1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. pistolero

pistolero Well-Known Member

I agree, the new Smiths look great! Are all three fabrics the same weight, or would a certain one be better for a hot climate (Texas) ?

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Love the look of the Smith, can't wait for the new selvedge to come out. It might finally be the perfect pair of jeans for me. Did anyone ever comment on what the stock inseam will be in those? If its going to be around 36" or so, any chance us taller dudes will be able to special order a longer inseam?

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  3. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

I like the carmel duck Smiths, but how many pairs of that color pant am I allowed to have...? :embar:

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

THE SMITH JEAN RETURNETH!

As a few of you have already noticed, we are absolutely freaking thrilled to relaunch the late, great Smith jean!

We released the original Smith back in 2009 and produced it for the better part of a year. Since we discontinued that original run, I've been looking for a reliable factory that can put out a quality jean with consistent sizing, good construction, and a fair price. A way to offer a good quality piece with a razor sharp fit. Six months ago we found that, and now... we are releasing the very first fruits of that labor.

Our first Smith jeans are available in three kinds of canvas (also used in the Rivet Chino). They are stone washed for softness and a slightly distressed finish. They are completely freaking rad! A couple of points to note:

1. The weight on these is 8oz for Gunmetal and 10oz for Navy & Caramel. They're much lighter than jeans and great for warm weather. Soft as freaking hell too.

2. These have been washed and pre-shrunk. The sizing is a little bit slimmer than the Rivet Chino - mostly in the waist and thigh. For the most part, I'd recommend ordering the same size that you wear in the Rivet Chino. They will stretch a bit - nothing crazy, and I imagine that they'll be nearly the size of a "raw" rivet chino after a few wears. Maybe a touch smaller. If you comfortably wear the Rivet then get the same size. If the Rivet fits you tightly - like you have no room to spare, especially in the thighs - then you'll want to size up one.

3. These are constructed like jeans. They do not have a seam allowance (they have a double-stitched felled seam in the back). As such, you can wear them tightly and break them in without stressing the rear seam. But they cannot be let out. They can easily be brought in though.

4. The inseam on these came out short for the first run (33.5"). It should still work for most guys. Our next batch will be made at 35 to 35.5" inseam length. If you need longer than 33.5" then just wait a few weeks, we'll get your inseam in shortly. And if you need much longer (like 37, 38") then drop us an email. We can cut you a "raw" jean as a custom order with any length inseam. It won't have the washing (all of them need to be stonewashed in a batch), but we can make them as long as you need.

5. This will return in Cone Mills Selvedge ($175) in about 6 weeks. Good lord!

Okay, so without further adieu, here's the starting lineup:

[​IMG]
    Smith Jean Washed Navy Duck Canvas: $150

[​IMG]
    Smith Jean Washed Caramel Duck Canvas: $150

[​IMG]
    Smith Jean Washed 8 oz. Canvas Gunmetal: $150

2 people like this.
  5. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Well-Known Member

You guys need to stop, I have no more money to spend.

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Haha, I know... we're dangerous like that! So I'll apologize in advance for these:

RIPSTOP RIVET CHINOS

These are rock and roll. If any of you own the digicam chinos, then this is the same fabric but in solid tones. It's super light for the Summer (6.5oz), but also tough as hell with its mil-spec polyester ripstop thread. It makes for a fantastic casual piece. The brown and grey are quite solid in appearance. The olive has a very visible ripstop pattern, which is pretty cool:

[​IMG]
    Rivet Chino Grey Ripstop: $135

[​IMG]
    Rivet Chino Chocolate Ripstop: $135

[​IMG]
    Rivet Chino Olive Ripstop: $135

1 person likes this.
  7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Wow! Those look GREAT.

BG, I haven't picked up in store (yet). I have had hockey games all week, so its been straight from work to the rink most days...though I'm free this weekend...:slayer:

8. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Well-Known Member

Ripstop looks awsome, seems to be an all occasion pants. A perfect pants for a Sunday afternoon graduation at UC Davis two weeks from now. Big ups to Epaulet and my kid brother for there hard work.

1 person likes this.
  9. slimandnone

slimandnone Active Member

I think you're good. When you get down to a small adjustment here or there, think how much better off you are than most people who are off by an entire size, or two. Now, as for a stripper flirting with you, that may have had more to do with the roll of bills you were doling out than what you were wearing...

10. jimney

jimney Well-Known Member

Any chance that this will become a regularly stocked item? I might find myself needing jeans more towards the fall.

11. thecool85

thecool85 Well-Known Member

Have any of you guys with a 34ish waist bought the 36 rivet chinos and had them taken in? I think that may be my best bet with the new Smith canvas jeans, but I'm concerned about the pockets looking weird in the back. Can someone either assuage or confirm my fear? Thanks.

12. Beatlegeuse

Most of my Rivets are 34 and fit great in the waist. But the Oxford Cloth chinos from last year fit way tighter than my Duck Canvas ones in the same size. I ended up getting the grey Oxford Cloths in a 36 and taking the waist in about 2 inches. The fit was great after that, and the pockets didn't look weird to me.

For Rivets going forward, I'm trying a 35 and I'll get the waist taken in. My old 34's started getting a little too tight in the thigh for my liking.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

I have a 35.5 waist, so I'm between the 34s and 36s. When I've tried the 34 RCs on they feel too tight all around. So I buy the 36s and wash and dry them a few times, rather than taking them to the tailor. That gets me close. I could probably have them taken in slightly too, but I'm lazy.

I'm not sure what amount of alteration will put the pockets too close together. Are you right on a 34 waist? 2.5 inches might be a lot.

14. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

I'm the same as Frank and actually has my last pair Rivet's taken .5 and they are perfect fit.

15. thecool85

thecool85 Well-Known Member

The RCs I have right now are all 34 and they fit me perfectly in the waist. So I'd basically have to take them in 2 inches. And since the Smiths are pre washed, they're not really gonna shrink.

16. stlms3

stlms3 Well-Known Member

Haha, guess that I should have mentioned that I was not at at strip club.

2 people like this.
  17. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Good point about washing and drying the Smiths. I guess team EP will have to chime in on how severe a 2 inch adjustment will be. I know this has come up sometime recently in the thread, but I can't recall exactly when.

18. Beatlegeuse

new factory find Rivets....I didn't hesitate like I did last time - just picked up these and these. :nodding:

That second pair - the brushed taupe glen plaid - apparently only has 3 pairs available. I just got one, so if you like those pick them up now!

19. trig

trig Well-Known Member

Couldn't resist. More ff chinos ordered. Cotton prince of wales and navy brushed Glen plaid

20. onehotchili

onehotchili Well-Known Member

Trigger pulled on some Smith Caramel Duck Canvas jeans! I had originally planned on picking up the Rivet Chino versions.... But the jeans fit my Tahoe mtn lifestyle much better :). Super psyched!