• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So, Adele and I are celebrating our one-year wedding anniversary and we popped out of the city for a few days with our coterie of dogs.

I rented a house in East Hampton which looks like the home in Beetlejuice (following the renovation) and a Miami plastic surgery office from 1989 had a child. It's pretty insane. These places cost a ton to rent in the Summer, but things get REAL cheap after September. It makes for a relaxing getaway.

Anyway, here's a shot of the house:

Note: the only person going in that pool is our 6-month old Boston Terrier puppy, who is both equally attracted TO and terrified OF water.

And this is my "lounging" fit pic. It took me something like 15 minutes and countless self timer shots to appear aloof and contemplative

Comme Des Garcons PLAY cardigan
Epaulet Navy Luchino Polo
Corduroy Tweed Walts
Paul Smith Socks
Edward Green Navy Shell Cordovan Double Monks (our Carmina Navy Shell Double Monks should be here in a few weeks!)

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

And this is my "lounging" fit pic. It took me something like 15 minutes and countless self timer shots to appear aloof and contemplative

Happy anniversary!

Look good holmes, and thanks for posting that...sometimes I feel like an ass, having to take and retake these ridiculous pics and I start questioning my sanity. I'm glad I'm not the only one :slayer:

Last edited:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, Adele and I are celebrating our one-year wedding anniversary and we popped out of the city for a few days with our coterie of dogs.
I rented a house in East Hampton which looks like the home in Beetlejuice (following the renovation) and a Miami plastic surgery office from 1989 had a child. It's pretty insane. These places cost a ton to rent in the Summer, but things get REAL cheap after September. It makes for a relaxing getaway.
Anyway, here's a shot of the house:

Note: the only person going in that pool is our 6-month old Boston Terrier puppy, who is both equally attracted TO and terrified OF water.

Corduroy Tweed Walts
Paul Smith Socks
Edward Green Navy Shell Cordovan Double Monks (our Carmina Navy Shell Double Monks should be here in a few weeks!)

Happy anniversary to you and Adele! House and fit pic both look great.

Last edited:

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the Rivet Chino in either cherry (red) or french blue, and was wondering which would be a little more versatile. I work in a casual tech setting, so everything is fine (as long as it's not sweat pants or gym shorts). What would be more versatile?

Obviously, I get that both colors aren't generally going to be workhorse colors in one's wardrobe (in regards to pants).

Last edited:

thebunk

Reaction score
Happy anniversary Mike and Adele!

Mike - responded to your pm. Thanks again, very pumped!

runningfrog

Reaction score

congrats mike and adele! nice vacation pad and i love that chillin fit pic by the pool. :slayer:

I was thinking about getting the Rivet Chino in either cherry (red) or french blue, and was wondering which would be a little more versatile. I work in a casual tech setting, so everything is fine (as long as it's not sweat pants or gym shorts). What would be more versatile? 

Obviously, I get that both colors aren't generally going to be workhorse colors in one's wardrobe (in regards to pants).

i also work in casual tech and i think the french blue would be more versatile. i have them and i've worn them to work several times. the cherry red is more of a summer/"go to hell" color and would definitely get more attention at the office. for other red chino options, you might consider the bedford cord in barn red or the wool rivet in rust.

thecool85

Reaction score

Corduroy Tweed Walts
Paul Smith Socks

I'm kicking myself for not getting in on that navy shell double monk mto. I need a pair of Navy dubs in my life.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I'm kicking myself for not getting in on that navy shell double monk mto. I need a pair of Navy dubs in my life.

Haha, don't. I'm just waiting to see how much Navy shell I can get my hands on next month. I have a bunch of people interested in ordering both the double monk and the Austerity brogue, and we can certainly do another run for delivery in Jan-Feb.

Thanks for posting the question. I'd definitely say the 10oz French Blue. Despite the bold color, it's very wearable and easy to work into a ton of daily looks. Ultimately navy or blue pants are easy to match, even in stronger tones. You'll love them too - they're definitely our best-selling color.

Happy anniversary!
Look good holmes, and thanks for posting that...sometimes I feel like an ass, having to take and retake these ridiculous pics and I start questioning my sanity. I'm glad I'm not the only one :slayer:

Oh no, you are certainly not alone. My "b-roll" of shots leading up to the one I posted look like I'm an insane man by a pool who's either (1) plotting where to hide the body or (2) working on growing another two chins.

unclesam099

Reaction score
Happy Anniversary Mike and Adele! All the best to you!

Just received the Airforce Flannel and Medium Gray Flannel from the last Factory Finds - awesome! Just ordered 4 more!!! I was going to do 2, but they're such great trousers at such a great pricepoint. Keep this up, you've got my business for each order.

And eagerly awaiting the Eisenhower that should be here tomorrow or the next day.!! Hoping it won't be too short on me, it looks killer on the website.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Happy anniversary!

Like Mike said, my man. I think I take 15-20 pictures of myself a day. Most of them have stupid face expressions so they get deleted. Auto setting and setting on 6 frames. Repeat 3 times, haha.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
who's the other size Us12 out there buying up all the Carmina?/?????? :/

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is there a difference between the uk donegal tweed salt and pepper and the grey donegal tweed? they look nearly identical to me.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Like Mike said, my man. I think I take 15-20 pictures of myself a day. Most of them have stupid face expressions so they get deleted. Auto setting and setting on 6 frames. Repeat 3 times, haha.

This should be our next contest. Funniest Epaulet BRoll shot (with caption).

Todd V

Reaction score
Sir, have I missed the size Small cardigans this season or do I still have a chance to pick one up soon? The v-necks are fantastic but I promised myself a cardigan.

I'm not used to competing for smalls!

Antler4641

Reaction score
I'm selling a pair of BNWT size 33 Cramerton Walts for $165. Send me a PM if you're interested. Turns out I'm better suited for the Rudy and I'm trying to get funds for a special order. This is a great chance to save yourself 20 bucks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads