1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

Does anybody own the Navy Micro Houndstooth Walts? What color shirts do you wear with it?

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I really wish I could do this - I have narrow feet and can rarely find anything in my size, let alone an exotic shell, which is pretty much impossible now. Ever try finding a size 12.5C in a Cigar LWB on the Leydon last, or a Ravello wingtip boot in 12C? This is why I must pre-order and wait......serenity now...serenity now...serenity now...

Or maybe I just need to stop buying Alden and get something else that can be custom ordered much more quickly. I really need to figure out if I can wear Carmina comfortably or not.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

You've been extremely patient waiting for your Aldens. Hopefully you end up paying three years ago prices for balance on them when they come in...

And I don't even wear an odd size and I think I'm finished buying Aldens. Famous last words, I know, but I have so (too) many and I don't see the point of scrabbling for more. I'm also trying to get off the impulse buying treadmill of "It's in my size, I have to buy it!" Carmina could be a good option for you, though AFIK they are limited in the widths they make their shoes in (i.e., a last is either a little on the narrower or wider side and that's it, with the exception of one or two that they'll do in wide sizes). Of course, the EP preorder service is outstanding and a really great way to get unique Carminas or an EP stock model reserved in your specific size.

I don't want to open up a new can of worms for you, but consider Vass. Excellent quality and lots of flexibility on a very reasonable production schedule and at prices that are in the Alden/Carmina range. Only trick there is finding out your size to begin with.

Or forget Vass and save yourself some money... :)

4. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

It does for me

5. trig

trig Well-Known Member

i personally stay 34 in rivet and walt.

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Frank - thanks for the info. I do seem to remember someone saying Carmina doesn't offer narrow widths, but once I get some money to burn I'll try something on the Rain or maybe Simpson to see if those would be doable for me.

As far as Vass, sounds intriguing but it might be difficult to to figure out my size with limited buying options in the US. Maybe a certain men's habadashery will be able to convince them to sell thru their store... :p

And anything more expensive than the Alden/Carmina/Vass price range would most likely be too pricey for me.

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

QFT.

I should probably get that printed up and hang it above my computer monitor. Must not begin buying even more expensive shoes... :rotflmao:

8. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Well-Known Member

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Wore my Lama boots today and OH MY GOD, they are the perfect summer boot. They felt as light as any of my running shoes, and the leather was so comfortable. Today was with the Koi shirt:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Well-Known Member

Speaking of the Alden devil...snuff suede PTB is pretty classic. Now where is the damn ravello semi-brogue captoe and whiskey wingtip boot?!

Looks like my first (of many) Epaulet order was June 2009, the seersucker buttondown shirt in a Large.

11. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Nice Rob. I'm always tempted to double tap your pics when scrolling like on Instagram or Tumblr haha.

12. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Nice Rob. I'm always tempted to double tap your pics when scrolling like on Instagram or Tumblr haha.

1 person likes this.
  13. digga

digga Well-Known Member

What do you guys do with your wool trousers after getting caught in the rain. I got caught in a storm in my wool/cashmere blend trousers. They are currently hanging by clips on the waistband. I'm guessing I will have to dry clean them or at least get them pressed after they dry but I'm not really sure.

thanks

14. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

I just let it dry and put them back on the hanger.

15. macjedi

macjedi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice guys!! Getting the structured shoulder makes a lot of sense.

Thanks again!

16. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

So.......don't wanna steal the thunder from Mike, as I'm sure he'll post it, but its up on FB and I just grabbed three pants in store today and HOLY SNIKEYS, the wool drops that are ready to roll and just perfect for Spring. I'm not a linen guy, as I'd rather stick with wool or cotton, and these wools are just gorgeous. Kopped the burgundy, green merino, and Camo. For your listening pleasure... Yea, I love country.

17. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Well-Known Member

In lieu of the Carmina MTO beatdown, seems I forgot to post up the new styles.

First up two iterations of the Greeley Boot. For any who don't know, this is the first shape that we've actually developed with Carmina in it's entirety. And two phenomenal batches of shell!

[​IMG]

Carmina for Epaulet Greeley Balmoral Boot Saddle Shell Cordovan - $925

[​IMG]
    Carmina for Epaulet Greeley Balmoral Boot Ruby Shell Cordovan - $925

Next we have a solid PTB that can easily serve your shoe needs in a lot of ways. From a suit to jeans, I think these may be one of the most versatile shoes we make.

[​IMG]

Carmina for Epaulet Adams Plain Toe Blucher Burgundy Calfskin - $545

And a new Rain-lasted double monk. I think a few dudes have seen them in the shop, but these kick some SERIOUS ass. I for one am impressed with the finishing. With a lot of navy shoes, and shell in particular, manufacturers use a lot of black. These have a true, rich navy tone that is pretty unbeatable.

[​IMG]
    Carmina for Epaulet Bryant Double Monk Navy Shell Cordovan - $850

1 person likes this.
  18. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Sick!! How about an MTO captoe boot? :)