1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bbri06

bbri06 Member

Can anyone comment on the strength of the stitching on the ripstop pants? I just recently got my first pair of rivet chinos, and I love them, but the crotch seam has already split on the third day of (light) wear. I'm pretty dissapointed with that. Do the ripstop pants have tougher stitching as well as tougher fabric?

2. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

Ah thankyou. Would Have snapped this up straight away if it had a button down collar.

3. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Well-Known Member

That seems odd, mine take a hell of a lot of abuse. I can't say Ive noticed a difference in my ripstops from the normal excellent construction. I'd send epaulet a PM.

4. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Got in from the pub last night and almost bought a load of things in the sale that weren't quite my size. Thankfully I fell asleep and it's all gone this morning. I was just wondering though, if thats the last of the 7oz French Blue Ducks we'll see as I was gonna order another pair but you haven't had my size for a while?

5. ryosuke

ryosuke Well-Known Member

Just purchased three rivets: mint distressed, french blue 7oz and brown ripstop. Awesome late night impulse buy.

6. TactileOne

TactileOne Well-Known Member

How did you all find out about the sale? I thought I was on their email list, but only found out about it here this morning. Only one item in my size, drat!

7. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

SF usually gets first dibs.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  8. TactileOne

TactileOne Well-Known Member

I missed that completely, how long ago was it posted?

Can anyone tell me of their experience with moleskin pants? Thanks.

9. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Look back several pages. Mike posted it yesterday. Don't be too sad though. Not like there was full size run on anything. Epaulet sells out at retail prices usually.

10. velomane

velomane Well-Known Member

Given that you're from Atlanta, you might find them a little warm, even in winter. I'll only wear during my winter, and that's ten to twenty below zero, C or F, pick your scale. Having said that, from a tactile perspective, they're so damn sensuous!

11. kelwatches

kelwatches Active Member

Finally had a chance to purchase from Epualet

Bought a Carmina for the wife. Though its not for myself but its still thrilling anticipating the package

12. pekingman

pekingman Well-Known Member

Finally got the image uploading to work again ... I assumed it was some problem with being behind the Great Firewall (as it didn't work with any browser on my old laptop), but on my new laptop it seems to work just fine.

Not very seasonal now (pictures were taken earlier this year) - but inspired El Argentino's post (the color on those shoes is truly fantastic) here are the Alden x Epaulet Natural Chromexcel Brixton boots together with the FF coarse-grain Dijon mustard tweed trousers (aka chartreuse - but after a particularly bad experience at university with the alcohol of the same name I prefer not to think of them as that color ....).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

If I had a serious girlfriend, I would cop her the pythons without hesitation.
    Did you slim down the trousers? Combo looks great.

14. kelwatches

kelwatches Active Member

Lol how did you know I bought the pythons?

Any advice for maintenance seeing that you have that amazing carmina in burgundy python

15. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Well-Known Member

Was thinking of doing the same for my Girl Buddy. But I was not sure of carmina women size, she wears a 6 U.S. Any help on this?
    Everyone here is Bad Ass! Great contribution..

16. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

It was the only logical choice to me :)

Ive only worn mine 3-4 times and haven't done anything to them yet. Mike and others have made suggestions, but I don't recall at the moment.

17. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

18. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Well-Known Member

Mike,

Lets try to set something with crepe sole by carmina?

19. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Well-Known Member

If only they had those Chelsea boots in 6UK...

20. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Package arrived this weekend.

[​IMG]

Carmina x Epaulet Salinger Double Monks in Saddle Cordovan. A veritable grail of shoe-ness.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A very special thank you to Mike and Epaulet for outstanding service and communication throughout. :slayer:

EDIT: And thank you all for the kind words on the LWBs.

5 people like this.