1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Chris "Italia", Nov 4, 2007.

1. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

2. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

3. Watchman1

Watchman1 Well-Known Member

Thank you Sir.

These are actually the 1.5 leather sole with Vibram's attached.

4. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

So what about we do calf and suede?

5. tdes81

tdes81 Well-Known Member

I don't know if you guys feel like getting really wild with the new pattern (glad you like it!) but the hippo Lorenzo has is super soft. It would make for an amazing shaft for a button boot. You could do pin grain and hippo or something. :)

6. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

Hahaha not my cup of tea. I'd be up for something in ebano or etrusco with matching suede shaft.

7. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

X-post from our thread, some rare leathers offered:

I spent a day at the Enzo Bonafe factory last week, spent most of the time just poring over old patterns and leathers. Such an amazing place to visit, unfortunately one day is just too short, I could spend a week there at least. I found some really, really nice leathers that we will now start to offer as MTOs and GMTOs.

The material I'm most excited about is the marbled heavy grain, the origin is not 100% clear. The leather is from the early 90's. We're going to call it "Oak Museum Grain" but the technical name is "Polo 618". We have enough for about 10 pairs of shoes or about 8 boots. First come, first served.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then we have another treat, I found some vintage Ilcea grain in three colors; Oak, Cognac and Burgundy. Now, this stuff is special as the old Ilcea went bankrupt a few years ago and was then bought up by Conceria Vecchia Toscana but as far as I know the old Ilcea tannery is closed and the Ilcea branded stuff we see today is actually produced at Conceria Vecchia Toscana. This "Vintage Ilcea Grain" leather is dated to 1991, we found the old invoice for the leather so this is verified.

[​IMG]

Cognac
    [​IMG]

Oak
    [​IMG]

Burgundy (very limited)
    [​IMG]

And then, the most rare is a leather that's about 40 years old, tannery is not confirmed but Guerrina Bonafè (Enzo's wife and the head of the leather department and pattern making) says it is from the mid 1970s. It is special stuff for sure, a bit extreme and not for everyone. It is a type of hand folded leather. I've never seen anything like it before. We have enough for only one pair for each type (burgundy and brown).

[​IMG]

8. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing Patrik.
    Are there any upcharges on any of these leathers?
    I'm assuming all are calf?
    May I propose a chukka or boot gmto for the marbled heavy grain, and the oak or cognac Ilcea grain.
    Any ideas anyone?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  9. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

No surcharge.

10. kevenmee

kevenmee Active Member

Will get the specifics later today, but the burgandy Ilcea or the oak museum grain would be wonderful on a norwegian split toe.

11. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

The Museum Grain is reserved, nothing left. We still have all colours of the Ilcea grain left though but it will probably go fast now that the Museum Grain is gone.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  12. MGD83

MGD83 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of participating in the Tsjarno Oak MTO, just unsure of the sizing. I wear a 9.5 in the 946 last and a 9 in the 804 last. Any suggestions from guys out there with experience with the 363MOD?

13. 02///M3

02///M3 Well-Known Member

I have a pair on 363MOD. Most people say it's roomy, but I'm not so sure. I took same size as Carmina Rain and find that the EB has a snugger fit all around. It's a derby, so can't really comment on instep, but if its similar to the 74945 then it's pretty high. Hope this helps.

14. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

Received my MTO PTB's on the 363Mod last. Absolutely enamored with them. Thanks to Gabriel and the rest of the team at Skoaktiebolaget for getting them to me. Will get some photos asap.

1 person likes this.
  15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Thanks to Lorenzo at @SoleGarb, I have finally achieved my dream of a well-fitting pair of Chelsea boots! These were made for my wide feet on the 804 last in burnished Vitello Etrusco.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    7 people like this.
  16. tdes81

tdes81 Well-Known Member

Finally taking my new mahogany shell x tweed button boots out for a spin! Relaxed fits abound.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Well-Known Member

Those look great @peppercorn78!. How did the measurement process work?

18. peppercorn78

Lorenzo helped me dial it in!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  19. stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003 Well-Known Member

Got my GMTO Enzo Galway on the Horween hatch lowers w/Inca uppers in. Gawd they are beeeauutifulll!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. peppercorn78

^^
    Wow, those are fantastic? Would you mind some close ups of the contrast in color's/textures? I'm interested in how they work together.