1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Enzo Bonafe Black Captoe Oxford GMTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by watchidiot, Nov 19, 2015.

1. tdes81

tdes81 Well-Known Member

The trick will be not just jumping right in on the December one. :) I sold my AE Park Aves because the last doesn't work well for me, so now I'm without a black cap toe for awhile... I think these will fill that void perfectly.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  2. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Well-Known Member

Gents, I have a bit of bad news.
    Gabriel just got back to me.
    He actually suggested that he'd open the gmto and keep it running till January.
    According to him, the enzo factory closes for a period of 3 weeks in December and it might not make much of a difference as to when we eventually receive our shoes, whether we place our orders in December or January.

3. bloodyj13

bloodyj13 Well-Known Member

Hi, do you mean that Gabriel would open a gmto for exactly the same style and last of what we are going to do? Coz I just see they are holding the gmto pre order of last 74945 black Oxford currently.

4. ThunderMarch

Yes, he will open a GMTO link for our exact makeup, in the 804 last, not the 74945 last.

5. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I had a feeling there would be a shutdown in December and that's exactly what I was thinking.

Kinda works as I was just offered a try on from a buddy who has the shoe from the original stock. Quite relieved that I'll be able to try on the shoe, first.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  6. ThunderMarch

For what it's worth, what I can do is ask Gabe to keep the link open till Jan, but maybe still ask him to put in the first few December orders to Enzo first. It might not make a difference in the end, but I will ask if he is ok with this.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  7. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

Perfect! Then you can give me fitting advise too :) are you going 7 or 7.5? All feedback points me to 7UK.

8. ThunderMarch

Hmmm.... Guys does this mean that you aren't too keen for a December launch then?
    @MGD83 what do you think of these recent developments? Am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, or not having been quite quick enough with putting things together.

9. MGD83

MGD83 Well-Known Member

I'm game for a December launch.

10. ThunderMarch

Hey there,
    I understand that.
    I'll just ask Gabriel to set up a link, we can put in our respective orders when ready.
    Though I guess, I can't promise the December guys that we can get our shoes earlier.

11. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

I'll put in my order no worries.

12. MGD83

MGD83 Well-Known Member

I don't feel that at this point in time a December order will arrive any faster than a January order. Holiday season is coming soon and I doubt that anything will be produced until that time anyways.

13. ThunderMarch

Guys, the link is up, those of us who want to get our orders in, let's do so.
    Just to add, Gabriel will still submit the December orders first, for what it's worth.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  14. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

All feedback has pointed me to 7UK also, but I'm hesitant to do so. My buddy has a 7, so that's what I'll be trying. I'll be sure to let you know what I think.

15. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Skoak site says pre-order closes on 12/20. Are you still working on getting it kept open until January @ThunderMarch ?

16. dalevy

dalevy Well-Known Member

I'm very interested to know the differences in width around the arch and ankle, that seems to be my problem when I try on a shoe that's too small. I wear an 8uk in most shoes and they could always be a bit longer. So I'm very hesitant to size down. I'm also getting that chukka on the 74945 soon, so if you have any shoes on that last, comparisons would be welcome.

17. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I don't have any EB, yet. These will be my first pair so I can't comment on any other EB lasts.

I can compare fit to Alden, Edward Green and Saint Crispin's.

18. dalevy

dalevy Well-Known Member

okay thanks. how it fits compared to EG 82 would be most useful.

19. beargonefishing

beargonefishing Well-Known Member

What is the story on the width of this last? I wear a 12E in all my AE shoes. Thanks.

20. ThunderMarch

Hey there.
    What will happen is this, the Dec order will close on the 20th (watchidiot, myself, MGD83 and perhaps yourself?) and these orders will be submitted first. Then, depending on when the rest of the guys are ready, another January order will be opened.
    Thing is, depending on when the Jan order is launched, it might close at or near the end of Jan. So, the December guys might possibly still get their stuff earlier by up to a month? Even taking into account the 3 week closure.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015