1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

You can't post that and not post pictures. :-D

2. digga

digga Well-Known Member

These are sweet, wish mine were this color. Does anyone know if this is the new color or the old color of french blue 10oz?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  3. jah786

jah786 Well-Known Member

I agree, the color of the French Blue on this picture is great. But I think French blue tends to shift in different light (and maybe camera setting as well). I know with my 7 oz, on cloudy days it looks more petrol, on sunny days you see the brighter royal blue color more. Just my take on it.

4. jah786

jah786 Well-Known Member

I don't hang around decommissioned aircraft carriers very often, but figured it would make for an interesting pic. love my Napoli seersucker, it's my go-to summer blue blazer now.

[​IMG]

5. trig

trig Well-Known Member

Just ordered that new maize madras with the quickness. Epaulet just knows how to steal money

6. US Grant

US Grant Well-Known Member

Curious if you have a comparison on BB ESF for these (14.5x32 for this smaller guy) I'm looking to expand into EP shirting from the Chinos, yep, looking forward to further theft from Mike!

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Are the epaulet Walt trousers formal enough to wear to suit and tie workplace? Or for business casual?

Was thinking about buying 3-4 pairs.

Also is there a buying in bulk discount? [​IMG]

8. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Epaulet is the Apple of clothing retailers. Never knew I "needed" certain items until I saw them on the website.

1 person likes this.
  9. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Plenty of people have 20-30 pairs and pretty sure they don't get one

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Don't slander Epaulet please.

11. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Well-Known Member

No SF heads up on newsletter drops? Aw, mein.

12. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

They work for both quite well.

13. John Grady Cole

John Grady Cole Well-Known Member

Stopped by orchard st to order a pair of chinos from Matt and tried on a pair of the Smith jeans while I was there. They're really nice. Epaulet usually has pretty good pictures for a guy with a dslr on the sidewalk but the Smith jeans come off as a bit "daddish" on the website IMO and don't look that way in real life at all. Definitely planning to pick up a pair later in the summer.

1 person likes this.
  14. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Well-Known Member

No kidding! I can't seem to stop my money from heading toward Epaulet. Ordered the Tobacco LBM jacket today. I went with the same size as my Epaulet jacket size. Hopefully it will fit well with no or minimal tailoring required.

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

I love this. Hands-down one of the best fits ever posted on this thread
    +1 to leftofthedial If anyone's looking for a fantastic warm-weather pant, check out the ripstop fabrics that we have (grey, olive, chocolate, woodland digi, desert digi). It's a challenge to offer a true lightweight fabric in a pant, because your legs and hips put a lot of pressure on a garment. The ripstop comes in at 6.5oz, but has reinforcement throughout the cloth, so that it's light and tough. It hang drys with basically no wrinkling as well. And as you wear it, the ground fabric will fade a bit, making the ripstop look more pronounced in a very cool way over time.
    It's our pleasure - and huge thanks to everyone who sends us ideas and suggestions! Listening to our customers and making what they want is our first priority. Here in menswear retail, it's amazing how often that isn't the case. Epaulet will never be married to one specific "look," and we'll always work to provide the garments and shoes that our customers are looking for - as seen through our particular lens of fit, consistency, quality, and value. In this spirit, we're bringing out all sorts of new product categories and brands for the Fall. There's great stuff coming!
    Sure thing. I'd recommend the Walt over the Rivet Chino, as the Walt has a more formal waistband and sits higher. It makes an excellent biz-caz trouser. These three are my favorites: [​IMG] Slim Walt Trouser Olive Sanded UK Canvas: $175 [​IMG] Slim Walt Caramel Duck Canvas: $165 [​IMG] Slim Walt Regiment Twill Trouser Khaki: $135
    Whoa, I dig those shoes!
    They are really light. I can honestly say that they are the lightest, most breathable polos that I've ever owned - and this is coming from someone who is a world-class polo shirt enthusiast. When we designed the Luchino, I had the Sunspel Riviera in mind. I wanted to make offer a European-made version (Rivieras are made in Turkey) with a bit more attitude and a higher quality pique. The mercerized cotton that we use is equally open and breathable, but it is not sheer in any way - which can happen to the Riviera in certain lighting. I think that you'll really dig it.
    Thank you sir! Man, I wish that I could get more of that cloth - it's one of the best that we've ever had here. I have one more small restock coming in about 2 weeks - same as with the Nori tropical.
    Absolutely. Our wool pants (super 120s, hopsack, merino, tropical) are proper dress trousers that can be worn in any formal setting.
    Thanks for stopping by, and I appreciate the note! The Smith Canvas jeans have been selling really well so far, which is great. I knew that offering a jean in canvas was a bit off-kilter and a lot of guys aren't sure how to wear them. They're a great alternative to denim, and the shape is really spot on for them. It's been exciting to see - and we're going to expand into some more colors and select thicker fabrics for the Fall. We should have the Cone Selvedge Smith Jean in about 6 weeks too.

16. Epaulet

New Epaulet Shirts

In case anyone didn't see the newsletter, here's the new shirts that dropped today. And everyone say hi to "streetlight" our esteemed Summer intern and new fit model! For reference, he takes a 36R in our sportcoats and a Small in our shirts

[​IMG]
    Buttondown Collar Maize Madras: $140

[​IMG]
    Buttondown Collar Navy Tonal Madras: $140

[​IMG]
    Short Sleeve Buttondown Purple Tartan Linen: $160

[​IMG]
    Short Sleeve Buttondown Sky Blue Chambray: $140

[​IMG]
    Short Sleeve Buttondown Lavender Oxford: $140

[​IMG]
    Point Collar White Pinpoint Oxford: $130

[​IMG]
    Point Collar Blue Pinpoint Oxford: $130

17. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Well-Known Member

I often wear them to work. They're as formal as pants can be. Exceptional for business casual.

1 person likes this.
  18. Epaulet

L.B.M 1911 Jackets

These are great! The Tobacco Jacket is really cool - we received five of them yesterday and we've got two left. Pretty rare color for L.B.M. to offer:

[​IMG]
    L.B.M. 1911 3/2 Roll Tobacco Cotton Sportcoat: $595

And the Cotton Pique is a great all-season piece with a very cool texture...

[​IMG]
    L.B.M. 1911 Pique Cotton Sportcoat: $595

We also received a full restock of the Grey sportcoat, our best-selling color for the season. This is really ace with jeans. If you take a US36, then don't wait too long - there's just one unit left, and LBM doesn't typically stock that size in the USA.

[​IMG]
    L.B.M. 1911 Single Breasted Grey: $595

19. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

No 36 right? That way I dont feel too bad.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  20. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Yep. Great values as is. You snooze you lose is the motto for me.

The first run that sold out instantly.