1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet Chelsea Boot GMTO - Suede & Couro Chromo Steerhide

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by EP Sam, Nov 11, 2015.

1. EP Sam

EP Sam Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hi Gents,

Until November 18th, we're doing a massive Chelsea boot preorder project. These gorgeous boots are the latest addition to our growing lineup of in-house, Portugese made footwear. They feature Blake Rapid stitching + crepe soles and we are offering them in 6 vibrant suedes (at $275) and 3 brilliant shades of Portugese Couro Cromo steerhide (at $285). You'll also have the option to add a matching belt for $60 when you place your order. We've got a huge amount of really descriptive copy and photos on the medium.com page but here's the idea in a nutshell:

1) Your preorder is held with a $110 non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit.

2) The full price per unit is $275 for the suede Chelsea boot and $285 for the Couro Cromo Chelsea Boot.

3) Preorders will be accepted until midnight EST Wed, Nov 18th. Size and color changes can be requested before November 18th, but not afterwards. Once orders are placed, they cannot be canceled or refunded.

4) Delivery will occur between March and April of 2015.

5) Once the boots are received, you will be notified via email and the balance may be paid online. Final payment must be received within 30 days of notification, or your deposit will be forfeited and the shoes will be put up for general sale.

6) Shipping to US addresses is included in the price. For International customers, we request that you choose "Store Pickup" as your shipping option (resulting in no shipping fee charged now).

7) European orders will be fulfilled by our affiliate in Austria, so your shipment will wholly occur within the European Union. The shipping price for this is $25 for delivery throughout the EU.

8) All preorder sales are final. When the shoes are delivered, we regretfully cannot accept any returns or exchanges on these purchases.

9) Our quoted delivery period for these boots is March/April 2016. However, we're working with both a small tannery and a small factory. Things can happen, and factors outside of our control could cause the delivery to be delayed. If the delivery is somehow delayed past May 30th, 2016, then customers will be offered the opportunity to cancel their preorder and receive a full refund of their deposit.

Everything is further broken down in the following links:

You can view the online item and place a preorder here

You can see more photos, videos, and text at our Medium.com presentation

We'll update this thread with images of the samples as we wear them. If you have any questions on sizing, please feel free to post them. I'll leave you off with some additional photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  2. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Subbed

In for Sand

3. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

4. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Well-Known Member

5. coiol

coiol Well-Known Member

In for navy suede + belt

6. tailboard

tailboard Member

If 9.5 EP Gats out the box have about an inch of space in the toes and slightly tight around the wide part of the foot with medium thick socks I should get the same size in the Chelseas???

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

imho, these are... the best:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. docalden2013

docalden2013 Well-Known Member

Thought I could resist...

...then I succumbed and kopped the classic black couro at 1am last night. At least I can wear it with the Thedi MA-1 when it comes :)

9. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

The Chelsea last is a bit shorter, so I would still advise a 9.5 in these. Width may feel snug on the first wear or so, but the combo of soft leathers and blake-rapid construction mean that this can break in very quickly in both the width and the height. You may need to start the process with a thinner sock though.

So yes, I'd say a 9.5 in these.

1 person likes this.
  10. Epaulet

Here's a little collection of outdoor pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Epaulet

Just a quick bump everyone - the preorder window for Chelsea boots closes up tonight.

12. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Well-Known Member

@Epaulet just curious, are these on track? or do you foresee a delay

13. pfurey

pfurey Well-Known Member

Still drooling.

14. coiol

coiol Well-Known Member

Given that there have been no updates of any kind since November, is there any chance that the boots will be shipped in the next 11 days, or will you start processing refunds immediately?

15. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Well-Known Member

hes been providing updates in the actual Epaulet thread (I know...why not here).

Last time I checked, maybe a week or two ago has said it would be shipping a day or two (from the day of that update)

16. Epaulet

Hey everyone!

My apologies for the delay on these! We've been communicating in our thread and newsletter, but I should have posted an update here as well. The soles of these boots are all sculpted by hand, and production was a little bit backed up. We're receiving them tomorrow and we'll start shipping out immediately. Thanks for bearing with us - I think that you'll find them to be well worth the wait!

You can pay your balance here. We'll ship them first come, first served

One quick note - I need about four more weeks on the belts. My original belt factory went out of business this past Spring, so we had to relocate production. It's a happy accident as the new factory is markedly better (they make our Saffiano bags and suede ballcaps), but we'll need a bit longer to get them in. Once they arrive they'll be shipped out to you separately on our dime.

Thanks!

17. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Can. Not. Wait! awesome news!!

18. Epaulet

We'll email out the balance payment links in today's newsletter, but here they are if you guys want to get them in. We're going to ship them out first-come, first served. We're closing the Manhattan store tomorrow and I've got 5 employees on hand to work, so we should hopefully get a massive amount of these sent out.

CHELSEA BOOT BALANCE PAYMENT

UNFINISHED HORSEHIDE TRAINER BALANCE PAYMENT

Quick note on belts - I'm gonna need about a month on those. The original belt factory went out of business this Spring and we moved everything to a new place. The new spot is better (they make the Saffiano bags and the upcoming suede hats), but we lost some time on it. When the belts come in, I'll ship them out separately to everyone on our dime.

Last edited: May 25, 2016