1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. KayJay85

KayJay85 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  2. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Well-Known Member

3. leftofthedial

I know Mike put up most of the new items for the week, but I wanted to tell you guys about these.

If you haven't seen them, the Rivet Chino in Cone Mills selvedge denim has finally come to life!

[​IMG]
    Epaulet Rivet Chino Cone Mills Selvedge Denim - $175

As some of you know, we've been working on this project for quite some time. I believe it was a year ago when we cleared out all of our remaining Smith selvedge denim. Mike can attest to the fact that the denim we had used was never up to the challenge that we place on fabrics. It left us jonesing for something that we would be happier to put our name on.

Though we attempted to work with Cone, it didn't come to fruition until a few months ago. While going through various swatches and trying to find something that was in line with the rest of our collection, we stumbled onto this and, in our opinion, the results are damn near perfect.

The denim is from the legendary White Oak plant in North Carolina. It has a wonderful feel to it, a deep indigo color and is a great year-round weight. It's also sanforized, so it has the consistency that we strive for. And, of course, it's in our most popular shape, the Rivet Chino!

As for fading, it will perform very similar to the denim on newer model (47-forward) LVC jeans. I always seem to come back to LVC no matter what insane Japanese denim I've bought and worn. I'm highly convinced you guys will dig this as much as we do!

2 people like this.
  4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Yea, if I were an Epaulet intern in college, I'd have dropped out for fear of missing all the cool shit that would come in the fall...good luck Streetlight!

Madras shirts look great BTW, as do those pants which to be honest I've never noticed before someone pointed them out.

5. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

Can you identify the Blue gingham tucked into those Caramal Duck pants please?

6. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

When was applications out for summer interns? Would be a dream to intern at a chill place like Epaulet

7. leftofthedial

It's this shirt:

[​IMG]
    Epaulet Cutaway Collar Navy Gingham

The color in the photo with the caramel duck Walt is more accurate.

1 person likes this.
  8. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Just got the 8oz chinos. They're fantastic. Still too thick for 100f weather but these babies are mine. In the wash, getting shrunk, then to the tailor for tomorrow to shorten - not a fan of the roll look.

How does everyone dry theirs? There's no room for shrinkage in the waist area, which I heard won't happen. The directions say tumble.. can I put it in like any other pair of pants, warm?

9. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

TBH, I hang dry all of my RCs, after the initial wash and light tumble dry to take out all shrinkage.

10. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

Received my trousers today. The color of the nori pants looks fantastic is real life! Thanks Epaulet!

11. mrjester

[​IMG]

I washed/dried the 8oz pants.

I no longer have to take them to the tailor.. they shrunk to what I wanted, to the CENTIMETER. Hilarious.

1 person likes this.
  12. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

I dry cleaned all of my jeans, chinos, and trousers because of this. A couple of years ago my $300 Paul Smith pants shrunk an inch in the waist rendering it useless so ever since then it's been dry cleaning for me. Plus I really suck at ironing pants, although I'm great with the shirts.

Digi camo shorts today:
    [​IMG]

13. mrjester

I'm sizing up to 34's to account for a little shrinkage in the waist. Then I'm drying the hell out of them... they fit perfect for me. Lucky I guess. I wonder what the shrinkage difference is on the 7oz and 10oz compared to these 8oz.

14. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

I'm reading about shrinkage in these posts, should I size up for this brand when I order?

15. mrjester

I would. It shrunk maybe just half an inch. Enough to pull at the buttons.

16. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

To be fair, EP doesn't shrink markedly anyways. I've just always done it so that I can later tailor them as needs be and not worry.

I wouldn't necessarily size up for shrinkage's sake. In pants, I will always determine my size based on thigh measurement though.

Examine the size charts. Compare to good fitting pants you own. Do not plan on squeezing into something; allow yourself a measured amount of room for fit's sake. Some denim people seem to measure their body, add .25 and then buy their jeans. They inevitably find their jeans too tight.

17. mrjester

Definitely. I agree, they never said to not account for it.

I think I found the only place I want to go for chinos though. I mean, crap... I shrink them and they fit like a pair of MTM chinos. Can't ask for more than that.

But really, does anyone know if the other weights will shrink more or less?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  18. frivmo

frivmo Well-Known Member

Another day, another wallet purge!

Picked up the chocolate ripstop rivet chinos this afternoon and the could hardly be more perfect. They're my first pair of rivets (usually a Walt guy) and I'm thrilled. Also grabbed the short sleeve sky blue chambray because I'm obsessed with the long-sleeve version (almost did the same with the lavender Oxford but resisted for now).

Everything. Is. Just. So. Good.

19. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Ooops - meant to post this here but started a new thread by accident....

Hey guys,

This next Friday we're going to announce our sale of the season: which is mostly discontinued fabrics and last pieces of past styles. We're rolling out the sale prices as we speak, and I want you guys to have first crack at everything. Here's the link:

EPAULET ODDS N' ENDS SALE

Please note that all discounted items are final sale and we'll be happy to answer any questions or help you find your size before you purchase.

20. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

What's the difference between Walt sizing and Rivet Chino sizing? If a Walt 34 fits well should I order a chino in 34 as well?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013