shooting. Street photographers are a dime a dozen these days, but he shoots with a lot of soul, and he taught me quite a bit. I just came across this video feature on him from last year:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

If you're into photography or interested in it, then he's got some good tips. And he keeps it light. If any of you guys in the UK ever have a chance to take one of his classes, I would absolutely recommend it.

1 person likes this.
  18. oisin

oisin Well-Known Member

You know tweed and shotguns is like my dream come true. LA is not the best climate for the clothing but eff it. Breeks, jacket, tie, the whole thing. There is actually quite a bit of opportunity to shoot skeet and sporting clays near LA and the old fogeys will be blown away by our awesomeness. There will be lots of shooting, and bourbon and beer after. Who knows, maybe I'll be getting a Springer Spaniel or Brittany and we'll be out hunting quail or pheasants too!

Dude, let's go!

Edit:

#1, there is not enough good warm ale here (except at my house where I usually have some cask conditioned-esque homebrew going on). Something I would like to remedy on the retail market, though.

#2 My summer shooting outfit comprises my Epaulet camp mocs and Walt shorts, as well as a vintage Abercrombie and Fitch vest from when they still made clothing for the outdoors and blood sports. Tweed will be even more awesome.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  19. Racing Green

Racing Green Well-Known Member

I love clay pigeon shooting - helps that I seem to be actually quite good at it - but the best thing is that it's the one activity where I'm always the only one appropriately dressed. Barbour, tweed, brogue boots, the whole nine yards!

20. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

+1 Mission Chinese

1 person likes this.